Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pastor: Go Put On Man's Clothes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor: Go Put On Man's Clothes...

I love this guy!

Chicago pastor asks man in drag to leave church, ‘go put on man clothes.’ He’s not sorry...

A Chicago pastor who asked a man dressed in drag to leave a worship service because he was dressed like a woman stands by his actions after coming under fire.

A Facebook video of the Sunday night encounter shows Antonio Rocquemore of Power House International Ministries asking the unidentified man to step out into the aisle.

“Can you leave my church and go put on man clothes? And don’t come here like that no more,” Rocquemore can be seen telling the man in the video, posted by Christian James Lhuillier.

“i hold a standard in here. Whatever you do on the outside is your business, but I will not let drag queens come in here. If you’re gonna come in here you’re gonna dress like a man.”

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nati...221698660.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Let the hate begin!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Let the hate begin!
      I used to have a lesbian couple sitting in front of me in church. They were constantly showing affection, kissing and such. My pastor said they could stay but stop the show of affection - they didn't come back.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I often wonder if these situations arise on purpose, because the people want to cause uncomfortable feelings in a church.

Just like some of them on purpose go to a Christian-owned business.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I often wonder if these situations arise on purpose, because the people want to cause uncomfortable feelings in a church.

Yep...

Comment

Deuteronomy 22:5?

I think a pastor has the right to set the dress and conduct code in his church.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Bigot!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Bigot!
                Are you calling me fat? I am a littleot.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

The young homosexual man in Austin who testified FOR the Pastor Protection bill said that's exactly why he was voting "for" --- because some of his low-life colleagues were organizing to do just that - to visit local churches and make a scene to try to get thrown out, and/or to request the Church as a venue for their "wedding".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jesus commands us to be loving, but he doesn't command us to be "tolerant".
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Or stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Once I was already in the pulpit when I saw a young man come in the back door wearing a baseball cap, and I was pretty concerned that one of my well-meaning deacons would approach him and tell him to remove his cap indoors. I was relieved that nobody did, cause I knew this kid, and he was a cancer survivor who was concerned about his fuzzy bald head. I was proud of our people for accepting him as he was.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          I used to have a lesbian couple sitting in front of me in church. They were constantly showing affection, kissing and such. My pastor said they could stay but stop the show of affection - they didn't come back.
                          I can't imagine most people being ok with a husband and wife "constantly" showing affection during church. Definitely sounds like they were trying to cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                            I can't imagine most people being ok with a husband and wife "constantly" showing affection during church. Definitely sounds like they were trying to cause problems.
                            EGGzackly. That kind of PDA has no place in Church.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              More than anything else in modern culture, I hate the way "tolerance" has been twisted to mean unquestioned agreement. I am willing to tolerate a lot, but only if that doesn't also mean support, agree with, or participate in... as it so often does. Man wants to wear a dress, fine, but I'm not obligated to tell him he looks pretty.

Comment