Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida Recount in Senate Race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    But I should address the personal attacks you made on me. I'm as confused about where this is coming from as the first time you accused me of this (which was when I said I thought claims of Anthony Kennedy making a secret agreement with Donald Trump seemed baseless and speculative), as I don't think I do "anything, everything, that can possibly be interpreted or conceived of in favor of Republicans." When I protest against conspiratorial theories, it's not because Republicans are involved, it's because I feel they're conspiratorial and rely on speculation rather than any kind of actual evidence. I've certainly defended non-Republicans against conspiratorial claims, so I don't feel I favor Republicans in that. For example, I've defended Kavanaugh against what I feel are unwarranted attacks, but I've also agreed with some criticisms of him and given some defenses to Ford against conspiratorial accusations. If nothing else, this alleged pro-Republican bias certainly seems inconsistent with my voting record given that I'm pretty sure I've voted for exactly one Republican in the last 8 years.
    I can explain Starlights attack against you. you brought out facts his leftist programmers didn't program him a reply for so like any NPC he defaulted to personal attacks on you. I suspect he is due for a crash soon and will leave the thread as there are to many of us showing the facts against the non thinking assertions made by Starlight and the other NPC like JimL and Tassman.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumtumtuggr
      No but you are an NPC.
      I try to be a good NPC. At least I hope God will make me one.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Unethical, rip of the taxpayer, Rick Scott has been the Governor of Florida for 8 years, including during his own re-election in 2014, and didn't seem to have a problem with Broward Counties Brenda Snipes who he could have fired at any time. That should tell you balloon heads on the dumbed down right something! No one, not the corrupt Rick Scott or the corrupt President, has any evidence of voter fraud. How is it that Republicans keep electing all of these corrupt politicians, R. Scott, D.Hunter, Chris Collins and D. J. Trump. All crooks! Seriously, consevatives, is it tribalism, stupidity, or what?
        Yes your tribalism is stupid when you refuse to see what is right in front of your eyes. Who is threatening to arrest the press for doing what they are legally allowed the democrat supervisor of Palm beach county who refuses even though she has been ordered to by the Judge allow the press in to check the PUBLIC counting of Votes.

from the palm beach post

Tensions flared Friday morning when Bucher threatened to have camera operators and newspaper reporters arrested for filming ballot tabulation as Palm Beach County. The meeting at least half a dozen television cameras and even more reporters as Palm Beach County is one of the last in Florida to report unofficial results in an election with three tight statewide races.

DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS, Jiml or are you so tribal that you are ok with the Democrats pulling things like this while saying it is wrong for the Republicans to want ot shine a light on what is happening.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-12-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          I try to be a good NPC. At least I hope God will make me one.
          player character Leonhard you are no NPC.

Comment

I think we should put Florida in the corner and tell them they can't vote until they can stop trying to cheat all the time.

From Dade County (Miami)

================
            Two women busted for election fraud in Miami-Dade

A 74-year-old woman tasked with opening envelopes sent by Miami-Dade County voters with their completed mail ballots was arrested Friday after co-workers caught her illegally marking ballots, resulting in an unknown — but small — number of fraudulent votes being cast for mayoral candidate Raquel Regalado.

Investigators linked Gladys Coego, a temporary worker for the county elections department, to two fraudulent votes, but they suspect from witness testimony that she submitted several more.

Coego, of Westchester, turned herself in to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on Friday morning. She was charged with two felony counts of marking another person’s ballot. Coego was released after posting a $10,000 bond.

In a separate election-fraud case, authorities also arrested a second woman Friday on charges of unlawfully filling out voter-registration forms on behalf of United for Care, the campaign to legalize medical marijuana in Florida.

The Miami-Dade state attorney’s office accused Tomika Curgil, 33, of filling out forms for five people without their consent. She also submitted at least 15 forms for people who apparently don’t exist — and several forms for people who are dead.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Unethical, rip of the taxpayer, Rick Scott has been the Governor of Florida for 8 years, including during his own re-election in 2014, and didn't seem to have a problem with Broward Counties Brenda Snipes who he could have fired at any time.
              That he didn't, considering her continuing sordid history, could be viewed as a dereliction of duty. You even had the left of center Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC -- the roots of which go back to Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott and founded by such civil rights icons as MLK Jr. and Ralph David Abernathy) calling for her head on a platter (figuratively of course) because of her gross negligence and incompetence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I think we should put Florida in the corner and tell them they can't vote until they can stop trying to cheat all the time.

From Dade County (Miami)

================
                Two women busted for election fraud in Miami-Dade

A 74-year-old woman tasked with opening envelopes sent by Miami-Dade County voters with their completed mail ballots was arrested Friday after co-workers caught her illegally marking ballots, resulting in an unknown — but small — number of fraudulent votes being cast for mayoral candidate Raquel Regalado.

Investigators linked Gladys Coego, a temporary worker for the county elections department, to two fraudulent votes, but they suspect from witness testimony that she submitted several more.

