Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Colbert on 69 years old who identifies as 49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colbert on 69 years old who identifies as 49

Stephen Colbert mocks the 69 year old man who wants to legally change his age to 49 in order to score with women on tinder. Lol at the idea, but Colbert's word on the matter was rife with hypocrisy. Why he couldn't connect every word of his act as glaringly consistent with transgenderism is nothing short of cognitive dissonance.

I've heard the arguments though..."Transgenderism is clinically proven", "But the brain of the transgender", "Gender is a spectrum"...all things that could apply to anyone (if there was enough political cause to research) who internally identifies as something that they are clearly not. Nothing is more obvious than the distinction between men and women. Strip a person naked and the first thing you'll note is whether they are male or female. Age and race are a very distant second and third observation, if you can even determine it. Yet to Colbert, changing your age is an absurdity.

Our world is turning into something special when internal "truth" and "feels" supersedes objective reality and makes hypocrisy the defining attribute of humanity.

Thoughts?

Well said, sir.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I had to do a double take when I saw the headline. When I see "Colbert" these days, I think first of Kevin Colbert, General Manager of the Steelers.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Liberals are not very self-aware. They don't seem to make obvious connections that other people do. Both age and gender are biological facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Liberals are not very self-aware. They don't seem to make obvious connections that other people do. Both age and gender are biological facts.

Then ya'll need to quit saying I'm a bazillion years old!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Ok, fine. You're TWO bazillion years old. We was tryin' ta be nice!
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Should we saw ya in half and count the rings?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Should we saw ya in half and count the rings?

We'd need an electron microscope

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Don't at me. It's who has the new chainsaw and is desperately looking for an excuse to use it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

And no I'm not checking how much we need to saw through.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And no I'm not checking how much we need to saw through.

Comment