Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump's economy make us ignore his lying, attacks on individuals and the press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the dictionary what Bill says simply does not follow. And you could not answer my question. Wonder why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      From the dictionary what Bill says simply does not follow. And you could not answer my question. Wonder why.
      Congratulatoins Chuck! You have graduated from nannying to nitpicking!

Jim was comparing Trump's tactics with the press to Hitlers, implying he was using the same tactics for the same reasons. I am sure Jim is able to defend his own posts without you trying to save him via nitpicking what 1:1 means.

Comment

From the dictionary what Bill says simply does not follow. And you could not answer my question. Wonder why.
        Yeah it does, just pointless to explain it to a dunce like yourself.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Yeah it does, just pointless to explain it to a dunce like yourself.
          I will allow myself to conclude you cannot explain it after you have failed to do so numerous times. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Jim was comparing Trump's tactics with the press to Hitlers, implying he was using the same tactics for the same reasons. I am sure Jim is able to defend his own posts without you trying to save him via nitpicking what 1:1 means.
            He was comparing attacks, saying Trump mimiced Hitler. Nowhere did he make a 1:1 comparison of their tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

As I posted earlier - I have withdrawn from this thread due to the fact most of you on the attacking side are not capable of or are not interested in understanding the points being made. This exchange between you and charles a pretty good example. So you can beat up on me all you want, but I'm not participating, because there is no point. You do not listen, nor do you appear capable of understanding.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I will allow myself to conclude you cannot explain it after you have failed to do so numerous times. Feel free to prove me wrong.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  As I posted earlier - I have withdrawn from this thread due to the fact most of you on the attacking side are not capable of or are not interested in understanding the points being made. This exchange between you and charles a pretty good example. So you can beat up on me all you want, but I'm not participating, because there is no point. You do not listen, nor do you appear capable of understanding.

Jim
                  I agree completely and will leave too.

Comment

Jim
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He was comparing attacks, saying Trump mimiced Hitler. Nowhere did he make a 1:1 comparison of their tactics.
                      So where did you find the definition of 1:1 in the dictionary as you claimed? Can you provide a link to it?

Comment

Yep. But that is not a 1:1 comparison of their tactics which you explicitely claimed it was.
                        Story time... I used to love watching Johnathan Winters do his impersonations. His John Wayne was phenomenal. I remember on Carson, he did the John Wayne impersonation for Johnny and Johnny commented that he mimicked John "perfectly", basically meaning their voices were being compared 1 to 1 for accuracy. When you are comparing a mimic, you are comparing something to its target 1 to 1.

So you are still blaming him for statements you made up yourself.
                        No. He said Trump was "mimicking" Hitler's tactics, which is a 1 to 1 comparison whether you like it or not. Not my problem.

As you correctly note you can mimic an accents which is different from having the exact same strategy and doing the exact same thing.
                        Uh, no it isn't different. If you are mimicking an accent, you are trying to 1 to 1 sound like that accent.

And I am sure you are able to see similarities between "Lugenpresse" and "fake news" without concluding everything else is similar.
                        I've already said the terms were similar strictly from a nomenclature standpoint. Jim in no way indicated that nomenclature was the extent of the similarities. He said "tactics"

But it appers you prefer the straw man.
                        No, Jim is tap dancing like Fred Astaire, and you are trying to be a backstage Ginger Rogers.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• If Jim's point was that Trump was NOT using the same tactics as Hitler, then this whole thread was a waste of time, Chuck. Your defense of Jim pretty much is saying exactly that. That he didn't mean that Trump was using the same tactics as Hitler.

Comment

Jim
                            You trying to overdose us on irony?

Comment