Coego, of Westchester, turned herself in to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on Friday morning. She was charged with two felony counts of marking another person’s ballot. Coego was released after posting a $10,000 bond.

In a separate election-fraud case, authorities also arrested a second woman Friday on charges of unlawfully filling out voter-registration forms on behalf of United for Care, the campaign to legalize medical marijuana in Florida.

The Miami-Dade state attorney’s office accused Tomika Curgil, 33, of filling out forms for five people without their consent. She also submitted at least 15 forms for people who apparently don’t exist — and several forms for people who are dead.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy
                Florida election workers outta be required to wear body cams!

(Or, more seriously, to do their work in full view of a camera just like the tellers at your local stop-n-rob)
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Provisional Ballot Boxes Left Inside AVIS Rental Car At Fort Lauderdale Airport

https://www.lauraloomer.us/blog/excl...erdale-airport
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Florida election workers outta be required to wear body cams!

(Or, more seriously, to do their work in full view of a camera just like the tellers at your local stop-n-rob)
                    This seems to happen every election in Florida. So much for the tale that voter fraud is just a myth. Florida proves that wrong every two years.

Oh wait, it's because they only have one vote tallying machine, and the Republican Powers That Be are problem, according to Starlight. right. Then why do all of these recounts and found ballots and arrested cheats all seem to favor the Democrat party?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      EXCLUSIVE: Provisional Ballot Boxes Left Inside AVIS Rental Car At Fort Lauderdale Airport

Nothing to see here, folks, move along, please.... the Democrats will handle this for you, you can trust them.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

People in Florida need to check their closets, under their beds, and in their garage to see if they can find any more ballots. These things must have legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          This seems to happen every election in Florida. So much for the tale that voter fraud is just a myth. Florida proves that wrong every two years.

Oh wait, it's because they only have one vote tallying machine, and the Republican Powers That Be are problem, according to Starlight. right. Then why do all of these recounts and found ballots and arrested cheats all seem to favor the Democrat party?
                          OK - so let me address the "voter fraud is a myth" issue. I don't think anyone thinks there is no voter fraud in the U.S. In any election system - someone is going to try to game the system. Voter fraud happens - period. But note that most of these things being reported are not going to be solved by voter IDs. They are examples of voter fraud happening at the hands of people charged with securing, delivering, and/or counting ballots. The only way to deal with this kind of fraud is to provide for better surveillance and eliminate any single-person with oversight of any part of the ballot process. But that will only reduce the fraud to things that can be done by two people in concert. You can reduce that by requiring three people at all times. Etc.

The point is not so much that voter fraud is a myth - it is that the solutions being proposed to counter voter fraud are 1) not going to solve the problem (i.e., like this one) or b) disproportionate to the unquantified problem they claim to solve. Every attempt quantify voter fraud that can be prevented by voter IDs is solving a problem that has never been quantified to be more than a few isolated incidents per election cycle - but the solution makes it difficult/impossible for tens of thousands of people to vote. It's the equivalent of solving a problem that has not been shown to be more serious than a hang nail by amputating finger/toe with the problem.

To continue the analogy - the problem is that many on the left deal with it by claiming it's like amputating the entire limb. And many on the right refuse to acknowledge that, until the problem can be shown to be more than a hang-nail, the most we can reasonably justify is to trim the thing with nail clippers, or perhaps remove the nail.
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

OK - does anyone else find is suspicious that this story cannot be found on ANY convention media outlet, including Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, WSJ, NYT, Washington Post, Washington Examiner, LA Times, etc.?

It only appears on fringe sites and blogs.

Or am I missing something...?
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              OK - does anyone else find is suspicious that this story cannot be found on ANY convention media outlet, including Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, WSJ, NYT, Washington Post, Washington Examiner, LA Times, etc.?

It only appears on fringe sites and blogs.

Or am I missing something...?
                              I actually thought I remembered this from several election cycles ago.

But here is an AP news source...
                              Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-12-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I actually thought I remembered this from several election cycles ago.

But here is an AP news source...
                                And here is a Miami NBC affiliate who says the boxes were marked "provisional ballots" but only contained office supplies for the voting locations.

Elections officials say boxes labeled with the words "provisional ballots" that have shown up around Broward County contain offices supplies used on Election Day and are not used to collect actual filled-out ballots.

Broward supervisor of elections attorney Eugene Pettis says the boxes contain office supplies and a red envelope for polling places to use for any provisional ballots. Provisional ballots are cast when someone votes without identification or their eligibility cannot immediately be verified by elections officials.

Pettis says provisional ballots are sealed inside the envelope and sent separately to the supervisor of elections' office. The box is then loaded with office supplies and dispatched to the same office but does not contain any ballots.

One such box found at an elementary school was opened for reporters. It contained only the office supplies.

Additional boxes were found late Sunday in the back of a returned rental car at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright says deputies transported them back to the proper office.

Comment