Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginsburg Fall

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ginsburg Fall

I'll bet this is giving everyone on the left heartburn...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Frankly, she cannot be allowed to step down or leave office. It's a horrible situation, but the courts are stacked enough with far-right SCOTUS's which will set your country back years.

I cannot imagine why the 'left' (sorry, i know you hate the term!) as voters don't seem to be as bothered about the supreme court as the 'right'.

Republican Voters like most on here who claim not to be Trump supporters (yet never seem to start up threads about the awful things he does or says and prefer to keep quiet/defend him) voted for him as they knew the importance of filling that SCOTUS seat the Republicans stole from Obama. They've even managed to get another one pushed through.

Yet another far-right SCOTUS would be irredeemably bad news for your country.

3. Amen Starlight amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll be praying.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    If you lean left? Yes. Most people on this forum lean very right, and would be celebrating it.

To some here, Trump's election was only so that he could put judges in the Supreme Court.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    She should have retired years ago if only for the good of her own health.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    She should have retired years ago if only for the good of her own health.
    It was her determination that if she had stepped down during the Obama administration, to let fresh blood in, then the House wouldn't have elected another similarly liberal person. I found her excuse to sound a bit self-serving. And now its biting her in the rear.

For what its worth I think Scalia should have stepped down before he had his heart attack. I'm sure similar reasons kept him on the bench.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    To some here, Trump's election was only so that he could put judges in the Supreme Court.
    Oh yes, as i mentioned in my initial reply, it was very much the ends justifies the means. It's also why they're mostly looking the other way during his presidency, other than the minority who actually like how he behaves, but then they're just deplorable...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Frankly, she cannot be allowed to step down or leave office. It's a horrible situation, but the courts are stacked enough with far-right SCOTUS's which will set your country back years.

I cannot imagine why the 'left' (sorry, i know you hate the term!) as voters don't seem to be as bothered about the supreme court as the 'right'.

Republican Voters like most on here who claim not to be Trump supporters (yet never seem to start up threads about the awful things he does or says and prefer to keep quiet/defend him) voted for him as they knew the importance of filling that SCOTUS seat the Republicans stole from Obama. They've even managed to get another one pushed through.

I love how European liberals keep telling us how we should think or believe and be more like them.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

10. Amen Mountain Man, Jedidiah, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh yes, as i mentioned in my initial reply, it was very much the ends justifies the means. It's also why they're mostly looking the other way during his presidency, other than the minority who actually like how he behaves, but then they're just deplorable...
    I respect the play. It worked. I disagree with it, but it is what it is.

They've won a lot of lasting influence for their political ideology during this presidency.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

You're usually far more cordial than these insults, Evo. Is everything ok?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---