I like potted meat quite a bit:

BE9BCF33-75C9-44FA-8582-1EA5D415DC6F.jpeg
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Had some Spam for dinner

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm already an adventurous eater (what gets me more is not usually what something is or where it came from, but its texture), but the "strangest" things I've eaten and genuinely liked were fried lambs testicles and escargot
        אָמַר לוֹ יֵשׁוּעַ: אֲנִי הַדֶּרֶךְ וְהָאֱמֶת וְהַחַיִּים. אֵין אִישׁ בָּא אֶל הָאָב אֶלָּא דַּרְכִּי
        "Yeshua said, 'I AM the Way — and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through me'" - Yochanan 14:6
        כֻּלָּ֨נוּ֙ כַּצֹּ֣אן תָּעִ֔ינוּ אִ֥ישׁ לְדַרְכֹּ֖ו פָּנִ֑ינוּ וַֽיהוָה֙ הִפְגִּ֣יעַ בֹּ֔ו אֵ֖ת עֲוֹ֥ן כֻּלָּֽנוּ
        "We all, like sheep, went astray; we turned, each one, to his own way; yet HASHEM laid on him the guilt of all of us" - Yesha'yahu 53:6

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          My chef son-in-law made me fish and chips with deep fried salmon instead of white fish.

It was absolutely delicious, but it is something that I would never have tried in a restaurant because it just seems weird. I'd order it now, though, if I ever saw it.
          He also once cooked us some ostrich meat, if I remember right. That was the most unusual thing I'd ever had, but it tasted quite good.
          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Ok guys, don't judge me. I was in China and I was at a table with Chinese guys pointing to this strange looking meat saying, "Try this, try this..."

It was dog.

And yes, it was the most delicious meat I've ever had. I wouldn't do it again, but I can say that I've had that experience.
            "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
            -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Y'hoshua View Post
              I'm already an adventurous eater (what gets me more is not usually what something is or where it came from, but its texture), but the "strangest" things I've eaten and genuinely liked were fried lambs testicles and escargot
              I have never eaten escargot, but I once came across a bunch of folks collecting something from the exposed rocks at low tide. It was some sort of sea snail which I had to try. I collected a couple cups worth, let them soak overnight to get of sand. I cooked them the next evening (steamed them I think - not sure). They were delicious.

The only other nail I have eaten is abalone. That is by far the finest sea food I have ever eaten, and in competition for the tasting best food ever. I used to be able to gather them along the California coast, no more. To buy them appears to be at a cost of $125 per pound. Too rich for my blood.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                vegemite
                Yep, in small doses.

I wanted to also try Marmite, but the jar arrived in smithereens.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I ate fried octopus tentacles once and they were not bad. A bit chewy, but good. Same as Calamari.
                  I've had Calamari I liked and Calamari I did not like. Not sure what made the difference.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    I've had Calamari I liked and Calamari I did not like. Not sure what made the difference.
                    The cook.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Yep, in small doses.

I wanted to also try Marmite, but the jar arrived in smithereens.
                      Marmite is a little bit sweeter and gooier (more like liquid caramel).
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                        Ok guys, don't judge me. I was in China and I was at a table with Chinese guys pointing to this strange looking meat saying, "Try this, try this..."

It was dog.

And yes, it was the most delicious meat I've ever had. I wouldn't do it again, but I can say that I've had that experience.
                        Apparently puppy stew was Meriwether Lewis' favorite food.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          My chef son-in-law made me fish and chips with deep fried salmon instead of white fish.

It was absolutely delicious, but it is something that I would never have tried in a restaurant because it just seems weird. I'd order it now, though, if I ever saw it.
                          Hmmmmm.... who woulda thought?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Hmmmmm.... who woulda thought?

Exactly!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment