Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sessions Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If Sessions had a spine and didn't let Dirty Cop Mueller's (possibly illegal since no crime was specified in his mandate) witch-hunt spin out of control then chances are, he would still have a job. Instead of rooting out corruption in the three letter departments, it seems Sessions did his part to cover it up. Some have speculated that he was the infamous "insurance policy" discussed in the Stzork/Page text messages, but there is, of course, no way to prove that without one of them outright admitting it.

One thing people keep underestimating is how much leverage Trump actually has. Next steps I would like to see are Rosenstein's proverbial head on the platter, and then a release of the unredacted documents exposing the corruption in our national justice and law enforcement departments.
    The antipathy and undermining of this man always amazes me. Mueller has a history of being a straight-shooter who cannot be bought or influenced. He served in our country's armed forces with distinction, and has several times spoken truth to power. Until this investigation, his reputation was lauded by both sides of the aisle. Then suddenly, when he gets tapped for this investigation, he becomes "Dirty Cop Mueller" and most on the right cannot say anything positive about him. All of that despite his almost iron-clad grip on leaks from his investigation, his insistence on dismissing anyone in the investigation with any taint of scandal, and his already-solid record of indictments resulting from the investigation.

If that is not evidence of an unhinged level of bias, I don't know what is. As so many said about Ms. Clinton, "if there's nothing to hide, why is everyone making such a fuss?" After all - if there's nothing to hide - that's what Mueller's investigation will show, the Trump campaign will be cleared, and they will enter into the 2020 cycle with a significant boost. Mueller's investigative track record is solid, and his leadership at the FBI was exemplary.

Unless, of course, there actually IS something to hide....?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

... Next steps I would like to see are Rosenstein's proverbial head on the platter...
      This, I think, would be a much easier case to make.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        The antipathy and undermining of this man always amazes me. Mueller has a history of being a straight-shooter who cannot be bought or influenced. He served in our country's armed forces with distinction, and has several times spoken truth to power. Until this investigation, his reputation was lauded by both sides of the aisle. Then suddenly, when he gets tapped for this investigation, he becomes "Dirty Cop Mueller" and most on the right cannot say anything positive about him.
        Since Vereran's Day is coming up, pick me!!!

He served with distinction as a Marine Rifle Platoon Leader in Vietnam, having been awarded the Bronze Star with a Combat V, a Purple Heart, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with Combat V and Gold Star, a Combat Action Ribbon, the Navy's Meritorious Unit Commendation, the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal with 4 Bronze Campaign Stars, the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Bronze Star, Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Medal, the Vietnam Campaign Medal, and was qualified as Marksman for Rifle and Expert Marksman for pistol.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Since Vereran's Day is coming up, pick me!!!

He served with distinction as a Marine Rifle Platoon Leader in Vietnam, having been awarded the Bronze Star with a Combat V, a Purple Heart, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with Combat V and Gold Star, a Combat Action Ribbon, the Navy's Meritorious Unit Commendation, the National Defense Service Medal, the Vietnam Service Medal with 4 Bronze Campaign Stars, the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Bronze Star, Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Medal, the Vietnam Campaign Medal, and was qualified as Marksman for Rifle and Expert Marksman for pistol.
          Spot on...

...except...

Vereran's day?
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Any case at all is easy for Trump to make when it comes to his mindless supporters.

Comment

Spot on...

...except...

Vereran's day?
              I had to do that because, in one of your recent posts, you referred to "political adds".

... and ALL political adds should require the politician...

Comment

If Sessions had a spine and didn't let Dirty Cop Mueller's (possibly illegal since no crime was specified in his mandate) witch-hunt spin out of control then chances are, he would still have a job. Instead of rooting out corruption in the three letter departments, it seems Sessions did his part to cover it up. Some have speculated that he was the infamous "insurance policy" discussed in the Stzork/Page text messages, but there is, of course, no way to prove that without one of them outright admitting it.

One thing people keep underestimating is how much leverage Trump actually has. Next steps I would like to see are Rosenstein's proverbial head on the platter, and then a release of the unredacted documents exposing the corruption in our national justice and law enforcement departments.
                Right. Trump's rhetoric certainly has been successful in convincing you our national Justice and Law enforcement departments are corrupt.

