Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Divides The Country More? Media Or Trump?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Who Divides The Country More? Media Or Trump?

And the prize goes to the media!

A majority of Americans in a new poll says President Trump has done more to divide the U.S. than unite it, but an even larger percentage blames the media for the country’s divisions

The Politico/Morning Consult poll released Thursday found that 56 percent of voters say Trump has done more to divide the U.S., while just 30 percent say he’s done more to unite it.

Almost two-thirds, 64 percent, of respondents, meanwhile, said the media has done more to divide the country, compared to 17 percent who said the media has done more to unite it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-for-divisions
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

2. Amen Faber, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    90% of US media is owned by 5 corporations.

Media omissions, distortion, inaccuracy and bias in the US is something acknowledged by many outside the USA, and is slowly realized more and more inside the US. However, those problems have made it very difficult for the average American citizen to obtain an open, objective view of many of the issues that involve the United States (and since the United States is so influential culturally, economically, politically and militarily around the world, they are naturally involved in many issues).

Those with power and influence know that media control or influence is crucial. A free press is crucial for a functioning democracy, but if not truly free, paves the way for manipulation and concentration of views, thus undermining democracy itself.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because I am not in the US I am in a good position to advise you where to find reliable media. MSNBC, NYTimes, Wash Post all seem pretty fair. Rachel Maddow is magnificent and without doubt your best asset for news and the savior of your democracy. Fox is a right wing propaganda machine and should be avoided. Trust me, I am your neutral and loyal friend.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

5. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Rachel Maddow is magnificent and without doubt your best asset for news and the savior of your democracy.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No problem tRump!
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Clearly the media. There is no doubt.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    The media are not all the same. What you seem to be saying is that you cannot recognize the truth when it is told to you or you prefer to listen to media lies.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    True, Faux News, Sinclair broadcasting, Rush Limbaugh, Breitbart etc spread lies and misinformation in order to fool the gullible and divide the nation far more than a single foolish man in the presidency ever could. He simply repeats the crazy he gets from them.

11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not the media, the president. Trump is one of the most divisive presidents ever. Looking objectively at his campaign rhetoric and conduct in office there can be no other conclusion. From the beginning of his term, Trump has pitched both his rhetoric and his policies to his base, not to the country as a whole. And this has resulted in division.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Not the media, the president. Trump is one of the most divisive presidents ever. Looking objectively at his campaign rhetoric and conduct in office there can be no other conclusion. From the beginning of his term, Trump has pitched both his rhetoric and his policies to his base, not to the country as a whole. And this has resulted in division.
    Everything you know about Trump is from the media, Tassman. Think about that.

14. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.