Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Migrants traveling to US sue Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The idea is that if Democrats import enough like-minded voters, the Democrat party will have a lock on political power until they reduce the country to ashes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Don't speak ill of desperate folks fleeing for their lives and trying to seek asylum in another country. And never, ever, bring up the fact that they were already offered the asylum they need when they crossed the border into Mexico but studiously ignored the offer and just kept heading north.
      I think that last part destroys any claims to asylum they might try at the border. Any true refugees would need to accept the first offer of asylum. Not go shopping for a new country.

Migrant caravan members reject offer to stay in Mexico
      Under the "You are at home" plan, they would have received benefits if they applied for refugee status and stayed in the country's two southernmost states.

ARRIAGA, Mexico — Several thousand Central American migrants turned down a Mexican offer of benefits if they applied for refugee status and stayed in the country's two southernmost states, vowing to set out before dawn Saturday to continue their long trek toward the U.S. border.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto announced what he called the "You are at home" plan, offering shelter, medical attention, schooling and jobs to Central Americans in Chiapas and Oaxaca states if they applied, calling it a first step toward permanent refugee status. Authorities said more than 1,700 had already applied for refugee status.

But after one of the caravan's longest days of walking and hanging from passing trucks, the bulk of the migrants were boisterous Friday evening in their refusal to accept anything less than safe passage to the U.S. border.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/m...mexico-n925171

Comment

Don't speak ill of desperate folks fleeing for their lives and trying to seek asylum in another country. And never, ever, bring up the fact that they were already offered the asylum they need when they crossed the border into Mexico but studiously ignored the offer and just kept heading north.
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think that last part destroys any claims to asylum they might try at the border. Any true refugees would need to accept the first offer of asylum. Not go shopping for a new country.
        Obviously you just hate brown people. No other possible explanation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Obviously you just hate brown people. No other possible explanation.
          I am jealous of their tans.

Comment

So that is what happened to all of those Hollywood liberals who promised to move to Canada.
            One of my co-workers said that if you want to move to Canada you either have to have a job lined up or be willing to put a million dollars in the bank. Not sure if that's true but I told him a better way was to speak with a Spanish accent and say Meester Trudeau invited me.

Comment

One of my co-workers said that if you want to move to Canada you either have to have a job lined up or be willing to put a million dollars in the bank. Not sure if that's true but I told him a better way was to speak with a Spanish accent and say Meester Trudeau invited me.

If you come through legally it's much harder to get work or housing or citizenship. If you come from Syria you are given status and housing and finances before you leave the airport.

If you cross illegally at the border you are assimilated into "willing" communities until you can be processed.

Take your pick.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                If you come through legally it's much harder to get work or housing or citizenship. If you come from Syria you are given status and housing and finances before you leave the airport.

If you cross illegally at the border you are assimilated into "willing" communities until you can be processed.

Take your pick.
                I will just end every sentence with "eh?" and tell them I was born in the Northern wilderness and raised by wolves so I don't have a passport but I identify as an Eskimo.

Comment

I will just end every sentence with "eh?" and tell them I was born in the Northern wilderness and raised by wolves so I don't have a passport but I identify as an Eskimo.
                  Not allowed to say "Eskimo".

Tell them you are Inuit instead and you should be good.

Please bring your own igloo and dog team.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Not allowed to say "Eskimo".

Tell them you are Inuit instead and you should be good.

Please bring your own igloo and dog team.
                    If I am an Eskimo I am allowed to call myself an Eskimo! And as I self-identify as one, I am covered.

My Igloo
                    igloo.jpg
                    Last edited by Sparko; 11-02-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

If I am an Eskimo I am allowed to call myself an Eskimo! And as I self-identify as one, I am covered.

My Igloo
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]32695[/ATTACH]
                      Are you at least 1/1024th Eskimo?

If not we will just call you Pie.

Comment

Certainly not a

klondike.jpg
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My company occasionally does work in Canada, and we have to jump through a lot of hoops to prove that we're not taking work away from more deserving Canadian citizens.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

My company occasionally does work in Canada, and we have to jump through a lot of hoops to prove that we're not taking work away from more deserving Canadian citizens.
                            That nasty nationalism at work. Who knew?

Comment

We (the gas compression company for whom I worked) had an opportunity to do business in California, but quickly learned that if we had ANY footprint in California, THEY controlled our HR legalities for ALL locations.

I think that's worse than Canada.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But I thought we could just self-identify as anything we wished? Male/Female/Black/White/Cat/Dog

Comment