Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Sessions Gone

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Carp, your post came off as you claiming to be better than everyone else with a splash of false humility (I am not perfect but I try) thrown in to sell it. The smugness was palpable.
    Sorry, Sparko - I felt no smugness - I felt no superiority. I feel neither now. You are reading into my posts what is not there. However, I am reasonably sure that will not be believed, so ...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Sorry, Sparko - I felt no smugness - I felt no superiority. I feel neither now. You are reading into my posts what is not there. However, I am reasonably sure that will not be believed, so ...
    Just calling it like I saw it.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just calling it like I saw it.
    As I say to my wife and children, "what you see is not necessarily the truth, especially when you are making assumptions about the motivations of other people."

You "perception" is coming from you - not me. Do with that what you wish.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

4. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I say to my wife and children, "what you see is not necessarily the truth, especially when you are making assumptions about the motivations of other people."

Maybe the problem is with the way you present yourself? I don't think I am the only one who saw it the way I did.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My perception is that you have too many instances of "you" in that post.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am sure the Pharisee prefaced his prayer with "Lord you know I am not perfect but.."
    You guys are way out of line. When Jesus spoke about the pharisee in that verse, it was not meant to be a weapon to use against other people when or if they dare to promote common decency or basic morality. It was not meant as a means to deflect or cover up our own sins. It was a caution to ourselves not to be self-righteous. The way you have used it against Carpe is shameful. He was not flaunting himself as a paragon of virtue. He was just holding up a better standard than the mud-slinging that defines these conversations, and he does not deserve the sort if self-righteous attack you've hurled at him. And yes, self-righteous. As in, how dare someone else tell us what we are doing is or could be wrong. As in how dare someone imply there could be something wrong with our behavior.

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

8. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You have to learn to accept the detection of your attitude as sensed by other people. Your own blind spots so readily missed. You are missing the chance to correct your behavior.

At least this is the message you gave in another thread.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You guys are way out of line. When Jesus spoke about the pharisee in that verse, it was not meant to be a weapon to use against other people when or if they dare to promote common decency or basic morality. It was not meant as a means to deflect or cover up our own sins. It was a caution to ourselves not to be self-righteous. The way you have used it against Carpe is shameful. He was not flaunting himself as a paragon of virtue. He was just holding up a better standard than the mud-slinging that defines these conversations, and he does not deserve the sort if self-righteous attack you've hurled at him. And yes, self-righteous. As in, how dare someone else tell us what we are doing is or could be wrong. As in how dare someone imply there could be something wrong with our behavior.

Jim
    I can't speak for the others here, but you've managed to wholly miss my intent. Speaking of mud-slinging, the irony here is palpable.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

11. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe the problem is with the way you present yourself? I don't think I am the only one who saw it the way I did.
    I'm sure you aren't. Indeed, pretty much everyone who engages exactly as I was challenging objected to my posts and their message.

CP was the sole exception.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My perception is that you have too many instances of "you" in that post.
    By one... shoot me...

-Martin Luther King