Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Planned Parenthood's New Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planned Parenthood's New Ad

Is Planned Parenthood just evil?

Link.

------

What does a baby deserve? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

So Planned Parenthood has a new ad out. It has a cute little baby smiling and giggling as babies do. All along words regularly pop up on the screen. I could tell you more, but hey, why not take less than a minute and watch the ad yourself?

At the start when watching, I was wondering what the point of this ad was. We are told the baby deserves to be wanted. The baby deserves to be loved. Yes. Who would dispute that? Then the third one, at least for me, gives a chill. She deserves to be a choice.

To deserve according to the dictionary means to be worthy of. With that, then we can say with the meme on the internet at the three things this baby deserves, one of them is not like the other. Something in the list just really doesn't belong.

Is Planned Parenthood saying that if the baby is not loved and not wanted supposedly, she should be a choice? But then that doesn't fit. If she is not loved and not wanted, why change the last one then to "She is a choice."? If she is loved and she is wanted, why should she be a choice?

Let's also acknowledge something. Abortion activists have been telling us that this is not a baby for so long. What is in the womb is a fetus. This ad dispels the myth. Planned Parenthood is, at last, acknowledging that these are babies. Good on them at least for that! It's still wicked and evil, but hopefully, confession is the path to recovery.

Sadly, I'm skeptical of that. I think PP knows very well that these are babies. They just don't care. The problem with these babies is that they may deserve to be loved and wanted, and they are, but they also get in the way of our sex lives and our careers and well, we can't have that now can we?

This ad is also unclear. This is a baby that is not in the womb. Does this mean that infanticide is now okay? Is the baby always a choice? Can she be a choice when she is outside of the womb?

I have no intention of holding back. PP is just an evil organization. When we read our Old Testaments and read about the Canaanites that Israel drove out, we need to realize we are worse than they were. They sacrificed their children to be sure, but usually, they did it for something like the good of the harvest for the community. When we do it, we do it at the altar of convenience.

Years ago I was at an apologetics conference where Chuck Colson was speaking and he said that if you are a Christian who supports abortion, you really need to check on the status of your faith. He got a standing ovation and sadly that surprised him because usually, that statement was quite controversial. Perhaps it is, but I agree with it.

Perhaps in the future PP might be even more straightforward. We can hope. My fear is that if they are, our society would have reached such a place of immorality that they still won't care.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

I think the ad fails. Anyone decent looking into that baby's eyes would not be able to make the "choice" to snuff out it's life. The baby puts the lie to the words.

She deserves to be ALIVE.

Comment

I really think this is one of the dumbest moves PP has made. I hope it severely shoots them in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
        I really think this is one of the dumbest moves PP has made. I hope it severely shoots them in the foot.
        anyone looking at that ad would have a very hard time saying she isn't a human being who deserves to live. I think God steps in sometimes and makes the enemy make some incredible goofs to hobble their attempts at evil.

Comment

I sent that to my Pregnancy Center people for comment.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            anyone looking at that ad would have a very hard time saying she isn't a human being who deserves to live. I think God steps in sometimes and makes the enemy make some incredible goofs to hobble their attempts at evil.
            I call that "the gift of stupid".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

God loves and wants those babies. But I don't think He wants people to murder them so they end up with Divine child services. If He wills for that child to already be with Him, they will be. Humans shouldn't reject their young like animals!
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I don't think this was done by PP, but some other pro-choice group (AP Action Fund). Still, really terrible ad...at least, terrible at achieving their "Stand with PP" goal.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

And someone actually let their child be used in that video...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Unwanted children: better off dead.

#StandwithPP

Comment

"She deserves to be a ... choice" is one of the dumbest things... like she has a CHOICE about being a choice.....

Comment

It's weird how such an obviously pro-choice group made such a poignant pro-life ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          It's weird how such an obviously pro-choice group made such a poignant pro-life ad.

EGGzackly!

Comment

It is pure evil.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

If self-awareness is a requirement for personhood, then the clumps of cells over at AP Action Fund fail that test.

Comment