Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump's economy make us ignore his lying, attacks on individuals and the press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Trump's economy make us ignore his lying, attacks on individuals and the press

Source: https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/the-nazis-and-the-german-economy/

The Nazis and the German Economy
    Citation: C N Trueman "The Nazis And The German Economy"
    historylearningsite.co.uk. The History Learning Site, 9 Mar 2015. 11 Oct 2018.
    Germany’s economy was in a mess when Hitler was elected Chancellor in January 1933. Hitler and Nazipropaganda had played on the population’s fear of no hope. Unemployment peaked at 6 million during the final days of the Weimar Republic – near enough 33% of the nation’s working population. Now Hitler decreed that all should work in Nazi Germany and he constantly played on the economic miracle Nazi Germany achieved.

This “economic miracle” was based on unemployment all but disappearing by 1939.

© Copyright Original Source

The simple answer is no, it should not. In fact, his mimicking of Hitlers attacks on the press, his close associations with nationalism, his approaches to immigration, his constant lying, and a clear dose of 20/20 hindsight should make us very, very cautious about excusing these things because 'some of what he does (e.g. improving unemployment) is good'.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

No.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      No.
      yes
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

We should commend his vigorous and relentless verbal pushback against the biased and dishonest media.

We should embrace his unabashed nationalism, in stark contrast to the obsequious and execrable globalism of his predecessors.

We should welcome his desire to establish and defend firm national borders and should encourage him to use any force necessary to repel invaders (i.e. any who try to enter by other than legal means).
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          We should commend his vigorous and relentless verbal pushback against the biased and dishonest media.

We should embrace his unabashed nationalism, in stark contrast to the obsequious and execrable globalism of his predecessors.

We should welcome his desire to establish and defend firm national borders and should encourage him to use any force necessary to repel invaders (i.e. any who try to enter by other than legal means).
          Sieg heil!

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-03-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Sieg heil!

00000000000000arb1.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]32731[/ATTACH]
              Reread the opening post rogue. This time for comprehension.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-03-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

No.
                My first reply was a bit vague. Thanks for agreeing that a good economy, especially given what happened in germany, should never be sufficient to cover for actions which violate the fundamental principles of freedom.

Jim

Comment

My first reply was a bit vague. Thanks for agreeing that a good economy, especially given what happened in germany, should never be sufficient to cover for actions which violate the fundamental principles of freedom.

Jim
                  That's not rocket science, Jim.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, but Trump's economy should make us ignore the lying attacks from individuals and the press.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Source: https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/the-nazis-and-the-german-economy/

The Nazis and the German Economy
                      Citation: C N Trueman "The Nazis And The German Economy"
                      historylearningsite.co.uk. The History Learning Site, 9 Mar 2015. 11 Oct 2018.
                      Germany’s economy was in a mess when Hitler was elected Chancellor in January 1933. Hitler and Nazipropaganda had played on the population’s fear of no hope. Unemployment peaked at 6 million during the final days of the Weimar Republic – near enough 33% of the nation’s working population. Now Hitler decreed that all should work in Nazi Germany and he constantly played on the economic miracle Nazi Germany achieved.

This “economic miracle” was based on unemployment all but disappearing by 1939.

© Copyright Original Source

The simple answer is no, it should not. In fact, his mimicking of Hitlers attacks on the press, his close associations with nationalism, his approaches to immigration, his constant lying, and a clear dose of 20/20 hindsight should make us very, very cautious about excusing these things because 'some of what he does (e.g. improving unemployment) is good'.

Jim
                      Should the press with-hold information damaging to its narrative and flat out lie itself?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That's not rocket science, Jim.
                        It would appear to be ... but, again, thanks.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-03-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Should the press with-hold information damaging to its narrative and flat out lie itself?
                          Of course not. Generally when that happens other members of the press, other press organizations, ferret it out and we become aware of it, and often the perpetrators get fired. This is how the free press should function, and as long as our leaders do not pursue the policies of Hitler and Stalin and others to undermine it, rally people against it, it can continue to function as it should and provide us a window into corruption or other elements that might try to steal our freedoms, or even our democracy, from us.

As I've said before, it is best for all of us to read and be familiar with the content of several different news outlets from a variety of perspectives. That is how we are best served by them.

Jim
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-03-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Of course not. Generally when that happens other members of the press, other press organizations, ferret it out and we become aware of it, and often the perpetrators get fired. This is how the free press should function, and as long as our leaders do not pursue the policies of Hitler and Stalin and others to undermine it, rally people against it, it can continue to function as it should and provide us a window into corruption or other elements that might try to steal our freedoms, or even our democracy, from us.

Jim
                            And yet we continue to see stories like the MSNBC where they intentionally with held information that was damaging to their narrative they wanted to sell and this isn’t a one time case. It’s rather frequent that we hear such examples.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              And yet we continue to see stories like the MSNBC where they intentionally with held information that was damaging to their narrative they wanted to sell and this isn’t a one time case. It’s rather frequent that we hear such examples.
                              And why do you know about that, assuming it's an accurate characterization of what has happened (I find most of those accusations fall flat, but sometimes it happens). But again - how do you find out about it?

Jim

Comment