Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Like I said, better reporting, which would naturally include an unbiased assessment of the Trump administration and not simply one negative hit-piece after another.

It seems like you actually agree with me but are desperately trying to give the appearance that you disagree.
    What he points to is better reporting about what Trump is doing. I am of the opinion that factual unbiased reporting on Trump will show his true colours. So we may disagree a bit about what Woodwards point was and we probably disagree a lot on what the facts actually show.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Chuck, your weaseling is noted.

And there were no missing frames. Just one that was duplicated twice. Several of the news sources were claiming that the infowars guy deleted a frame or two to make it look like Acosta's hand moved faster than it did. But that was not the case at all. There were no missing frames. Just a duplicated one. And as I mentioned in my analysis, I found the original C-span video and it had the same frame rate as the infowars one. The copy I previously downloaded from youtube was at 24 fps which is why I theorized the frame rate conversion could have caused glitches. To try to be as accurate as possible, I went and found the original source. And I admitted that in my analysis.

I have been doing video editing professionally for over 15 years now. You questioning my expertise is as bad as your questioning my integrity. Not that you have any expertise on the technology at all.

So weasel away Chuck. You have shown your true colors once again.
      Relax, Sparko. I have never claimed you were dishonest and your attempt to make the fact that you were factually wrong quite many times a personal thing or something I should excuse for is a little strange. You straight away claimed the two videos showed exactly the same and that the comparison video was the doctored one. Then you went on to call yourself an expert and to claim I knew nothing at all. And when it turns out you were wrong and I provided a source showing what was right you now go for these personal attacks against me. I am left wondering why.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
        What he points to is better reporting about what Trump is doing.
        Like I said, better reporting, would naturally include an unbiased assessment of the Trump administration and not simply one negative hit-piece after another.

It seems like you actually agree with me but are desperately trying to give the appearance that you disagree.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Like I said, better reporting, would naturally include an unbiased assessment of the Trump administration and not simply one negative hit-piece after another.

To me it rathers seems we agree on some things and disagree on others and that you are trying to cover the details up by desperately repeating yourself.

Comment

• Just to show how really pissy CNN is being - they're actually including the secret service member in the law suit, because it was his job to relieve Acosta of his press credentials.

CNN needs to be spanked.

CNN sues Secret Service agent who took Jim Acosta's press pass

CNN included a Secret Service agent as part of its lawsuit against the White House over the suspension of correspondent Jim Acosta's press credentials.

The agent is only identified as "John Doe" in the official lawsuit, which also names White House officials Sarah Sanders, John Kelly, and Bill Shine, as well as President Trump himself.

The lawsuit, announced Tuesday, names the agent as a defendant for blocking Acosta's access to the White House grounds.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
              To me it rathers seems we agree on some things and disagree on others and that you are trying to cover the details up by desperately repeating yourself.
              Like I said, it seems like you actually agree with me but are desperately trying to give the appearance that you disagree.

Comment

Like I said, it seems like you actually agree with me but are desperately trying to give the appearance that you disagree.

MM, are you possibly thinking Charles is actually agreeing with you but desperately trying to give the appearance that he disagrees?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Just to show how really pissy CNN is being - they're actually including the secret service member in the law suit, because it was his job to relieve Acosta of his press credentials.

CNN needs to be spanked.

CNN sues Secret Service agent who took Jim Acosta's press pass

CNN included a Secret Service agent as part of its lawsuit against the White House over the suspension of correspondent Jim Acosta's press credentials.

The agent is only identified as "John Doe" in the official lawsuit, which also names White House officials Sarah Sanders, John Kelly, and Bill Shine, as well as President Trump himself.

The lawsuit, announced Tuesday, names the agent as a defendant for blocking Acosta's access to the White House grounds.
                  And with that the last few grains of respectability were washed away.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Here is something unexpected:

Fox News, other outlets back CNN’s lawsuit against Trump administration

Fox News joined a number of media outlets on Wednesday in announcing that they would back rival CNN’s lawsuit against the Trump administration.

Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement that the network intends to file an amicus brief with a U.S. District Court in the lawsuit.

CNN filed suit against the White House on Tuesday seeking the return of correspondent Jim Acosta’s press credentials, which were revoked last week after a testy exchange with President Trump during a press conference.

“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized," Wallace said.
                    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...kVDXmuvUGqz9UY

I am thinking this is just a courtesy to repay the other networks that stood up for Fox when Obama tried to exclude them from the White House.

Comment

Here is something unexpected:

Fox News joined a number of media outlets on Wednesday in announcing that they would back rival CNN’s lawsuit against the Trump administration.

Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement that the network intends to file an amicus brief with a U.S. District Court in the lawsuit.

CNN filed suit against the White House on Tuesday seeking the return of correspondent Jim Acosta’s press credentials, which were revoked last week after a testy exchange with President Trump during a press conference.

“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized," Wallace said.

I am thinking this is just a courtesy to repay the other networks that stood up for Fox when Obama tried to exclude them from the White House.
                      Yup.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        MM, are you possibly thinking Charles is actually agreeing with you but desperately trying to give the appearance that he disagrees?
                        Whatever gave you that idea?

Comment

Here is something unexpected:

I don't find that surprising at all. FOX was mildly anti-Trump during the presidential campaign and has swung ardently anti-Trump since the Murdoch kids took over the network after the ouster of their father.

Regardless, the lawsuit remains without merit since Acosta does not have a right to White House press credentials; and besides, CNN can send any other reporter who still has their credentials, so the network itself isn't being denied access, just the pompous pseudo-journalist who always tries to make the story about himself.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-14-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I don't find that surprising at all. FOX was mildly anti-Trump during the presidential campaign and has swung ardently anti-Trump since the Murdoch kids took over the network after the ouster of their father.

Fox ardently anti-Trump?

What have you been smoking, MM? Did you get into JimL's stash? And didn't share?

Comment

Fox ardently anti-Trump?

What have you been smoking, MM? Did you get into JimL's stash? And didn't share?
                              I suppose "ardently" is the wrong word. Perhaps "pointedly" or "increasingly" would have been better.

Comment

Whatever gave you that idea?
                                It's called reading comprehension.

Comment