Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Methods of administering death penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Maybe the quickest death would be by surrounding yourself with a large number of irony meters and reading posts by Tass, JimL, Charles and starlight. The resulting explosion would obliterate anyone nearby.
    They would hear and hopefully understand the truth. They might even spend some time on tweb to tell some you guys something about killing other people or asking others to kill other people.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      They would hear and hopefully understand the truth. They might even spend some time on tweb to tell some you guys something about killing other people or asking others to kill other people.
      Anyone who has no problem with killing innocent children has nothing to say worth listening to about killing criminals.

Comment

If not hanging I'd say nitrogen gas asphyxiation. Replace all the gas in a room with pure nitrogen. The lack of oxygen will cause lack of consciousness within minutes, painlessly. Its not the same feeling as drowning, which is caused by a buildup of carbon dioxide in your blood. Easily done, and its gas that's non toxic, you just have to let air into the room again to extract the person.

Also pure nitrogen is easy to get hold of, as its sold in liquid nitrogen form by tons of companies.

But again, I'd rather we just didn't use the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Anyone who has no problem with killing innocent children has nothing to say worth listening to about killing criminals.
          Since I certainly do have a problem with killing innocent children I fail to see what your point is.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Here's a link discussing the technique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation

Source: Wikipedia

Inert gas asphyxiation is a form of asphyxiation which results from breathing a physiologically inert gas in the absence of oxygen, or a low amount of oxygen, rather than atmospheric air (which is largely composed of nitrogen and oxygen). Examples of physiologically inert gases, which have caused accidental or deliberate death by this mechanism, are argon, helium, nitrogen and methane. The term "physiologically inert" is used to indicate a gas which has no toxic or anesthetic properties and does not act upon the heart or hemoglobin. Instead, the gas acts as a simple diluent to reduce oxygen concentration in inspired gas and blood to dangerously low levels, thereby eventually depriving all cells in the body of oxygen.

According to the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board, in humans, "breathing an oxygen deficient atmosphere can have serious and immediate effects, including unconsciousness after only one or two breaths. The exposed person has no warning and cannot sense that the oxygen level is too low." In the US, at least 80 people died due to accidental nitrogen asphyxiation between 1992 and 2002. Hazards with inert gases and the risks of asphyxiation are well established.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Since I certainly do have a problem with killing innocent children I fail to see what your point is.
              Tass, JimL and Starlight don't. That was my point. Nobody cares what they think (you said: "They might even spend some time on tweb to tell some you guys something about killing other people or asking others to kill other people.")

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Tass, JimL and Starlight don't. That was my point. Nobody cares what they think (you said: "They might even spend some time on tweb to tell some you guys something about killing other people or asking others to kill other people.")
                Ok. I still think you would be able to learn quite a lot from those guys. I am actually certain you could. And perhaps they could learn something from you with regard to abortion. It would be worth a try. You are not being consistent either which we have seen so many times with regard to the treatment of innocent children who are actually being born and then forced out of their parents arms and living in what can be described as torture. So...

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  If not hanging I'd say nitrogen gas asphyxiation. Replace all the gas in a room with pure nitrogen. The lack of oxygen will cause lack of consciousness within minutes, painlessly. Its not the same feeling as drowning, which is caused by a buildup of carbon dioxide in your blood. Easily done, and its gas that's non toxic, you just have to let air into the room again to extract the person.

Also pure nitrogen is easy to get hold of, as its sold in liquid nitrogen form by tons of companies.

I would rather not use it either, but I think it is necessary in our world at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

I suggested that on page 2.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Ok. I still think you would be able to learn quite a lot from those guys. I am actually certain you could. And perhaps they could learn something from you with regard to abortion. It would be worth a try. You are not being consistent either which we have seen so many times with regard to the treatment of innocent children who are actually being born and then forced out of their parents arms and living in what can be described as torture. So...
                      AS a FYI, starlight advocates for allowing parents the right to kill their newborn children up to a few months after they're born and IIRC at least one of the others named has defended his position. So it isn't just abortion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ok. I still think you would be able to learn quite a lot from those guys.
                        I have learned a little bit from each. I've probably even learned something from you, though you haven't been here nearly as long.

You are not being consistent either which we have seen so many times with regard to the treatment of innocent children who are actually being born and then forced out of their parents arms and living in what can be described as torture. So...
                        Perhaps you might ask Sparko what his stance is on such issues before assuming what he advocates or condemns. I don't think you can find one time, let alone many times, where Sparko says such a thing is acceptable.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I am actually for eliminating the death penalty myself. And the first step needs to be taken by the murderers....
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment