Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump's economy make us ignore his lying, attacks on individuals and the press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Regarding the underlined section, if you REALLY think this is true, you have not been listening to the man. He regularly, consistently makes statements that are demonstrably untrue. Sometimes, they are simply stupidly untrue and easily checked. Making a verbal slip is excusable. Repeating the same error over and over and over in speech and interview after interview, after it has been widely publicly debunked, is lying - pure and simple.

If you truly think Trump does not lie, then I have to conclude that you are either extremely divorced from reality, or your are biased for Trump to an unbelievable degree.
    I do believe Trump lies - just like all the other ins. I was only pointing out that he is just one more liar in office.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      I do believe Trump lies - just like all the other ins. I was only pointing out that he is just one more liar in office.
      septic truck.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Donald Trump has gone way beyond the normal, or the excusable, or even the normal inexcusable. Trump is singled out because he is the extreme.

Jim
        While Trump's antics definitely single him out let's face it he could be a choirboy like a Mitt Romney and still be subject to an onslaught of vicious attacks but since he refuses to be a punching bag this infuriates his detractors even more and in their self righteous indignation begin to delude themselves into feeling that their behavior is not only justified but noble and honorable as well

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          While Trump's antics definitely single him out let's face it he could be a choirboy like a Mitt Romney and still be subject to an onslaught of vicious attacks
          But Trump is NOT a "choirboy like a Mitt Romney" is he, he's a narcissistic, opportunistic, compulsive liar. And he is not the subject of an onslaught of vicious attacks, he's the instigator of them.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You should get a sense of the proportions. Others may be lying now and then but it is unprecedented to see someone lying so frequently, obviously, without any shame and even after he has been corrected. Don't close your eyes.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              But Trump is NOT a "choirboy like a Mitt Romney" is he, he's a narcissistic, opportunistic, compulsive liar. And he is not the subject of an onslaught of vicious attacks, he's the instigator of them.
              I think he does it just to tweak your nose, Tass.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I think he does it just to tweak your nose, Tass.
                I think he does it because he believes his constituency to be ignorant lemmings who would stick with him even should he in broad daylight shoot someone down in the middle of 5th ave. After all, he said it himself. And we see that to be the case from many defenders of his right here on tweb.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  I think he does it because he believes his constituency to be ignorant lemmings who would stick with him even should he in broad daylight shoot someone down in the middle of 5th ave. After all, he said it himself. And we see that to be the case from many defenders of his right here on tweb.
                  And you're another whose nose he tweaks.

It's interesting that libs appear to be far more concerned with what Trump says than what he does.

Comment

And you're another whose nose he tweaks.

It's interesting that libs appear to be far more concerned with what Trump says than what he does.
                    Exactly, and you don't get it. Your nose, as you put it, should be tweaked as well. What is interesting is that, as a avid Trump supporter, you don't seem to be concerned about what Trump says or does. You're a good team player, a member in good standing of the undemocratic party.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Exactly, and you don't get it.
                      Yes, Jim, I actually do.

Your nose, as you put it, should be tweaked as well.
                      I have NUMEROUS times expressed my displeasure with what Trump says, including expressing my wishes that somebody would take his phone away, or hijack his Twitter account.

What is interesting is that, as a avid Trump supporter,
                      In the very same thread where you're whining about Trump's lies, you're doing the same thing, Mr Trump Lite.

you don't seem to be concerned about what Trump says or does.
                      There ya go again, Trump Jr.

You're a good team player, a member in good standing of the undemocratic party.
                      Actually, I'm a registered Independent -- how can you get SO MANY things wrong in such a short amount of time?

Comment

I have NUMEROUS times expressed my displeasure with what Trump says, including expressing my wishes that somebody would take his phone away, or hijack his Twitter account.
                        Yes, you have. But at times you are quite good at giving the impression that you are not really that concerned. Look at your replies to Tassman and JimL and consider what impression they would give.
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Yes, you have.

But at times you are quite good at giving the impression that you are not really that concerned.
                          There are plenty of others attacking Trump for his lies - I don't feel obligated to pile on. I have never defended his lies or his rhetoric.

Look at your replies to Tassman and JimL and consider what impression they would give.
                          Thank you, Nanny. Tassman and JimL post out of hate and disdain as anti-Christian bigots. You're in that crowd now?

Comment

And I got that from what you said. Carpe obviously did not read your post because he is so anti-Trump biased.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I believe it is problem saying that it is tRump who is responsible for the good economy gains in recent years to call it tRump's economy. It is very clear that the pattern of the economic growth, and decline in unemployment began well into Obama's administration coming out of a deep recession, and was going strong until the end. I give strong credit to the American economy, and neither administration can claim full credit.

The bottom line is by the evidence it is NOT tRump's economy.

I have no problem with being anti-tRump based on his behavior, tax evasion tactics, outrageous tax breaks for the rich, anti-environment, appealing to extreme right views and support for his election, and racist and ethnic denigrating attitude.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-04-2018, 09:57 AM.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                While Trump's antics definitely single him out let's face it he could be a choirboy like a Mitt Romney and still be subject to an onslaught of vicious attacks but since he refuses to be a punching bag this infuriates his detractors even more and in their self righteous indignation begin to delude themselves into feeling that their behavior is not only justified but noble and honorable as well
                                Honestly, I don't think that matters. This is how I see it. If the MSM was mad at Trump for pushing to increase border security in more normal terms, or if they were mad at him say for supporting the rights of the Cake guy in Colorado to refuse to make a gay wedding cake, and so on. Normal differences between liberal and conservative positions on these issues. And Trump was say a bit more forceful and obnoxious that your normal politician. THEN you could make a statement like that and it would have legitimate meaning.

But just being obnoxious, or refusing to use the language of political correctness is NOT what makes Trump the extreme. No, Trump is out there undermining our relationships with our NATO allies. He is using tactics used by Stalin, Hitler and others to create complete public mistrust of ANY push back against him by the press of his policies within his own supporters ranks. To the point he effectively has, with his supporters, completely license. At this point, even if Fox pushes back, or breitbart. His supporters will now say that is because not ALL reporters support trump. Do you not see the problem there? There is no outlet that can expose a problem with Trump amongst his supporters. He has effectively succeeded there.

He is abusing the power of the presidency to add to his wealth by refusing to divorce himself from clear conflicts of interest with the Saudi's or with his hotels catering to ambassadors and lobbiests in DC. He has tried to get the military involved in police actions on the border. He said he would order troops to fire on immigrants throwing rocks, rather than seek better solutions. He has pushed immigration policies that border on if not are inhumane. He lies constantly. Nothing he says can actually be trusted to reflect the truth, and yet his base has been so inoculated against the press that nothing he lies about is of any concern to them, and they lash against the press for pointing out when he is lying.

This is not normal. And ALL of us should be concerned. And it doesn't matter if the folks pointing out the problems are democrat, independent, progressive or republican because so many of these issues have such negative consequences to the success of our democracy, the success of separation of powers, that we conservatives can't be ignorantly choosing to side with Trump because the outlets for the news tend to stand with some things normally we would be against. The extremes that Trumps 'is' put all of us in danger. And unfortunately the voices in our own party have - because of what trump has been able to accomplish with his base - chosen not to fight him on these issues. They've chosen their own position in power over the good of the country.

The republicans are in a catch 22. If they push back against Trump, then someone that is more willing to blindly follow Trump will be elected. Which would be even worse that what we have - maybe. And that is why people like you, and Sparko, and OBP, and CP and so many others here. Intelligent conservative voters, need to stop with knee jerk hatred of the media and start looking at the elements of who Trump is that are truly dangers to what America is, What the Founding Fathers intended, who we are as a people, who we are as Christians.

And if Trump is not the danger I think he is, HE HAS PAVED THE WAY FOR A POLITICIAN THAT IS. I think Trump could take power in a way unprecedented in our republic if he continues unchallenged, if he wants to. And if he doesn't want to, anyone that does want to has in Trump a road map for that accomplishment, because he can see that given the right setup, the right amount of conflict and decisiveness, such a president can in fact count on the fact that good people that know better can be convinced to look the other way as he marches down that road.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2018, 12:55 PM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment