Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Why don't maps know where I am?

  1. #1
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,343
    Amen (Given)
    4705
    Amen (Received)
    911

    Why don't maps know where I am?

    I used to be able to just use Google to find "directions from (my home address) to (whatever address)." Now I get a "no results found" sort of thing.

    Same on Bing.

    Open Street does not recognize my home address as even existing.

    ?????
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  2. #2
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,976
    Amen (Given)
    5252
    Amen (Received)
    22994
    You don't exist.

  3. #3
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,760
    Amen (Given)
    19284
    Amen (Received)
    3687
    That's because you've stepped into the Twilight Zone.

  4. #4
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    You don't exist.
    This is about me, isn't it?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

  5. #5
    tWebber Faber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sagittarius Arm
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,077
    Amen (Given)
    250
    Amen (Received)
    510
    You know how many Wayne Townships there are in Pennsylvania? One in Erie County, Schuylkill County, Clinton County, Greene County, Crawford County. Make sure it has the right county. Also, streets and roads often have multiple names. Check it out on Google Maps and see what name they have for your street.

    Also, postal addresses often ignore municipal lines. You could be in one township, but the postal address lists another town.

  6. #6
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,332
    Amen (Given)
    1181
    Amen (Received)
    20666
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    You know how many Wayne Townships there are in Pennsylvania? One in Erie County, Schuylkill County, Clinton County, Greene County, Crawford County. Make sure it has the right county. Also, streets and roads often have multiple names. Check it out on Google Maps and see what name they have for your street.

    Also, postal addresses often ignore municipal lines. You could be in one township, but the postal address lists another town.
    Try going anywhere in Atlanta without getting on at least one street with the name "Peachtree" in it. What makes it worse you might have the same street address as another person/business on the same road but the other end the difference will be, for example, 123 Peachtree Street NW and 123 Peachtree Street NE and when you get the address they didn't bother to mention whether it was NW or NE.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  7. #7
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,343
    Amen (Given)
    4705
    Amen (Received)
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    You know how many Wayne Townships there are in Pennsylvania? One in Erie County, Schuylkill County, Clinton County, Greene County, Crawford County. Make sure it has the right county. Also, streets and roads often have multiple names. Check it out on Google Maps and see what name they have for your street.

    Also, postal addresses often ignore municipal lines. You could be in one township, but the postal address lists another town.
    I've lived here 58 years, but it's been less than half that time that I've had an actual street address -- mandated so 911 services could locate people. It is listed on some records as "Smith Street," and on others as "Smith Avenue." I live in Wayne Township, but the phone number, postal address, and Zip code all go with neighboring Ellwood City.

    None of that mattered until yesterday. I was always able to ask, "What is the distance from... to..." or "Directions from... to..." and get good results.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  8. #8
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,976
    Amen (Given)
    5252
    Amen (Received)
    22994
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I've lived here 58 years, but it's been less than half that time that I've had an actual street address -- mandated so 911 services could locate people. It is listed on some records as "Smith Street," and on others as "Smith Avenue." I live in Wayne Township, but the phone number, postal address, and Zip code all go with neighboring Ellwood City.

    None of that mattered until yesterday. I was always able to ask, "What is the distance from... to..." or "Directions from... to..." and get good results.
    maybe you need to edit your google profile and tell it where your home address is.

  9. #9
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,332
    Amen (Given)
    1181
    Amen (Received)
    20666
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I've lived here 58 years, but it's been less than half that time that I've had an actual street address -- mandated so 911 services could locate people. It is listed on some records as "Smith Street," and on others as "Smith Avenue." I live in Wayne Township, but the phone number, postal address, and Zip code all go with neighboring Ellwood City.

    None of that mattered until yesterday. I was always able to ask, "What is the distance from... to..." or "Directions from... to..." and get good results.
    The last place I lived was called Robinson Rd. on one end and 2 miles later was Robertson Rd. on the other.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  10. #10
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,343
    Amen (Given)
    4705
    Amen (Received)
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    maybe you need to edit your google profile and tell it where your home address is.
    Ehh... I don't even know what a "Google profile" is.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •