Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Me Too Madness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Jones is merely a nut whereas Waters is a dangerous nut. She has far more power and influence.
    Eeeeeh, too many people listened to Alex Jones. Even Darth Ex on this forum defended the guy, and I saw Infowars linked to as a resource here on more than one occasion. If he was just harmlessly crank, he'd be harmless. If he was just like Coast To Coast AM, rambling on a radio station somewhere about vampires and the Chupacrabra (as Coast To Coast did) then he could talk about flouridation all the wanted. It'd be part of the 'giggle factor'.

But his systematic attacks on school shooting survivors, and his spreading of dangerous conspiracies like the pizzagate thing, which caused on man to charge into a pizzaria armed with a semi-automatic rifle, to rescue the children ostensibly in the basement of that pizzaria... which turned out not to have basement.

Its more creepy to me. Thankfully today mostly that conspiracy is running in circles and keeps mutating, and is mostly only talked about on Alt-Right forums and is no longer given press time. Its now called Q-Anon I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Does that mean I can use radical, crazy, irrelevant conservatives to shame conservatism with?

Jones is a single nut as opposed to the left where insanity is wide spread.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Jones is a single nut as opposed to the left where insanity is wide spread.

Comment

Eeeeeh, too many people listened to Alex Jones. Even Darth Ex on this forum defended the guy, and I saw Infowars linked to as a resource here on more than one occasion. If he was just harmlessly crank, he'd be harmless. If he was just like Coast To Coast AM, rambling on a radio station somewhere about vampires and the Chupacrabra (as Coast To Coast did) then he could talk about flouridation all the wanted. It'd be part of the 'giggle factor'.

But his systematic attacks on school shooting survivors, and his spreading of dangerous conspiracies like the pizzagate thing, which caused on man to charge into a pizzaria armed with a semi-automatic rifle, to rescue the children ostensibly in the basement of that pizzaria... which turned out not to have basement.

Its more creepy to me. Thankfully today mostly that conspiracy is running in circles and keeps mutating, and is mostly only talked about on Alt-Right forums and is no longer given press time. Its now called Q-Anon I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon
          Wow. "Even Darth Ex on this forum defended the guy." Well that certainly trumps a 13 term Congresswoman, the Chief Deputy Whip, who, if the Democrats seize control of the House, would be chair of the powerful House Banking Committee and who many on the left as well as a considerable portion of the MSM affectionately call "Auntie Maxine" and hang on her every word cheering her on.

As for Waters herself...
          Waters has a long history of defending violent political action. During the rioting after the Rodney King verdict which resulted in 63 people being killed and nearly 2400 seriously injured Waters proclaimed that "I maintain it was somewhat understandable, if not acceptable." And that "Riot is the voice of the unheard."

During the rioting Reginald Denny, who was a truck driver who happened to be the wrong color was pulled from his truck and smashed in the head with a cinder block until he sustained brain damage by a mob led by Damien Williams (who did a victory dance over his motionless body). Williams was convicted and sent to prison but during the trial Mad Maxine visited his mother to offer her support and when some of his accomplices were acquitted celebrated at an acquittal party with them.
          Last edited by rogue06; 10-22-2018, 02:00 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow. "Even Darth Ex on this forum defended the guy." Well that certainly trumps a 13 term Congresswoman, the Chief Deputy Whip, who, if the Democrats seize control of the House, would be chair of the powerful House Banking Committee and who many on the left as well as a considerable portion of the MSM affectionately call "Auntie Maxine" and hang on her every word cheering her on.
            I honestly only hear about her from you guys, so I'll take how important she is with a grain of salt.

"I maintain it was somewhat understandable, if not acceptable."
            Really? A group of police officer, lynch a black taxi driver, while its being recorded, while he's begging for his life, and they're then all later proclaimed innocent of any crime (they weren't even convicted for the crime of 'excessive force') by a an all-white jury.

All that being true, you would not agree with her statement that the violent rebellion that occured as a result of such a blatantly injust ruling is "...somewhat understandable, if not acceptable."
            Last edited by Leonhard; 10-22-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I honestly only hear about her from you guys, so I'll take how important she is with a grain of salt.
              What does that have to do with how powerful she is? This looks like a handwave.
              Really? A group of police officer, lynch a black taxi driver, while its being recorded, while he's begging for his life, and they're then all later proclaimed innocent of any crime (they weren't even convicted for the crime of 'excessive force') by a an all-white jury.
              Though King was hardly an upstanding citizen, what the police did was wrong.
              All that being true, you would not agree with her statement that the violent rebellion that occured as a result of such a blatantly injust ruling is "...somewhat understandable, if not acceptable."
              No, I would not agree with her statement, because the statement implies that it might be acceptable.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                What does that have to do with how powerful she is? This looks like a handwave.
                Because I litterally only hear about her from you guys. None of the other circles I talk with mentions her at all. Its Rogue06 who claims that all US liberals bow and scrape before her. So I'm not sure how much water that holds. At the very least there's some hyperbole going on.