MM, I wonder just how far you are willing to go in your support of Trump. Any limits?

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I had to do that because, in one of your recent posts, you referred to "political adds".
                  That was a perfectly legitimate use of the word. The sentence was short for , "ALL additions to political messages should require the politician...

Comment

Mueller has a history of being a straight-shooter...
                    Nope. He has a checkered career, to put it charitably.

Source: The 8 dirtiest scandals of Robert Mueller no one is talking about

It was attorney Jeffrey Marty, who at American Lookout.com, compiled a long list of scandals casting shadows over Mueller. The following are a few of the better-known:

• Some $12 billion in $100 bills was dispatched to the Iraq war theater, and vanished.
                    • The IRS deliberately targeted Christian and conservative organizations to cause them trouble.
                    • Fast and Furious saw the government traffic guns into the hands of Mexican cartel criminals.
                    • The Department of Justice spied on AP reporters.
                    • Bill Clinton and the Clinton Foundation got millions for speeches while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.
                    • Hillary Clinton dealt to Russia control of 20 percent of the uranium capacity inside the U.S.
                    • Of course, there was Hillary Clinton’s private email server, and all the government records, including classified, that ended up there.
                    • The HSBC money-laundering scandal.

Marty pointed out that, despite his history, Mueller was sold, when handed the job, as “ramrod straight” and “utterly incorruptible.”

“What stands out most during then-FBI Director Mueller’s term in office is the two-tiered system of justice, when obvious crimes and scandals involving government officials and private-sector elites were ignored or even covered up by the FBI. What Mueller failed to do to protect our country says more than anything he did. His level of aggressiveness in investigating our president is the exact inverse of how he acted when he was tasked with protecting America.”

[URL="https://www.wnd.com/2017/08/the-8-dirtiest-scandals-of-robert-mueller-no-one-is-talking-about/"[/URL]

© Copyright Original Source

Then, of course, there are Mueller's questionable ties to a Russian oligarch...

Source: Mueller may have a conflict — and it leads directly to a Russian oligarch

In 2009, when Mueller ran the FBI, the bureau asked Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska to spend millions of his own dollars funding an FBI-supervised operation to rescue a retired FBI agent, Robert Levinson, captured in Iran while working for the CIA in 2007.

Yes, that’s the same Deripaska who has surfaced in Mueller’s current investigation and who was recently sanctioned by the Trump administration.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ssian-oligarch

© Copyright Original Source

Not to mention some of the shady stuff that has happened during the current investigation itself, such as Mueller intentionally withholding exculpatory evidence in order to coerce cooperation from witnesses, or filing indictments against "Russian trolls" for which he is unprepared to release the evidence.

Funny how such a "ramrod straight" guy does so much stuff that can only be described as sketchy.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                      Right. Trump's rhetoric certainly has been successful in convincing you our national Justice and Law enforcement departments are corrupt.
                      It has nothing to do with Trump's "rhetoric". I've been keeping tabs on other lines of evidence.

Comment

The latest "Stealth Sessions" conspiracy theory from some circles is that Sessions recused himself two-years ago and is resigning now so that he can serve as an unfettered witness against the "deep state" since he would then be free to expose all the dirty secrets that he was able to collect but was unable to reveal as AG.

No, I don't buy it, either, but it is amusing to see how far some people are willing to go with the "Trust the plan!" narrative.

Comment

I kind of like Sessions. A bit wishy-washy, but an honest man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I kind of like Sessions. A bit wishy-washy, but an honest man.
                            Which, I think, is why he didn't fit in DC.

Comment

Which, I think, is why he didn't fit in DC.
                              I think he had too many friends in high places and was too intent on playing the "gentleman politician" to be an effective AG. We need someone who is not only not afraid to step on toes but is willing to wear sharpened cleats while he does it.

Comment

If Trump wanted Rosenstein gone, he'd be gone already, I think - unless his presence was only useful until the mid-terms. I don't think the timing of Sessions' dismissal was a coincidence.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment