Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida Recount in Senate Race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You kinda sorta left out the word "legitimate" - you're usually much more liberal with adjectives.
    And you want every legitimate vote counted, CP? Please, you're a conservative CP, and conservatives have proven what it is they want, and it certainly isn't democracy.

Comment

And it gets worse...

tweet_fraud.jpeg
      https://twitter.com/JeffKottkamp/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Source: Florida Elections Worker: I Was Fired For Witnessing Possible Absentee Ballot Fraud

According to the affidavit, the former employee alleged that on Monday about 8:30 p.m. she had been told to take a stack of absentee ballot forms to what is known as the Pitney-Bowes Room at the Supervisor of Elections (SOE) office in Lauderhill, Fla.

Through the locked door's window, she saw four workers sitting at a table in the room with "stacks of documents and writing something," according to the affidavit.

She knocked on the door — and an SOE worker opened the door, took the stack from her "and closed the door," she alleged. "The employee seemed very rushed."

When the former employee returned a short time later with a second stack, the woman was allowed into the room.

"I could see the four SOE employees sitting at the same table actively filling out election ballots," she said in the affidavit. Each worker "had a stack of blank ballots to the right of them … and a stack of completed ballots to their left."

Every completed stack contained "perhaps a dozen" ballots, she claimed.

The four workers also were "using the same black pens … that the SOE supplies to voters at polling places.

"I was then told to leave the room by one of the employees at the table," she said in the affidavit.

The former employee said that she did not initially report what she had seen "to anyone at the SOE because of fear of retaliation."

However, after returning from lunch about 12:30 p.m. the following day, the woman alleged that she was "met by a uniformed security guard at the SOE entrance and told that I had been terminated.

"I was given no explanation for this action," the former employee said.

Nichols told Newsmax that "I consider what she said in the affidavit to be very credible. She saw what she saw."

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...FTemplate-Main

© Copyright Original Source

The excuse is that they were simply hand duplicating mail-in and military ballots that had been damaged in transit, in which case the original "damaged" ballots should be available for inspection, right? So where are they?

Even local races are being affected...

Source: Caldwell files lawsuit against Broward elections chief as Fried's lead grows in ag commissioner race

Matt Caldwell has followed Gov. Rick Scott's lead in filing a lawsuit Friday against the Broward County Supervisor of Elections in one of the state's closest races.

The campaign of the Republican candidate for agricultural commissioner sent a news release Friday afternoon announcing that his attorneys filed a lawsuit in the 17th judicial circuit "asking the court to protect the integrity of all ballots and all public records relating to the election for Commissioner of Agriculture."

Caldwell thought he had edged out a victory in the agricultural commissioner race Tuesday night when he had about a 40,000 vote lead over Democratic candidate Nikki Fried.

But the latest vote count shows Caldwell losing by 3,120 votes to Fried. The difference between the candidates is .04 percent, signaling an automatic recount, and a likely manual recount.

"Over the course of the last two and half days, the Broward supervisor has continued to magically find boxes of ballots that have potentially altered the course of the race," Caldwell said in an interview Friday. "And after all that time, we still cannot get a straight answer as to where they came from, when they were cast. We just heard there is another magical box of 2,100 ballots they supposedly found here (Friday)."

He said what is happening in Broward County is unacceptable.

"The fact that it's my opponent's home county and you continue to have ballots just be found at random times without any explanation I think it just undermines the faith in the entire process and certainly leaves me doubtful about the current count that has been presented out there," Caldwell said.

https://www.news-press.com/story/new...ef/1945396002/

Unsurprisingly, Broward County supervisor of elections Brenda Snipes has a long and sketchy history...

Source: Election Fraud Expert: Brenda Snipes Allowed Illegal Aliens and Felons to Vote; Illegally Destroyed Ballots

In 2017, Dr. Snipes admitted in court that her office had allowed non-citizens and felons to vote and was particularly vulnerable ahead of major elections.

In 2012, a Broward elections official complained about Snipes tendency to “find” additional ballots in close elections. Ilene Lieberman, a Broward County Commissioner and Canvassing board member, told the Miami CBS affiliate in 2012, “When the canvassing board recessed on Saturday we were basically told there were between 150 and 165 ballots remained to be counted, that they had to double check, that they hadn’t been counted before. And when we came back on Monday the report showed 963 new ballots.”

Snipes also presided over a “phantom voting district” of 2000 voters who were using illegal addresses, many of them at a UPS Store, claimed as their places of residence.

Republican Party officials sued Snipes’ office in 2016 over the illegal counting of 180,000 mail in ballots, she admitted that she didn’t know the meaning of the word “canvassing.” Snipes’ office had been opening ballots illegally, without the legally required participation of other members of the canvasing board.

