Fast Food Sandwiches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Food Sandwiches

I've cut WAY back on fast food, but occasionally I like to try one of the new specialty sandwiches.

Last week I tried Burger King's version of a Philly Cheesesteak. I should have known better.

It was basically a double whopper without the condiments, with a bunch of cheese and sauteed onions on it.

03258-2 BK_Web_PhillyKing_500x540_CR.jpg

I'm giving it 1 1/2 thumbs down. (cause that's all I got)
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-12-2018, 05:21 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

And Mrs CP brought home an Arby's Deep Fried Turkey BLT.

It was a tad smaller than I would have thought, but really pretty good!

DpFriedTurkeyBLT_1024x557_tan.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I've cut WAY back on fast food, but occasionally I like to try one of the new specialty sandwiches.

Last week I tried Burger King's version of a Philly Cheesesteak. I should have known better.

It was basically a double whopper without the condiments, with a bunch of cheese and sauteed onions on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32976[/ATTACH]

I'm giving it 1 1/2 thumbs down. (cause that's all I got)
      If it's not Whataburger, it's not worth trying.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Hardee's got pretty good a few years ago when they decided to focus on quality rather than speed. I don't know of any near me, however. I also really like In-n-Out, but they're way far away. Five Guys is about the best I can do around here.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Hardee's got pretty good a few years ago when they decided to focus on quality rather than speed. I don't know of any near me, however. I also really like In-n-Out, but they're way far away. Five Guys is about the best I can do around here.
          I really miss Hardy's. We used to have one in the commissary at Sam Houston U, but it closed. Five Guys is good, but MERCY, I can't eat a whole bag of fries!!!

I LOVED the In-n-Out in California, but the one in Waco was... um... not quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
            If it's not Whataburger, it's not worth trying.
            Their Patty Melt is my favoritist!

Comment

I like me some Wendy's chicken burgers.
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

That's why, the times I do eat fast food, that I prefer places like Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's or even a Wendy's over a McDonald's, Burger King or Taco Bell. I just spotted a Five Guys in an office park I pass coming home from work and plan on stopping to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I really miss Hardy's. We used to have one in the commissary at Sam Houston U, but it closed. Five Guys is good, but MERCY, I can't eat a whole bag of fries!!!

I LOVED the In-n-Out in California, but the one in Waco was... um... not quite the same.
                  Jake told me that he has repeatedly offered to help out with the fries and figures you two can play afterwards so as to shed excess calories. Smart dog.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't like Five Guys. I found their burgers to be blah. And their fries to be a soggy greasy mess.

But maybe that is just the one around here. There is a similar place called Smash Burger that has better fries, but their burgers are horrible. As the name implies, they smash the burger while cooking it, leaving a dry patty that you almost choke on getting down.

I don't think I have eaten at a fast food burger place in months and that was only because I was on a road trip and needed to get something to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      That's why, the times I do eat fast food, that I prefer places like Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's or even a Wendy's over a McDonald's, Burger King or Taco Bell. I just spotted a Five Guys in an office park I pass coming home from work and plan on stopping to see what all the fuss is about.
                      Flamer's is pretty good, too. Like Five Guys, they cook the burger while you wait and you can add whatever toppings you want.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I thought Five Guys was...alright. If I want a fast-food burger, though, it'll probably be Hardee's.

But if I want a burger, Fuddruckers it is.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I thought Five Guys was...alright. If I want a fast-food burger, though, it'll probably be Hardee's.

Or Red Robin.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

The last few times I have been to Fuddruckers, the burger seemed dry - I DID love the fact that you could dress the burger the way you want, and I loved those thin sliced tomatoes. The last time, however, I got a burger, fries and a chocolate malt, and was pretty surprised how expensive it was. I could have had steak and baked potato for that price!

Comment

Or Red Robin.
                              I'll have to try Red Robin again - only been there once long ago, and if memory serves, I really liked it. I'm thinking, however, you need lots of napkins.

Comment