Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Silence and Stress

  1. #21
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,453
    Amen (Given)
    1098
    Amen (Received)
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    TMD* causes me to have ringing ears. Some kind of distraction lessens the annoying factor.

    *Often called TMJ.
    I don't know the source of my tinnitus, but yeah, external noise helps counter it.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  2. #22
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,484
    Amen (Given)
    18055
    Amen (Received)
    3537
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I don't know the source of my tinnitus, but yeah, external noise helps counter it.
    Lots of different possibilities, including something simple like ear wax buildup near your ear drum.

  3. #23
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,432
    Amen (Given)
    4485
    Amen (Received)
    20693
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Lots of different possibilities, including something simple like ear wax buildup near your ear drum.
    I worked without hearing protection on some very loud ultrasonic cleaning machines when I was younger.

  4. #24
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,484
    Amen (Given)
    18055
    Amen (Received)
    3537
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I worked without hearing protection on some very loud ultrasonic cleaning machines when I was younger.
    That would definitely do it. Depending on the cause Tinnitus can be treated. It seems that about all you can do if it's because of loud noises is getting something like a white noise machine to help mask the sound.

  5. #25
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,432
    Amen (Given)
    4485
    Amen (Received)
    20693
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    That would definitely do it. Depending on the cause Tinnitus can be treated. It seems that about all you can do if it's because of loud noises is getting something like a white noise machine to help mask the sound.
    but then you have a bunch of white noise in your ears. To me that's the same thing. My tinnitus is kind of like a high pitched hissing sound.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •