Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't maps know where I am?

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Why don't maps know where I am?

I used to be able to just use Google to find "directions from (my home address) to (whatever address)." Now I get a "no results found" sort of thing.

Same on Bing.

Open Street does not recognize my home address as even existing.

?????
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You don't exist.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's because you've stepped into the Twilight Zone.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    You don't exist.
    This is about me, isn't it?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You know how many Wayne Townships there are in Pennsylvania? One in Erie County, Schuylkill County, Clinton County, Greene County, Crawford County. Make sure it has the right county. Also, streets and roads often have multiple names. Check it out on Google Maps and see what name they have for your street.

Also, postal addresses often ignore municipal lines. You could be in one township, but the postal address lists another town.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    You know how many Wayne Townships there are in Pennsylvania? One in Erie County, Schuylkill County, Clinton County, Greene County, Crawford County. Make sure it has the right county. Also, streets and roads often have multiple names. Check it out on Google Maps and see what name they have for your street.

Also, postal addresses often ignore municipal lines. You could be in one township, but the postal address lists another town.
    Try going anywhere in Atlanta without getting on at least one street with the name "Peachtree" in it. What makes it worse you might have the same street address as another person/business on the same road but the other end the difference will be, for example, 123 Peachtree Street NW and 123 Peachtree Street NE and when you get the address they didn't bother to mention whether it was NW or NE.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post

I've lived here 58 years, but it's been less than half that time that I've had an actual street address -- mandated so 911 services could locate people. It is listed on some records as "Smith Street," and on others as "Smith Avenue." I live in Wayne Township, but the phone number, postal address, and Zip code all go with neighboring Ellwood City.

None of that mattered until yesterday. I was always able to ask, "What is the distance from... to..." or "Directions from... to..." and get good results.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I've lived here 58 years, but it's been less than half that time that I've had an actual street address -- mandated so 911 services could locate people. It is listed on some records as "Smith Street," and on others as "Smith Avenue." I live in Wayne Township, but the phone number, postal address, and Zip code all go with neighboring Ellwood City.

None of that mattered until yesterday. I was always able to ask, "What is the distance from... to..." or "Directions from... to..." and get good results.
    maybe you need to edit your google profile and tell it where your home address is.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post

The last place I lived was called Robinson Rd. on one end and 2 miles later was Robertson Rd. on the other.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    maybe you need to edit your google profile and tell it where your home address is.
    Ehh... I don't even know what a "Google profile" is.

Beige Nationalist.