Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judg...ress-pass.html
    So mom stepped in and told her boys "hug it out".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass

It will be interesting to see if this goes to SCOTUS, where the question of separation of powers could arise. Can the judicial actually tell the executive how to run its administration?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It will be interesting to see if this goes to SCOTUS, where the question of separation of powers could arise. Can the judicial actually tell the executive how to run its administration?
        This is only temporary, the judge hasn't actually ruled on the merits of the case. He is a Trump appointee.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is only temporary, the judge hasn't actually ruled on the merits of the case. He is a Trump appointee.
            Yeah, I just saw that everybody's supposed to get their arguments in.

Comment

• Do you think that Trump or anyone will ever call on him again?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

This is just a temporary reinstatement.

Apparently the thing that Trump should have done is to issue a written notice before revoking the pass.
                ==========
                The CNN lawsuit argues the act of revoking access to a member of the press on the basis of reporting violates the First and Fifth Amendments. An appeals court ruled in 1977 on a 1966 denial for White House press accreditation that the White House would need to provide the reporter notice and a written decision, as well as opportunity to rebut the statement.
                http://fortune.com/2018/09/21/donald...s-news-update/

so I think this would just mean that Trump will just do that and the result will be the same.

There is still no information about whether the lawsuit itself will ever get off the ground. And I don't see how it violates the first amendment. Trump isn't stopping Acosta from writing anything he wants. So basically the issue is the 5th Amendment, due process. Where the notice comes in.

Comment

Do you think that Trump or anyone will ever call on him again?
                  And that's the other thing: If revoking his privilege to attend White House press conferences is a violation of his Constitutional rights, then couldn't one say the same about not allowing him to ask questions? Where does this end?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Are you kidding? Trump shrink from a chance to fight with Acosta on national television? Are you NEW HERE?

Comment

Are you kidding? Trump shrink from a chance to fight with Acosta on national television? Are you NEW HERE?
                      Of course he'll call on him again. Especially if they put rules in place he thinks he can goad Acosta into violating. Then he says you violated rule x which has as its penalty removal of your pass.

Acosta will have to walk a tightrope to avoid further punative action, unless CNN wins the suit.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Considering how so many actions by the Trump Administration list have been blocked by a lower court judge[1] only to be summarily reversed...

1. The whole mess over the travel ban immediately springs to mind for instance.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There is a conspiracy theory being pushed that Trump deliberately picked and provoked Acosta in order to distract attention away from news about the election. You know, the same one where the much vaunted "blue wave" turned out to be barely a ripple falling well within the expectations of the typical results for a mid-term election

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            There is a conspiracy theory being pushed that Trump deliberately picked and provoked Acosta in order to distract attention away from news about the election. You know, the same one where the much vaunted "blue wave" turned out to be barely a ripple falling well within the expectations of the typical results for a mid-term election
                            JimL has abundantly shown that the Democrats have talked themselves into believing it was a blue wave after all.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              JimL has abundantly shown that the Democrats have talked themselves into believing it was a blue wave after all.
                              Well, many do believe that Hillary actually won so that more than suggests a high level of gullibility

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Well, many do believe that Hillary actually won so that more than suggests a high level of gullibility
                                Remember the website they created pretending Hillary won so for the people with PTSD over the election results?

https://www.hillarybeattrump.org/

Comment