Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Remember the website they created pretending Hillary won so for the people with PTSD over the election results?

https://www.hillarybeattrump.org/

I think I started a thread on it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Remember the website they created pretending Hillary won so for the people with PTSD over the election results?

https://www.hillarybeattrump.org/
      This is gold right here.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• source
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• And now the White House has announced that they will be drafting official rules of decorum for members of the press.

This... may not work out as well as CNN was hoping.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            And now the White House has announced that they will be drafting official rules of decorum for members of the press.

This... may not work out as well as CNN was hoping.
            And he said, "and we can always leave!"
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Yeah, I know, he used to be on Fox News from time to time, so some of the libs will probably dismiss this...

I do my level best to not make myself part of story, and I think the best journalists operate that way

I think that last part is key --- that's EXACTLY what Acosta does --- it's all about him.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yeah, I know, he used to be on Fox News from time to time, so some of the libs will probably dismiss this...

I do my level best to not make myself part of story, and I think the best journalists operate that way

I think that last part is key --- that's EXACTLY what Acosta does --- it's all about him.
                There are two problems here. One is Trump. The other is Acosta. We deal with Trumps over the top attack that threatens the press in general. Then we deal with Acosta's improper conduct. I have already said Acosta was rude. But what Trump did in response to Acosta's rudeness had the potential to be a threat to the free press, which is more important than the slap on the wrist Acosta had clearly earned.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  There are two problems here. One is Trump.
                  There is one problem here, Jim. It seems all you can post about is your hate for Trump.

Am I wrong? Are you posting about other issues?

Comment

There is one problem here, Jim. It seems all you can post about is your hate for Trump.

Am I wrong? Are you posting about other issues?
                    CP - that is ridiculous. Here is the post again, this time, please read past the world "Trump".

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                    There are two problems here. One is Trump. The other is Acosta. We deal with Trumps over the top attack that threatens the press in general. Then we deal with Acosta's improper conduct. I have already said Acosta was rude. But what Trump did in response to Acosta's rudeness had the potential to be a threat to the free press, which is more important than the slap on the wrist Acosta had clearly earned.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      CP - that is ridiculous.
                      Lemme ask again -- is there ANYTHING else you post about here besides your hate for Trump? (Acosta just happens to be part of the Trump issue)

Comment

Lemme ask again -- is there ANYTHING else you post about here besides your hate for Trump? (Acosta just happens to be part of the Trump issue)
                        As it turns out, yes.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          As it turns out, yes.
                          I withdraw the question.

Comment

Yeah, I know, he used to be on Fox News from time to time, so some of the libs will probably dismiss this...

I believe that I noted before that the Washington press corp really dislikes Acosta.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I believe that I noted before that the Washington press corp really dislikes Acosta.
                              Two words:

Preemie Donna

Comment

Of course. But in threads where the thing being discussed is something Trumpian, I give my opinions about those things Trumpian. I started this thread because I have serious concerns about Trumps presidency and especially his attacks on the press, immigrants, and his nationalistic/autocratic leanings. IIRC we had just talked/debated in another tread about the fact Trump is waging war on the press. So when this happened, it made sense to me to start another thread highlighting one of his attacks on the press.

Jim

Comment