Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Do any of you remember when Lewandowski was charged with battery for merely grabbing the arm of a reporter in order to move her out of the way? The liberals couldn't shut up about it.

Jim Acosta even reported on it himself at the time:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/0...acosta-dnt.cnn
    And that was just as STUPID then as it is now. So Sparko - you will now defend STUPID because it is 'your guy' in the white house?

Do you guys have a CLUE what integrity actually means? Here's a clue. It means that if you think something is wrong, it doesn't matter if it is your friend or your enemy that is doing it, it is STILL wrong.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      If you call what he did 'using physical force against a women' then I would have to ask just how many mattresses does it take for you to get a good nights sleep pix? That whole line is just ridiculous, from Sanders 'inappropriate touching' down to the discussion here. It there no depth to which you will not stoop to support 'your guy in the white house'?

Jim
      I’m just using liberal standards against them. Funny how those rules are only for those they dislike and not for themselves.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And that was just as STUPID then as it is now. So Sparko - you will now defend STUPID because it is 'your guy' in the white house?
        Oh I agree it was dumb. That doesn't change the fact that Acosta and every other liberal reporter jumped on this like a dog with a bone and called it intentional and assault and made a huge deal out of it. Yet now they are playing off a similar incident as a nothing burger.

Do you guys have a CLUE what integrity actually means? Here's a clue. It means that if you think something is wrong, it doesn't matter if it is your friend or your enemy that is doing it, it is STILL wrong.

Jim
        How about THEY have some integrity for once? I freely admit both incidents were nothing and even said so at the time of each. I have nothing to apologize for. My view hasn't changed. But if Acosta and the others were so gung-ho to condemn Lewandowsky then they should have the integrity to admit Acosta did something similar. Or apologize for their treatment of Lewandowski.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
          If you call what he did 'using physical force against a women'...
          Did you watch the video? You can't deny what he did. It was captured on camera for everyone to see. No need to guess or rely on third-hand reports. You only have to trust your own eyes. For your convenience:

Go to the 1 minute 29 second mark.

Tell me, if that was your wife or daughter being treated in that manner, would you really be so ho-hum about it?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Did you watch the video? You can't deny what he did. It was captured on camera for everyone to see. No need to guess or rely on third-hand reports. You only have to trust your own eyes. For your convenience:

Go to the 1 minute 29 second mark.

Tell me, if that was your wife or daughter being treated in that manner, would you really be so ho-hum about it?
            Are you out of your ever living mind?

He did nothing but hold onto the mike and simply positioned his hand against her arm as she tried to take the mike. There was no 'force' involved.

This does tell me a lot about those of you claiming Acosta 'assaulted' this young lady, and your actual capacity to be reasonable when it comes to these debates. Thanks for the clarification.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Are you out of your ever living mind?

He did nothing but hold onto the mike and simply positioned his hand against her arm as she tried to take the mike. There was no 'force' involved.

This does tell me a lot about those of you claiming Acosta 'assaulted' this young lady, and your actually capacity to be reasonable when it comes to these debates. Thanks for the clarification.

Jim
              Would you be so dismissive if it was a Fox News reporter that did the same?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I've watched the video a couple times: I think calling what Acosta did "assault" is overblown, as what he did just looks like a reflex reaction to hold on to the mic. Whether what he did could technically be called "assault" I don't know, but I wouldn't have considered it that.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  I’m just using liberal standards against them. Funny how those rules are only for those they dislike and not for themselves.
                  What you are being is ridiculous. There was no force involved.

Where we agree:

Acosta was rude, and probably pushing the edge on what can be tolerated in terms of being aggressive when trying to get an answer to a question.

Where we disagree:

Saunders lied about why Acosta's press pass was removed. There was nothing 'inappropriate' per the way that terms is used these days about how Acosta 'touched' the intern. There was no force involved. There was nothing sexual about it. They actual reason they pulled the pass because Acosta was rude and asking questions the President didn't want to answer. Why they couldn't just say that, I'll never know, but nevertheless is was a lie.

It was inappropriate to pull his pass. It is an escalation of Trumps war on the press. An appropriate action would be a rebuke and a warning that such behavior can't be tolerated, and perhaps an official policy that if a reporter is holding a mike and has been told their time is done, they must relinquish it or face censure. And that policy must then be strictly enforced. Nothing at all wrong with rules of order that are enforced. Problem is, there are not many rules that are enforced, and Acosta's behavior was only marginally outside what is 'normal' for those events - as evidenced by the large number of reporters defending him from the President's actions.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Would you be so dismissive if it was a Fox News reporter that did the same?
                    Absolutely! Unlike the rest of you, my standard of what is right or wrong, good or bad, over the top or normal does not change if the person involved is republican, democrat, independent, liberal, conservative etc.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Oh I agree it was dumb. That doesn't change the fact that Acosta and every other liberal reporter jumped on this like a dog with a bone and called it intentional and assault and made a huge deal out of it. Yet now they are playing off a similar incident as a nothing burger.
                      I'm glad you agree.

How about THEY have some integrity for once? I freely admit both incidents were nothing and even said so at the time of each. I have nothing to apologize for. My view hasn't changed. But if Acosta and the others were so gung-ho to condemn Lewandowsky then they should have the integrity to admit Acosta did something similar. Or apologize for their treatment of Lewandowski.

Have you noticed that I do not answer mountain man by changing his moniker into an insult?

There is your answer.

Jim

Comment

I'm glad you agree.

Have you noticed that I do not answer mountain man by changing his moniker into an insult?

There is your answer.

Jim
                        How does that answer why the MSM has no integrity in this matter? As well as Trump either. The MSM jumped on Lewandowski and dismisses Acosta's action. Trump did the exact opposite. He dismissed Lewandowski's action and jumped on Acosta. Neither side has integrity here, Jim. They are both completely partisan.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                          You can spin this however you want, Jim, but the it was clearly captured on camera for everyone to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            I've watched the video a couple times: I think calling what Acosta did "assault" is overblown, as what he did just looks like a reflex reaction to hold on to the mic. Whether what he did could technically be called "assault" I don't know, but I wouldn't have considered it that.
                            I never called it assault, but he certainly wasn't gentle. You can actually see her body jolt when he blocks her arm. Again, this isn't something we have to try and guess or figure out from third-hand reports or tease out from grainy, choppy security camera footage. It was captured in clear, HD video in full view of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              Even if I try to see physical aggression on Acosta's part, it's not there. Just him being his usual pain-in-the-butt.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This from Wesley Pruden....

Doesn't anybody here respect us journalists?

The snowflake disease is catching. Donald Trump, of all people, tried to teach a couple of White House reporters a little needed manners this week and you might have thought he had repealed the First Amendment with an executive order.

Several of the snowflakes, who make their living by posing embarrassing when not rude questions to nearly everyone they talk to in pursuit of a day’s work, took to the fainting couches in the White House press lounge after the president returned shot for shell.

These pompous [donkeys] aren't used to being stood up to!
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment