Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ginsburg Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Your country was the one cops didn’t move in on a sex trafficking ring because they didn’t want to appear Islamicphobic.
    You can still add right-wing spin and at least make an attempt to remain accurate you know...

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      You can still add right-wing spin and at least make an attempt to remain accurate you know...
      It’s not true that a sex trafficking ring operated in your country for years and the cops knew about it and didn’t shut it down?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Poor lady. Hope she recovers without complications.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          Poor lady. Hope she recovers without complications.
          Broken ribs is serious at any age, but especially for the elderly. The inability to move around and cough properly can very easily lead to pneumonia, and Ginsberg isn't exactly in good health to begin with which makes matters even worse.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            And he is not appointing "FAR RIGHT" justices. These are average middle of the road conservatives. They are not radicals or alt-right.
            I could understand someone classifying Clarence Thomas as far right, even if I don't necessarily agree. But Gorsuch and Kavanaugh aren't. Heck, in the most recent term, Gorsuch's rulings were more liberal than Kennedy's; is Anthony Kennedy far-right now?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Broken ribs is serious at any age, but especially for the elderly. The inability to move around and cough properly can very easily lead to pneumonia, and Ginsberg isn't exactly in good health to begin with which makes matters even worse.
            Is she in bad health? I was under the impression, particularly considering her age, she was in pretty good health. I know she does (for her age) surprisingly strenuous work-out sessions twice a week.
            Last edited by Terraceth; 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah... she's so frail...
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                Is she in bad health? I was under the impression, particularly considering her age, she was in pretty good health. I know she does (for her age) surprisingly strenuous work-out sessions twice a week.
                Well that I don't know. I'm going by recent interviews I've seen where she seems barely coherent.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  Yeah... she's so frail...
                  I find it somewhat ironic that they use pictures from 30+ years ago to illustrate what great shape she is in today.

... Or did I misunderstand? On second read, the woman in the photos is not Ginsberg but someone significantly younger and in much better shape, which is also somewhat ironic.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-09-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I find it somewhat ironic that they use pictures from 30+ years ago to illustrate what great shape she is in today.

... Or did I misunderstand? On second read, the woman in the photos is not Ginsberg but someone significantly younger and in much better shape, which is also somewhat ironic.
                    those pictures were of the reporter doing the workout, not Ginsburg.

Ginsburg has battled cancer a couple of times and other health problems. She survived. I don't know if that means she is stronger now, or weaker. I do know she is getting up there in age.

Comment

those pictures were of the reporter doing the workout, not Ginsburg.

Ginsburg has battled cancer a couple of times and other health problems. She survived. I don't know if that means she is stronger now, or weaker. I do know she is getting up there in age.
                      Well, like I said, I'm only going by what I've seen in recent interviews where she can barely hold her head up and string a sentence together, and half the time you wonder if she fell asleep mid-sentence when she starts to introduce awkward seconds-long pauses between words.

Comment

Well, like I said, I'm only going by what I've seen in recent interviews where she can barely hold her head up and string a sentence together, and half the time you wonder if she fell asleep mid-sentence when she starts to introduce awkward seconds-long pauses between words.

Comment

Was that during Trump's State of the Union when Ginsberg later admitted she was drunk?

Talk about behavior unbecoming of a Supreme Court Justice.

Comment

The article is about someone (a young person) duplicating her exercise routine, and provides several links to books and articles to exactly what she does each week. How many 85-year-olds do you know who include planks in their exercise routine?
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              The article is about someone (a young person) duplicating her exercise routine, and provides several links to books and articles to exactly what she does each week. How many 85-year-olds do you know who include planks in their exercise routine?
                              Good thing I do lots of planks in my exercise routine. Yep, plenty of planks here.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

So one picture of a woman with her head down is proof that she's frail?

Anyone can find a "less flattering" picture of anyone else. Stripped of context, they mean nothing. Anyone remember the "white power" sign by Zina Bash at the Kavanaugh hearings?

Zina-Bash-White-Power-Symbol.jpg

DmdkGapWwAAobSA.jpg-small-300x307.jpg

Shall we conclude from these out-of-context images that Zina Bash is a white supremacist?

Come on, guys. You can do better than that.

P.S. It was pretty widely known that Ginsburg had had wine with dinner, and had nodded off during the SOTU as a result. And no, she did not "admit she was drunk." She admitted she had had some wine with dinner, and it made her sleepy.
                                Last edited by carpedm9587; 11-09-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment