Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Me Too Madness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me Too Madness...

Are you leftists happy now? You would make Joseph McCarthy proud...

9-Year-Old Says He Felt 'Humiliated' After 'Cornerstore Caroline' Wrongly Accused Him of Sexual Assault

A black 9-year-old boy is still grappling with accusations of sexual assault by a white woman, dubbed "Cornerstore Caroline," in New York.

A viral video captured the moment the 9-year-old, Jeremiah Harvey, walked out of the Brooklyn store earlier this month and his backpack grazed against Teresa Klein. Klein, who had her back turned, then accused Jeremiah of groping her and called police.

"I want the cops here right now!" Klein is heard screaming in the video. "I was sexually assaulted by a child!"

https://www.insideedition.com/9-year...sexual-assault
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Sounds like the reaction of a racist wacko republican to me like we are hearing of happening all over. Basically calling the police on blacks for existing while being black.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Sounds like the reaction of a racist wacko republican to me like we are hearing of happening all over. Basically calling the police on blacks for existing while being black.
      Klein, a well known local trouble maker, describes herself an unemployed feminist and humanist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How does this have anything to do with MeToo or liberals, and how is this at all related to McCarthyism?
        Last edited by Psychic Missile; 10-20-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Yes, in that well-known bastion of conservatism Brooklyn. Do you ever think before you type?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This isn't a very good example of #MeToo; more an example of someone on the lookout for grievances and finding one.

Sexual harassment of anyone is wrong, and I applaud the #MeToo movement for bringing perpetrators to light so they can no longer get away with their vile actions.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

If the #metoo movement has flaws, this wouldn't be an instance of it. This is a paranoid woman, who seems to be known for causing trouble. I'm sad to see herself calling herself a feminist or humanist. I have a suspicion she isn't mentally well.

There's an interesting parallel between this and the infamous killing of Emmet Wilson, only here the boy wasn't kidnapped by a group of men and tortured to death, all on the rumor of a wolf whistle.

At any rate. Boo on that woman. Though I don't see the overlap with the #metoo movement at all.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Sexual harassment of anyone is wrong, and I applaud the #MeToo movement for bringing perpetrators to light so they can no longer get away with their vile actions.
                "Me Too" was fine when it started, but like most things liberal, it didn't take it long to go off the rails.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  "Me Too" was fine when it started, but like most things liberal, it didn't take it long to go off the rails.
                  All movements have extremists that abuse the intention of the movement so as to give vent to personal grievances. Just as those that dislike the movement will unfairly cite these extremists as representative of said movement...as seer is doing here.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This is an an example of someone who is crazy. This has nothing to do with why the me too movement is needed.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      This is an an example of someone who is crazy. This has nothing to do with why the me too movement is needed.
                      No, what it has to do with is the left's tendency to be offended at the smallest slight or disagreement.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No, what it has to do with is the left's tendency to be offended at the smallest slight or disagreement.
                        Does that mean I can use radical, crazy, irrelevant conservatives to shame conservatism with?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Does that mean I can use radical, crazy, irrelevant conservatives to shame conservatism with?

But the radical, crazy, irrelevant liberals are often embraced by the left and found in high office not off on the fringes

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wrote a couple of posts, but found that none of them were in good taste, so I immediately deleted them. I'm sorry you feel Maxine Waters is comparable, even remotely, to Alex Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Wrote a couple of posts, but found that none of them were in good taste, so I immediately deleted them. I'm sorry you feel Maxine Waters is comparable, even remotely, to Alex Jones.
                              Jones is merely a nut whereas Waters is a dangerous nut. She has far more power and influence.

Comment