Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't think he assaulted her or even "put his hands on her" - He was just determined to keep the microphone and shoved her hand away when she reached for it. It seemed to be a reflex reaction.

That said, he was being rude and obnoxious to the President and to the intern and Trump had every right to kick him out and take away his press pass.
    Acosta was attempting to follow-through with a question Trump clearly did not want to answer. This is what good reporters do, be persistent. It’s a press conference, not a polite cocktail party.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Funny, I thought liberals have said for years that men shouldn’t use physical force against a women.
    She was obviously "asking for it."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Acosta was attempting to follow-through with a question Trump clearly did not want to answer. This is what good reporters do, be persistent.
    Be persistent and aggressively block a young female intern from doing her job by roughly knocking her hand away, right?

It's funny how you guys want to crucify Trump over mere words but give Jim Accost-her a pass for his inappropriate actions.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Do any of you remember when Lewandowski was charged with battery for merely grabbing the arm of a reporter in order to move her out of the way? The liberals couldn't shut up about it.

Jim Acosta even reported on it himself at the time:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/0...acosta-dnt.cnn
    Last edited by Sparko; 11-09-2018 at 06:49 AM.

5. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Funny, I thought liberals have said for years that men shouldn’t use physical force against a women.
    If you call what he did 'using physical force against a women' then I would have to ask just how many mattresses does it take for you to get a good nights sleep pix? That whole line is just ridiculous, from Sanders 'inappropriate touching' down to the discussion here. Is there no depth to which you will not stoop to support 'your guy in the white house'?

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-09-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Do any of you remember when Lewandowski was charged with battery for merely grabbing the arm of a reporter in order to move her out of the way? The liberals couldn't shut up about it.

Jim Acosta even reported on it himself at the time:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/0...acosta-dnt.cnn
    And that was just as STUPID then as it is now. So Sparko - you will now defend STUPID because it is 'your guy' in the white house?

Do you guys have a CLUE what integrity actually means? Here's a clue. It means that if you think something is wrong, it doesn't matter if it is your friend or your enemy that is doing it, it is STILL wrong.

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    If you call what he did 'using physical force against a women' then I would have to ask just how many mattresses does it take for you to get a good nights sleep pix? That whole line is just ridiculous, from Sanders 'inappropriate touching' down to the discussion here. It there no depth to which you will not stoop to support 'your guy in the white house'?

Jim
    I’m just using liberal standards against them. Funny how those rules are only for those they dislike and not for themselves.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And that was just as STUPID then as it is now. So Sparko - you will now defend STUPID because it is 'your guy' in the white house?
    Oh I agree it was dumb. That doesn't change the fact that Acosta and every other liberal reporter jumped on this like a dog with a bone and called it intentional and assault and made a huge deal out of it. Yet now they are playing off a similar incident as a nothing burger.

Do you guys have a CLUE what integrity actually means? Here's a clue. It means that if you think something is wrong, it doesn't matter if it is your friend or your enemy that is doing it, it is STILL wrong.

Jim
    How about THEY have some integrity for once? I freely admit both incidents were nothing and even said so at the time of each. I have nothing to apologize for. My view hasn't changed. But if Acosta and the others were so gung-ho to condemn Lewandowsky then they should have the integrity to admit Acosta did something similar. Or apologize for their treatment of Lewandowski.

10. Amen RumTumTugger, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    If you call what he did 'using physical force against a women'...
    Did you watch the video? You can't deny what he did. It was captured on camera for everyone to see. No need to guess or rely on third-hand reports. You only have to trust your own eyes. For your convenience:

Go to the 1 minute 29 second mark.

Tell me, if that was your wife or daughter being treated in that manner, would you really be so ho-hum about it?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Did you watch the video? You can't deny what he did. It was captured on camera for everyone to see. No need to guess or rely on third-hand reports. You only have to trust your own eyes. For your convenience:

Go to the 1 minute 29 second mark.

Tell me, if that was your wife or daughter being treated in that manner, would you really be so ho-hum about it?
    Are you out of your ever living mind?

He did nothing but hold onto the mike and simply positioned his hand against her arm as she tried to take the mike. There was no 'force' involved.

This does tell me a lot about those of you claiming Acosta 'assaulted' this young lady, and your actual capacity to be reasonable when it comes to these debates. Thanks for the clarification.

Jim