Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    For that word it depends on context. If it refers to a donkey, allowed, to someone's rear end, it is not.
    Yes, if it refers to a human body part, even the "veiled profanity" version is not allowed. Putting $$ in place of ss doesn't change the fact that it is referring to a body part as opposed to a donkey.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      And there is is again ... unmoderated? I wonder what is actually happening here ...
      ass, n: A vain, self-important, silly, or aggressively stupid person.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
        I watched the press conference earlier - I do not understand why the press as a whole do not stand up to Trump's juvenile bullying. His conduct in the conference yesterday was appalling.
        It reminded me of a teacher trying to gain control of a room full of unruly toddlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          It's the job of the press to be adversarial to those in power in a democracy. That's part of what separates a democracy from a dictatorship.

Trump throwing a tantrum and kicking out a reporter reveals himself to be a baby, and is totally unacceptable.
          1. I think Trump could have handled it better.

2. Just about every president has fights with the press. That is what makes it "adversarial"

Remember Obama and Fox?

Fox’s Volley With Obama Intensifying
          “We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” said Anita Dunn, the White House communications director, in a telephone interview on Sunday. “As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”
          https://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/b...dia/12fox.html

Comment

And there is is again ... unmoderated? I wonder what is actually happening here ...

Well, Sarah gave the reason that he had improperly touched an intern and that would not be tolerated. Do you really suppose you can deny what any fool can google for themselves - or did you just assume 'Sarah would not do such a thing' and chose not to check first ...

Jim
            "ass" when used like in jackass or dumbass is acceptable, which is how MM used it. When referring to a body part it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              "ass" when used like in jackass or dumbass is acceptable, which is how MM used it. When referring to a body part it is not.
              In case it isn't clear, if anyone is aware of any usage like this, by all means report it. We do try to be consistent; if we've missed something, we'd like to correct it.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

As you raise your rhetoric against me, let it be known that I have been moderated for using the same word you and several others here have used. In fact, the reason I thought it would be ok to allude to the term (I used $$ signs for the 'ss') was observing so many of the peanut gallery using it NOT being moderated.

That said, she did make up a 'story'. She implied Acosta improperly touched an intern and that is why his pass was revoked, when in fact the only contact that occurred between him and the intern was her trying to take the microphone from him. A clear attempt to not merely ban him, but to smear him. There is video of the event. There are multiple tweets from other reporters near Acosta exonerating him.

Jim
                But she's supposed to be believed!!!
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

As you raise your rhetoric against me, let it be known that I have been moderated for using the same word you and several others here have used. In fact, the reason I thought it would be ok to allude to the term (I used $$ signs for the 'ss') was observing so many of the peanut gallery using it NOT being moderated.

That said, she did make up a 'story'. She implied Acosta improperly touched an intern and that is why his pass was revoked, when in fact the only contact that occurred between him and the intern was her trying to take the microphone from him. A clear attempt to not merely ban him, but to smear him. There is video of the event. There are multiple tweets from other reporters near Acosta exonerating him.

Jim
                  So it’s only wrong to physically prevent a women from doing her job when it’s a consertive. Got it.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Go to the 1 minute 29 second mark. Being a pompous jerk is bad enough, but it was roughly blocking the intern's arm and refusing to let go of the microphone that sealed Jim Accost-her's fate.

Sorry, libs, but we have the video. We can't pretend it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I see.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        So it’s only wrong to physically prevent a women from doing her job when it’s a consertive. Got it.
                        Nothing one sided about it.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Go to the 1 minute 29 second mark. Being a pompous jerk is bad enough, but it was roughly blocking the intern's arm and refusing to let go of the microphone that sealed Jim Accost-her's fate.

Sorry, libs, but we have the video. We can't pretend it didn't happen.
                          Nothing to deny. Sanders did not say the pass was removed because he would not give up the microphone.

Jim

Comment

Nothing one sided about it.

Jim
                            So you agree that he should have his press pass revoked than?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It's more a rag on them. There are plenty of examples of the word being used without it being moderated over the last few months. I don't typically use any profanity, although rarely I might allude to it in comic book form. I just thought it odd they said anything at all to me given how often I've seen it used lately without a response. In fact, the only reason I even alluded to so directly using the $ signs was because it is being used so frequently I thought it must be an exception to the rule. After all, it is found in the KJV Bible, and is a legitimate synonym for a donkey.

Jim
                              Moderator Notice

If you are unhappy with moderation, then pm a moderator or take it to the Padded Room. It is against the decorum to discuss moderation in a thread like this. Sorry, that's one of the rules here, whether you like it or not.

If you have issues with something another poster says, then report it instead of discussing in a thread.

You've been here long enough, Jim, to know this stuff.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                So you agree that he should have his press pass revoked than?
                                No. He should not. First, would he have known why the young lady was trying to take the mike? Second, how often do reporters push for more answers even when the moderator is trying to move on and it is tolerated? Third, the reason given for the removal was a lie. He did not touch the intern inaporopriately. The only contact was initiated by her and she was trying to forcefully remove the mike from his hand.

Jim

Comment