Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Evangelicals are paying high moral price for anti-abortion gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    CP might have been right about it being a broad brush tho.
    Oh...thought it was a squeegee. That makes sense!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      It's all true. It's more of the liberal Christian mindset that has infested the church with their conflating social justice issues with moral issues.
      "Social justice" quote often has nothing at all to do with actual justice.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        It's all true. It's more of the liberal Christian mindset that has infested the church with their conflating social justice issues with moral issues.
        Issues of justice (IOW, righteousness) in society are not moral issues ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
          Issues of justice (IOW, righteousness) in society are not moral issues ?
          Matters that are labeled "social justice" are more often than not... not righteous.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            I just read this interesting article and it put some very strong words on what I have been thinking quite many times when visiting tweb. Initially one would think that there could not be a price too high to pay for anti-abortion, but if you read it end to end you will see that his point is that basically Evangelicals today are selling out the basic teachings of Jesus in order to possible gain what would not help children but put women in danger.

Let's look at some interesting quotes:
            I did not read the article. The quotes given were enough to convince me that it was of little to no value.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I just read this interesting article and it put some very strong words on what I have been thinking quite many times when visiting tweb. Initially one would think that there could not be a price too high to pay for anti-abortion, but if you read it end to end you will see that his point is that basically Evangelicals today are selling out the basic teachings of Jesus in order to possible gain what would not help children but put women in danger.

Let's look at some interesting quotes:
              smiley yawn.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                That's a pretty heavy ad hom.
                More like a dead on target assessment.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Yes. In trying to attract the world, they become more and more like it and the gospel is changed or lost completely in the process.
                  It reminds me of when my brother said he was interested in attending church again but made it clear he would look for more of a social club church rather than one that was bound up with all that religious stuff

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    It reminds me of when my brother said he was interested in attending church again but made it clear he would look for more of a social club church rather than one that was bound up with all that religious stuff
                    Back around 9/11 I attended a liberal UCC church, there were two temporary pastors at different times. Neither of then believed that Christ was resurrected, it was a metaphor. A metaphor for what I asked one - crickets...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Back around 9/11 I attended a liberal UCC church, there were two temporary pastors at different times. Neither of then believed that Christ was resurrected, it was a metaphor. A metaphor for what I asked one - crickets...
                      Those are folks who need to find another vocation.

Comment

The words from Christ about a millstone being tied around their neck comes to mind.

Comment

No, they get good pensions from the UCC.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This article makes a great argument that liberals should support an overturning of Roe v. Wade. If the sticking point of abortion is removed from the federal level and reverted back to the states (as an overturning would accomplish), then there's less incentive for evangelicals to vote Republican for congress/senate/president.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              This article makes a great argument that liberals should support an overturning of Roe v. Wade. If the sticking point of abortion is removed from the federal level and reverted back to the states (as an overturning would accomplish), then there's less incentive for evangelicals to vote Republican for congress/senate/president.
                              I was raised in a Catholic Democrat family. I only voted for one Republican, in 1972, then not again to 1994. And that was because of social issues, abortion, gay rights, the sexual revolution in general, largely supported by the left. But concerning those cultural questions we will never again find a home in the Democratic party.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                There would be an incentive to keep the court. If Rs can undo RvW, Ds can just as easily redo it. After all, the issue is more about power than it is abortion. We've had 45 years of evangelicals supporting R pro-abortion policy to show it.

Comment