Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't think he assaulted her or even "put his hands on her" - He was just determined to keep the microphone and shoved her hand away when she reached for it. It seemed to be a reflex reaction.

That said, he was being rude and obnoxious to the President and to the intern and Trump had every right to kick him out and take away his press pass.
    "Reflex" or not...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wonder if there's any word on whether she herself considered it "inappropriate touching?"
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I don't think he assaulted her or even "put his hands on her" - He was just determined to keep the microphone and shoved her hand away when she reached for it. It seemed to be a reflex reaction.

That said, he was being rude and obnoxious to the President and to the intern and Trump had every right to kick him out and take away his press pass.
        thank you. Talk about over the top.

Yep - I think he was being obnoxious. More obnoxious than any other reporter? Doing something that isn't done fairly regularly in an attempt to get a story? So out of line relative to the normal actions of reporters he deserved to have his pass removed?

I know the peanut gallery will defend that till the day they die. I do not agree!

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-08-2018, 01:35 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          If being rude and obnoxious is reason enough to kick someone out of the White House...
          Maybe Acosta should try to get elected.

I still find it amusing how those who wring their hands in anguish over Trump's rude behavior turn around and applaud a naked display of such boorishness.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            It was a defensive move rogue. Not assault.

Jim
            [*Snort*]

The sad thing is that I'm sure you believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              If being rude and obnoxious is reason enough to kick someone out of the White House...
              lol. good one.

But in the press pool, yeah. It is a privilege to be allowed in. There are only so many seats available in the pool and journalists jockey to get assigned to the pool. Their main job is to report what the White House releases in press conferences and ask followup questions, not to cause a scene or start a fight with the President and refuse to sit down when told to.

Comment

thank you. Talk about over the top.

Yep - I think he was being obnoxious. More obnoxious than any other reporter. Doing something that isn't done fairly regularly in an attempt to get a story. So out of line relative to the normal actions of reporters he deserved to have his pass removed?

I know the peanut gallery will defend that till the day they die. I do not agree!

Jim
                The White House is the ultimate decision on who is allowed in the press pool in the first place and they have the right to take away that permission at any time. CNN can put in another reporter in his place. I don't think this is the first time Trump has had a problem with Accosta either is it?

Comment

Can we all admit to at least a little bit of ironic humor in Trump saying "You are a rude, terrible person."...?
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Can we all admit to at least a little bit of ironic humor in Trump saying "You are a rude, terrible person."...?
                    A case of it takes one to know one.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I still find it amusing how those who wring their hands in anguish over Trump's rude behavior turn around and applaud a naked display of such boorishness.
                      Not applauding his boorishness rogue.

(1) Pointing out Sanders lied about WHY his pass was pulled.
                      (2) Pointing out that his press pass was pulled when it should not have been.

--- in the interest of fairness to rogue, these next two questions and comment apply a good deal more to other participants than to him ----

1) Are you mentally capable of parsing the difference?
                      2) Do you have enough integrity to be honest in the discussion as regards the difference?

We don't have to agree you know. But it really would be nice on occasion to discuss the actual issues raised and not some strawman distortion of the OP.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The White House is the ultimate decision on who is allowed in the press pool in the first place and they have the right to take away that permission at any time. CNN can put in another reporter in his place. I don't think this is the first time Trump has had a problem with Accosta either is it?
                        It is part and parcel with Trumps continued onslaught against the press. He wants to be able to avoid difficult questions, to act with impunity, to act without the press getting in his way.

Our republic, our society, our freedoms require that he be asked difficult questions, that he not act with impunity, and that the press get in his way ,even 'in his face' (metaphorically) if need be.

Jim

Comment

It is part and parcel with Trumps continued onslaught against the press. He wants to be able to avoid difficult questions, to act with impunity, to act without the press getting in his way.

Our republic, our society, our freedoms require that he be asked difficult questions, that he not act with impunity, and that the press get in his way ,even 'in his face' (metaphorically) if need be.

Jim
                          Every president fights with the press or some segment of it. Trump is no different. Except where Obama was only hounded by Fox until he kicked them out, Trump is hounded by everyone BUT Fox. Your problem is that you invest too much sinister plotting into Trump's action. Trump is a pretty simple guy. He is a New Yorker who is used to being rude and crude and saying exactly what is on his mind and not backing down. If he perceives someone as attacking him, he attacks right back. It isn't some nefarious plot to become world dictator or control the press.

Comment

Jim
                            Trump answered the question, Jim. And then Acosta tried to ask another one when it was time to move on to another reporter.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Kinda like when certain Tweb posters kick up their jackassery a notch while complaining what a jackass Trump is.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Kinda like when certain Tweb posters kick up their jackassery a notch while complaining what a jackass Trump is.
                                I think what liberals don't understand about Trump is that he can't be shamed or pushed around. He just fights back harder.

They are used to people in power backing down and apologizing when they are accused of something offensive. Like Megyn Kelly did, or John Schnatter of Papa John's did, or any other celebrity when called on saying something wrong. They are accused of being racist or sexist and they apologize publicly and back down. Even when they are innocent. Not Trump. He will punch back, double down and spit on them. And they don't know how to handle that. But it's easy: don't poke the bear.

Comment