Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russia targeting the midterms in effort to secure their puppet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia targeting the midterms in effort to secure their puppet.

Who'd of guessed it. Putin is at it again, using social media to interfere and to parrot Trumps rhetorical lead in their united effort to further sew division in the country and hopefully secure their puppet as the executive in the oval office. Here's hoping Trump supporters finally open their adoring eyes and see Trump for the crooked con man creep he actually is. I'm not holding my breath though, I think Trump has them pegged well.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/politi...ged/index.html

I think sewing division might be an oxymoron.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

And democrats are still unable to prove a single vote was changed by Russia or that Trump is a Russian puppet. Keep that tin foil hat on tight Jimmy.

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        Who'd of guessed it. Putin is at it again, using social media to interfere and to parrot Trumps rhetorical lead in their united effort to further sew division in the country and hopefully secure their puppet as the executive in the oval office. Here's hoping Trump supporters finally open their adoring eyes and see Trump for the crooked con man creep he actually is. I'm not holding my breath though, I think Trump has them pegged well.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/politi...ged/index.html
        Whatever it takes to keep Trump in power.

But seriously, there's nothing in that article suggesting that the effort was intended to help either party but to simply keep our political system off balance, which is the same conclusion that was reached by the Senate Intelligence Committee. Sowing division is as likely to help the Democrats as it is the Republicans.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But seriously, there's nothing in that article suggesting that the effort was intended to help either party but to simply keep our political system off balance, which is the same conclusion that was reached by the Senate Intelligence Committee. Sowing division is as likely to help the Democrats as it is the Republicans.
          I'm just impressed that Jim included an actual cite!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'm just impressed that Jim included an actual cite!
            That'll teach him to ever do that again.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                IIRC several months back Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) was claiming that if he lost it'll be due to Russian interference.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  IIRC several months back Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) was claiming that if he lost it'll be due to Russian interference.
                  I'm interested to see the Democrats in the US pick themselves together, but it doesn't like its happening yet.

Comment

Given the extent to which the US has openly involved itself in electoral processes abroad, Americans can hardly object.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Given the extent to which the US has openly involved itself in electoral processes abroad, Americans can hardly object.
                      EGGzackly!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

the only actual example of any interference in the 2018 elections in that article was about stirring up liberals in Flint about drinking water and encouraging liberals to register to vote.

One Twitter account the group ran, @wokeluisa, amassed 55,000 followers in one year, tweeting about Flint, Michigan's drinking water crisis and encouraging voters to register in the 2018 midterm elections.

The rest seemed to be all about the 2016 election. And the actual campaigns mentioned sounded really juvenile and with bad English.

In one effort to spread an online news article about the late Sen. John McCain's position on a border wall to stop illegal immigration, an alleged conspirator directed others to "brand McCain as an old geezer." They also attempted to paint House Speaker Paul Ryan as "a complete and absolute nobody incapable of any decisiveness" and as a "two-faced loudmouth."

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          And democrats are still unable to prove a single vote was changed by Russia or that Trump is a Russian puppet. Keep that tin foil hat on tight Jimmy.

We don't need absolute proof Lilpix, we anti-Trumpsters, we're real Americans, who don't take lightly, like Trump and Republicans do, the fact that our foriegn foes, enemies to our democracy, are interfering in our electoral process, whether we can prove it's effect or not. Certainly the Russians believe it changed many votes, which is why they are at it again, and so does Trump believe its had an effect, which is why he continuously defends them over his own Intelligence and does nothing to punish or prevent their continued efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            That about says it all alright. You remind me of the Conservative nut bags proudly wearing the shirts with "We'd rather be Russians than liberals" printed on it.
                            Oh, sure there is MM, but I don't expect you to recognize it, you're drowning in denial.
                            Last edited by JimL; 10-22-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Yes we can.

Comment