Though King was hardly an upstanding citizen, what the police did was wrong. ... No, I would not agree with her statement, because the statement implies that it might be acceptable.
                Putting these two sentences next to each other the sentence becomes ironic. Maxine clearly states its not acceptable, only that she understands why people would do it (which is what you judge as support for the action). Meanwhile you want me to believe you think the police action was wrong, even though you clearly push in 'King was hardly an upstanding citizen'.

I do believe you, and I believe Maxine. I see no reason not to take her word here. It is true that people who are given the short end of the stick, and who are victims of a powerful system that antagonizes them, will tend to turn towards distrust and then violent action. Saying this fact, in no way supports the violence.

I mean for crying out loud One Bad Pig, the whole event was recorded. On Camera. Which was submitted to court. And the jury still let all of the police officers walk free. Of all charges. Only after intense riots, was the case reviewed at a federal court, and the judge even waived away the five to seven year prison sentence their crimes warranted, because those poor police officers had been through so much.

They served a couple of weeks. For beating a guy half to death, shattering the bones in his arms and legs, in public, going way beyond any notion of necessary force.

Comment

Because I litterally only hear about her from you guys. None of the other circles I talk with mentions her at all. Its Rogue06 who claims that all US liberals bow and scrape before her.
                  That's a (deliberate?) mischaracterization, although "Auntie Maxine" has become very popular on the left

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's a (deliberate?) mischaracterization, although "Auntie Maxine" has become very popular on the left
                    Look up hyperbole in the dictionary. Honestly I thought it was obvious.

Comment

Because I litterally only hear about her from you guys. None of the other circles I talk with mentions her at all. Its Rogue06 who claims that all US liberals bow and scrape before her. So I'm not sure how much water that holds. At the very least there's some hyperbole going on.
                      You also seem to talk with some rather ...odd circles.
                      Putting these two sentences next to each other the sentence becomes ironic. Maxine clearly states its not acceptable,
                      No, she doesn't. She grants that it might be unacceptable. The connector she used was "IF". That is unequivocally NOT a clear disavowal, Leonhard.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You also seem to talk with some rather ...odd circles.
                        You guys.

Seriously, as for the '...odd circles' I'm not sure what you're talking about. Your statement is defamatory, as it implies something about my character and the people I hang out with, so I'd like a clear and explicit answer about it. In public as well, so I have a chance at giving clarifications.

No, she doesn't. She grants that it might be unacceptable. The connector she used was "IF". That is unequivocally NOT a clear disavowal, Leonhard.
                        I won't keep debating you on this. Its pretty clear to me, from reading that sentence, that she's clearly rejecting the violence but expressing understanding. There's nothing ambiguous about it all. I'm not sure conservatives can coherently maintain that she's stupid (Trump said she had an IQ of 60), crazy, and that at the same time she's a Machiavellian genius who's slyly slipping subtle around sentences like that to manipulate people.

I'd rather take her at her word. Just like I take you at your word that Rodney King's character (which you just had to mention for some reason) in no way justified the police brutality he experienced.
                        Last edited by Leonhard; 10-22-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

You guys.

Seriously, as for the '...odd circles' I'm not sure what you're talking about. Your statement is defamatory, as it implies something about my character and the people I hang out with, so I'd like a clear and explicit answer about it. In public as well, so I have a chance at giving clarifications.
                          No implication about your character is intended. I'm merely refering to your evident penchant for hanging out in far right forums, given your occasional reference to that and to attestations that x event tends to trigger y far right response, which scares you.
                          I won't keep debating you on this. Its pretty clear to me, from reading that sentence, that she's clearly rejecting the violence but expressing understanding. There's nothing ambiguous about it all. I'm not sure conservatives can coherently maintain that she's stupid (Trump said she had an IQ of 60), crazy, and that at the same time she's a Machiavellian genius who's slyly slipping subtle around sentences like that to manipulate people.
                          I don't think she has any idea what impact her words might engender.
                          I'd rather take her at her word. Just like I take you at your word that Rodney King's character (which you just had to mention for some reason) in no way justified the police brutality he experienced.
                          I don't think anything would justify the police brutality he experienced, given that he wasn't resisting and pleading for them to stop (people who are high on drugs and resisting arrest can take an amazing amount of force to subdue). I mentioned his character because I am aware he used drugs before and after the beating.

sigpic

Comment

No implication about your character is intended. I'm merely refering to your evident penchant for hanging out in far right forums, given your occasional reference to that and to attestations that x event tends to trigger y far right response, which scares you.
                            TheologyWeb isn't a far right forum as far as I can tell. Its certainly almost exclusively populated by right-wing Christians, but its not what I'd call alt-right by any stretch of the imagination.