But Snipes hasn’t just been accused of malfeasance from Republicans.

A 2016 Democratic Congressional candidate, Tim Canova, challenged the results of his loss to Debbie Wasserman-Schultz in court, only to have Snipes’ office illegally destroy the ballots, preventing additional inspection.

https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-el...royed-ballots/

It would seem the question is not "Is fraud being committed?" but, rather, "To what extent is fraud being committed?"
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I have found several articles similar to this one, which is a pretty strongly right-leaning media source. It appears that there is a lot of dust raising from Trump and Scott - but monitors from both sides appear to continually assert, "no fraud."

I'd take a deep breath, and let the process run its course.

Meanwhile, Broward county has an odd "undervote" problem. Apparently the design of the ballot caused a lot of people to not see the Senate voting area, so many, many ballots have a vote for the Governor but not the Senator. The gaps is apparently 3.7% - so the Dems may have shot themselves in the foot in Florida.
        Last edited by carpedm9587; 11-11-2018, 10:29 AM.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          Meanwhile, Broward county has an odd "undervote" problem. Apparently the design of the ballot caused a lot of people to not see the Senate voting area, so many, many ballots have a vote for the Governor but not the Senator. The gaps is apparently 3.7% - so the Dems may have shot themselves in the foot in Florida.
          I'm sure Brenda Snipes will get right on that and "correct" the ballots for the negligent voters.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I'm sure Brenda Snipes will get right on that and "correct" the ballots for the negligent voters.
            Fear mongering is not attractive.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

No but you are an NPC. The Brower county supervisor has already been found to have broken the law in other elections. In refusing to tell stage election officials how many more votes which she knows rightfully leads any none NPC to wonder how many non valid ballets she is adding. As well as refusing to send ballots that need cleansing to the proper authority the state election board nor is she allowing oversize of said illegal cleansing if she has nothing to hide any is she acting like she does a non NPC would ask themself this instead of screaming about so called conspiracy theories.
              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-11-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                No but you are an NPC. The Brower county supervisor has already been found to have broken the law in other elections.
                Citations please? I am finding accusations of breaking the law in THIS election, but I have not found anything prior to this. And the law were talking about is basically about timing. As best I can tell, she did not provide the information to either campaign as fast as the law says they were supposed to.

In refusing to tell stage election officials how many more votes which she knows rightfully leads any none NPC to wonder how many non valid ballets she is adding. As well as refusing to send ballots that need cleansing to the proper authority the state election board nor is she allowing oversize of said illegal cleansing if she has nothing to hide any is she acting like she does a non NPC would ask themself this instead of screaming about so called conspiracy theories.
                What is an "NPC?"

Comment

Citations please? I am finding accusations of breaking the law in THIS election, but I have not found anything prior to this. And the law were talking about is basically about timing. As best I can tell, she did not provide the information to either campaign as fast as the law says they were supposed to.

What is an "NPC?"
                  NPC gaming

Comment

NPC gaming
                    OK - I'm familiar with the concept. Not sure how it applies... aren't we all NPCs if we don't live in Florida?

Comment

Fear mongering is not attractive.
                      But stating a justified concern, given her and Broward Counties sordid history, is.

Did you hear that Brenda Snipes' office somehow managed to "accidentally" mix together a bunch of bad, rejected provisional ballots in with the valid ones?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Boy that's a generous assessment. Actually it appears that she was "fixing" supposedly damaged ballots before even notifying anyone so they could monitor the process.

As for her past problems, here are just two that I could find in all of a minute's worth of Googling (apparently you didn't look very hard):

There are lots of other problems ranging from leaving amendments off of ballots, mysteriously "discovering" around a thousand uncounted ballots a week after the 2012 election, failing to send out over 58,000 mail-in/absentee ballots... Even the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) called for then Gov. Jeb Bush to suspend Snipes over the last one
                        Last edited by rogue06; 11-11-2018, 01:22 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

sorry about this am not at my own computer was trying to use my brothers tablet but it did crashed. here's the citation for you carpe https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...roward-county/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            But stating a justified concern, given her and Broward Counties sordid history, is.

Did you hear that Brenda Snipes' office somehow managed to "accidentally" mix together a bunch of bad, rejected provisional ballots in with the valid ones?
                            No.

Comment

sorry about this am not at my own computer was trying to use my brothers tablet but it did crashed. here's the citation for you carpe https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...roward-county/
                              OK - do you have any OTHER source? One of the things I do when I read is look into the bonafides of the reporting agency. Every assessment I find of gateway pundit is "questionable source." I am finding claims with no attributions, and no way to confirm their accuracy. And some of these claims directly contradict what is being reported in other sources - both left and right.
                              Last edited by carpedm9587; 11-11-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

No.
                                Just another in her long line of "oopsies"

Comment