Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    Nothing to deny. Sanders did not say the pass was removed because he would not give up the microphone.
    It was most likely an "all of the above" sort of thing. Trump showed extraordinary restraint dealing with such belligerence.

The video also puts the lie to your opening post claiming that Accost-her was banned because Trump didn't like his questions and that Sarah Sanders invented an altercation even though it happened on camera for all the world to see.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It was most likely an "all of the above" sort of thing. Trump showed extraordinary restraint dealing with such belligerence.

The video also puts the lie to your opening post claiming that Accost-her was banned because Trump didn't like his questions and that Sarah Sanders invented an altercation even though it happened on camera for all the world to see.
      Source: oxmixmudd

. Sanders in explaining why made up a story about things that didn't happen.

© Copyright Original Source

Sanders reason was that Acosta inappropriately touched the intern, and that is a lie. She tried to forcefully take the mike. He did not 'inappropriately' touch her.

How many time are going to be allowed to call me a liar without justifying your claim and, as in this case, falsely! Over and over again you've called me a liar mm, falsely, and with apparent impunity!

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        There were less lies to contend with and less fact-checks required in the Obama era...in fact ANY previous era.
        Possibly because Obama would go the better part of a year without holding a press conference or talking to them. That and the fact that the MSM saw it as their duty to serve as Obama's Praetorian Guard, burying negative news or with what couldn't be kept tamped down acting as his press secretary trying to spin it in a positive light (explain it away).

Finally, if Obama faced a press grimly determined to parse every sentence he uttered and unwaveringly devoted to presenting it in the most negative light imaginable we would be talking about the long list of "lies" that Obama said. As I noted before, such lists for each previous Administration did exist but they were only circulated on the fringes as they would conflate obvious misspeaks, differences of opinion and the like with actual deliberate untruths[1]. Nobody took them seriously. But now the same very sort of shoddy lists are being circulated by what ostensibly should be regarded as well-respected news organizations as actual legitimate news.

1. A perfect example would be Obama's statement about having visited "57 states" during the 2008 campaign. Obvious a misstatement rather than a deliberate lie but that's just the sort of thing that finds its way onto the lists of "lies" Trump has told.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          And there is is again ... unmoderated?
          If you are referring to the word "ass" it only gets moderated when it is clearly a reference to a body part not a behavior.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sanders reason was that Acosta inappropriately touched the intern, and that is a lie. She tried to forcefully take the mike. He did not 'inappropriately' touch her.

How many time are going to be allowed to call me a liar without justifying your claim and, as in this case, falsely! Over and over again you've called me a liar mm, falsely, and with apparent impunity!

Jim
            She reached out for the mic (which is not Acosta's property). He pushed her arm away. Technically speaking, he actually committed assault.

Comment

Jim
              He impeded her from doing her job by physically restraining her arm from getting to the mic. That's inappropriate touching, Jim.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                He impeded her from doing her job by physically restraining her arm from getting to the mic. That's inappropriate touching, Jim.
                In a pigs eye

You know that term, especially this year, does not simply mean he blocked her. Secondarily, to keep someone from forcefully taking what you have possession of is not 'inappropriate touching' by anyone's definition of the term.

Jim
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-08-2018, 12:42 PM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  In a pigs eye.

When people can't be honest the is little point in even trying to have a discussion. You know that term, especially this year, does not simply mean he blocked her. Secondarily, to keep someone from forcefully taking what you have poses soon of is not inappropriate 'touching' by anyone's definition of the term.

Jim

Jim
                  Did you watch the video Jim Jim? Accost-her was clearly out of line. There's simply no way to credibly defend his aggressive behavior.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In a pigs eye

You know that term, especially this year, does not simply mean he blocked her. Secondarily, to keep someone from forcefully taking what you have possession of is not 'inappropriate touching' by anyone's definition of the term.

Jim
                    I love how you spin someone keeping hold of something that doesn't belong to them and physically blocking and pushing away the person responsible for the mic from getting it back as all being Trump's fault.

I thought you were all upset by the lack of civility and the rudeness being exhibited in politics today. I guess it's okay when "your side" does it.

Comment

In a pigs eye

Jim
                      When it's not your damned mic, and her job is to retrieve it from you, it absolutely IS inappropriate touching to put your arm in her way and forcibly block her from doing her job.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I love how you spin someone keeping hold of something that doesn't belong to them and physically blocking and pushing away the person responsible for the mic from getting it back as all being Trump's fault.

I thought you were all upset by the lack of civility and the rudeness being exhibited in politics today. I guess it's okay when "your side" does it.
                        All to ask an idiotic question.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          All to ask an idiotic question.
                          More likely to make himself the story[1[ in an effort to prop up continually sinking ratings.

1. For years it has been an unwritten policy over at CNN for the reporter to somehow insert themselves into the story they are covering -- to become part of the story. Anderson Cooper does it without you hardly noticing it. Acosta, OTOH, is a ham-fisted buffoon in comparison.

Comment

I don't think he assaulted her or even "put his hands on her" - He was just determined to keep the microphone and shoved her hand away when she reached for it. It seemed to be a reflex reaction.

That said, he was being rude and obnoxious to the President and to the intern and Trump had every right to kick him out and take away his press pass.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              She reached out for the mic (which is not Acosta's property). He pushed her arm away. Technically speaking, he actually committed assault.
                              It was a defensive move rogue. Not assault.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I don't think he assaulted her or even "put his hands on her" - He was just determined to keep the microphone and shoved her hand away when she reached for it. It seemed to be a reflex reaction.

That said, he was being rude and obnoxious to the President and to the intern and Trump had every right to kick him out and take away his press pass.
                                If being rude and obnoxious is reason enough to kick someone out of the White House...

Comment