If you're talking about 4chan, that forum wasn't originally an alt-right cesspit of toxic-everything. It was originally just an image board with absolutely no censor. It was a hillarious meme factory. There was a humor there I doubt anyone who wasn't there at the time would appreciate. Basically it was a place for people disillusioned about society, mocking things. Most meme pictures back then were generated by 4chan.

It was also the forum to first notice My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, and to this day has a small subforum for pony pictures.

Later, around the time of something called Gamergate, which basically involved some feminist game critics who pointed out bad tropes about women in gaming, some of the people on 4chan began mocking that. Attacking Zoe Quinn, and later others quite mercilessly. Around that time 4chan became really well known. Which was sad. Because a bunch of toxic nerds began flooding the forum, thinking it was a home for the anti-sjw. And they quickly outnumbered the old guard. Then later actual members of nazi groups thought the tongue-in-cheek nazi memes on 4chan were legitimate.

Beyond that I've had experience with traditionalist catholic forums, because I like the old form of the latin rite. I don't go to those forums anymore.

Beyond that I know the alt-right from its effects on my friends, and from the left wing discussion circles about it.

I don't think anything would justify the police brutality he experienced, given that he wasn't resisting and pleading for them to stop (people who are high on drugs and resisting arrest can take an amazing amount of force to subdue). I mentioned his character because I am aware he used drugs before and after the beating.
                            One Bad Pig, just stop. I'm on your side. But everytime you post like this, you're kinda hurting your case. I believe you when you say that you don't believe Rodney King deserved to be beaten up. Honestly I do. I'm not being facetious here either. But everytime you bring up him doing drugs, and adding little things like him being high, and that requiring more force to subdue, then it comes of as legitimizing what happened.

I really don't understand why you're doing that, if in fact you believe what you say "I don't think anything would justify the police brutality he experienced".

I mean its like the police officer who shot a black guy, wrongfully, in his own apartment. Where the first statement of the police in the case was that they had ransacked his apartment and found some pot.

What's relevant about that to the case at all?
                            Last edited by Leonhard; 10-23-2018, 03:36 AM.

Comment

TheologyWeb isn't a far right forum as far as I can tell. Its certainly almost exclusively populated by right-wing Christians, but its not what I'd call alt-right by any stretch of the imagination.
                              I'm sort of obviously excepting this one, dork.
                              If you're talking about 4chan, that forum wasn't originally an alt-right cesspit of toxic-everything. It was originally just an image board with absolutely no censor. It was a hillarious meme factory. There was a humor there I doubt anyone who wasn't there at the time would appreciate. Basically it was a place for people disillusioned about society, mocking things. Most meme pictures back then were generated by 4chan.

It was also the forum to first notice My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, and to this day has a small subforum for pony pictures.

Later, around the time of something called Gamergate, which basically involved some feminist game critics who pointed out bad tropes about women in gaming, some of the people on 4chan began mocking that. Attacking Zoe Quinn, and later others quite mercilessly. Around that time 4chan became really well known. Which was sad. Because a bunch of toxic nerds began flooding the forum, thinking it was a home for the anti-sjw. And they quickly outnumbered the old guard. Then later actual members of nazi groups thought the tongue-in-cheek nazi memes on 4chan were legitimate.

Beyond that I've had experience with traditionalist catholic forums, because I like the old form of the latin rite. I don't go to those forums anymore.

Beyond that I know the alt-right from its effects on my friends, and from the left wing discussion circles about it.

One Bad Pig, just stop. I'm on your side. But everytime you post like this, you're kinda hurting your case. I believe you when you say that you don't believe Rodney King deserved to be beaten up. Honestly I do. I'm not being facetious here either. But everytime you bring up him doing drugs, and adding little things like him being high, and that requiring more force to subdue, then it comes of as legitimizing what happened.

I really don't understand why you're doing that, if in fact you believe what you say "I don't think anything would justify the police brutality he experienced".

I mean its like the police officer who shot a black guy, wrongfully, in his own apartment. Where the first statement of the police in the case was that they had ransacked his apartment and found some pot.

What's relevant about that to the case at all?
                              Leonhard, how about you stop reading into my posts some sort of justification for what happened? All I'm trying to say is that Rodney King wasn't just some random innocent guy in the wrong place at the wrong time beaten up because he had an abundance of melanin. Those who beat him were acquitted not because the members of the jury were white supremacists, but because King had led the cops on a high-speed chase and they thought he was high on PCP, a drug which can make people very difficult to subdue (and was popular at the time). That's why it's relevant to the case. I still think what they did was wrong.

sigpic

Comment