Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Meet the New House Democrats: They May Not Toe the Party Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I don't deny my affinity to the democrat agenda, CP, if that's what you mean by "waving the banner"
    It's more than just an affinity, Jim - it's an obsession - the democrat agenda controls you.

but you do the same,
    No, Jim, this is just your Democrat controlled mantra.

you just seem to be embarrassed to admit to it.
    I have freely admitted I am OFTEN embarrassed by some of the nutty things Trump says and does, which is why I don't consider myself a Trump supporter. Are you too freakin' dense to grasp that, or are you just that dishonest?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Oh, the IRON E!

Jim, there's plenty of documentation here on Tweb of you "waving the banner" of the democrats, and the FACT is that I'm not a Republican, so I'll leave the little nutter games to you. I just don't understand why you keep doing this to yourself.
      an NPCs got to do what he is programed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

With an overwhelming Democrat majority in the House and the Senate at the time, even a dead badger could have gotten Obamacare passed.
        Oh, how soon some forget. Although in your case it's probably not a matter of forgetting, it's more like just never having known what went on in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Oh, how soon some forget. Although in your case it's probably not a matter of forgetting, it's more like just never having known what went on in the first place.
          Oh, I know exactly what happened with all the "budget reconciliation" and "We have to vote on it to know what's in it" nonsense, and the fact that it passed without a single Republican vote. Once the Democrats took complete control of the White House and Congress, there was no stopping it.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It's more than just an affinity, Jim - it's an obsession - the democrat agenda controls you.

No, Jim, this is just your Democrat controlled mantra.

I have freely admitted I am OFTEN embarrassed by some of the nutty things Trump says and does, which is why I don't consider myself a Trump supporter. Are you too freakin' dense to grasp that, or are you just that dishonest?
            You seem awfully angry, CP. Methinks you dost protest to much. You voted for the narcisistic, undemocratic, nationalist, autocrat, you support the narcissitic undemocratic, nationalist, autocratic's policies, just admit that you support the narcisistic autocrat. Why so embarrassed? Is it that you just get embarrassed when he opens his mouth and exposes to everyone else who and what he actually is?

Comment

You seem awfully angry, CP
              Not surprised you got that wrong, too.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You seem awfully angry, CP.
                You seem to be projecting, Jimmy.

Comment

Oh, I know exactly what happened with all the "budget reconciliation" and "We have to vote on it to know what's in it" nonsense, and the fact that it passed without a single Republican vote. Once the Democrats took complete control of the White House and Congress, there was no stopping it.
                  That's right, it passed without a single republican vote and it took over 216 votes to pass it. Many so called blue dog democrats, there were 52 of them, put their careers on the line supporting the bill in its most liberal form, and you can thank Pelosi for that. Mary Landrieu lost her election over her support for it. Probably don't remember that do you?
                  Last edited by JimL; 11-15-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

That's right, it passed without a single republican vote and it took over 216 votes to pass it. Many so called blue dog democrats, there were 52 of them, put their careers on the line supporting the bill in its most liberal form, and you can thank Pelosi for that. Mary Landrieu lost her election over her support for it. Probably don't remember that do you?
                    Yep, I remember that. Strong-arming Obamacare through went so swimmingly that Democrats had historic losses in the House afterward.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You seem to be projecting, Jimmy.
                      This is nothing more than JimL's typical parroting back whatever we say about him. He's the Pee Wee Herman of Tweb.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

so if Obama care is so great, why are the liberals all crying for socialized single-payer health care, and complaining about how bad our healthcare system currently is?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          so if Obama care is so great, why are the liberals all crying for socialized single-payer health care, and complaining about how bad our healthcare system currently is?
                          Think about it Sparko. If it was so difficult to pass Obamacare, how tough do you think passing single-payer at the time would have been. Obamacare was originally a republican/conservative idea so we used that as a foundation. We'll get to single payer eventually, but we have to overcome the ignorance first which sometimes takes a while. Even republicans like Obamacare now, so much so that republicans ran on protecting it in the recent election. Of course it didn't help them much, their constituents are on to them now!

Comment

The fact that it was pushed through Congress using sketchy politics, that the final House version was ultimately rejected by every Republican and 34 Democrats, and that Congressional Democrats suffered huge losses in the next election because of how unpopular Obamacare was doesn't speak well for Pelosi's leadership skills.

I can tell you this much: without Dingy Harry in the Senate and Obama in the White House scheming with her, Pelosi's "leadership" isn't going to amount to a hill of beans.

Comment

Think about it Sparko. If it was so difficult to pass Obamacare, how tough do you think passing single-payer at the time would have been. Obamacare was originally a republican/conservative idea so we used that as a foundation. We'll get to single payer eventually, but we have to overcome the ignorance first which sometimes takes a while. Even republicans like Obamacare now, so much so that republicans ran on protecting it in the recent election. Of course it didn't help them much, their constituents are on to them now!
                              so basically you just admitted that Obamacare was just a way to get their foot in the door to complete socialized medicine. So much for denying the slippery slope arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                This is nothing more than JimL's typical parroting back whatever we say about him. He's the Pee Wee Herman of Tweb.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment