Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No, The Demon-crats Don't Cheat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, The Demon-crats Don't Cheat...

This has always bothered me, in my state you can register to vote without showing proof of citizenship. Just check the box. I once asked my Registrar of Voters if any one follows up on this, she said no. So basically we take them at their word...

Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote, send applications with citizenship box pre-checked

The Texas Democratic Party asked non-citizens to register to vote, sending out applications to immigrants with the box citizenship already checked “Yes,” according to new complaints filed Thursday asking prosecutors to see what laws may have been broken.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation alerted district attorneys and the federal Justice Department to the pre-checked applications, and also included a signed affidavit from a man who said some of his relatives, who aren’t citizens, received the mailing.

“This is how the Texas Democratic Party is inviting foreign influence in an election in a federal election cycle,” said Logan Churchwell, spokesman for the PILF, a group that’s made its mark policing states’ voter registration practices.

The Texas secretary of state’s office said it, too, had gotten complaints both from immigrants and from relatives of dead people who said they got mailings asking them to register.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...register-vote/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

this way they can say "we just did it as a courtesy, we did not encourage anyone to lie, anyone who was not a citizen should not have returned the forms" and the people sending it in can say "I never checked the box saying I was a citizen"

Pretty sneaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      this way they can say "we just did it as a courtesy, we did not encourage anyone to lie, anyone who was not a citizen should not have returned the forms" and the people sending it in can say "I never checked the box saying I was a citizen"

Pretty sneaky.
      Right no one is accountable...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Right no one is accountable...
        We keep hearing about voter fraud, and foreign influences on our elections, and the democrats dismiss it with a handwave saying it never happens and republicans are just trying to stop minorities from voting. But it does happen, and almost every single time we hear about it, it is the democrats who are doing the cheating. I can't remember any stories about republicans doing any voter fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I can't remember any stories about republicans doing any voter fraud.
          I've seen instances cited here, but they're decidedly the exception.

I'm also less than enamored by the thread title. Not all Republicans are pure as the driven snow, and not all Democrats are straight up evil (and not by a long shot either way). Let's not demonize the opposition, shall we?
          Last edited by One Bad Pig; 10-19-2018, 03:30 PM.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Dang. I just amen'd both the mangy pirate and the singular naughty swine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment