Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

God in Ancient China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God in Ancient China

I haven't seen this all the way through, but the content is interesting.

I should have mentioned earlier that this video shows details of the Chinese language tied in with the events of Genesis.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      but the content is interesting.
      OK, interesting. Can you give us any reason to consider it believable?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Shaver View Post
        OK, interesting. Can you give us any reason to consider it believable?
        Good. 'Interesting' is a very good start here.

This pastor is more knowledgeable on the language than I am.

Comment

I watch about half of it, very interesting!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I forwarded the link to one of my missionary friends who specializes in Chinese culture at our Foreign Missions Board.

She hasn't really examined it, but at first pass said it's interesting, but there are several places right off the bat where it appears the 'explanation' is a bit forced.

She promised to look at again after Thanksgiving, but said there's a lot of truth in it. I think she's saying that we sometimes come across a discovery, then begin to view everything through that lens.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I forwarded the link to one of my missionary friends who specializes in Chinese culture at our Foreign Missions Board.

She hasn't really examined it, but at first pass said it's interesting, but there are several places right off the bat where it appears the 'explanation' is a bit forced.

She promised to look at again after Thanksgiving, but said there's a lot of truth in it. I think she's saying that we sometimes come across a discovery, then begin to view everything through that lens.
              Cool. Thanks. I could expect some over optimistic interpretations.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Let us know!
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Let us know!
                  Yeah, I found it pretty interesting. I'll follow up after Thanksgiving.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here's two more discussions on China related to the Bible record. I've just watched the first one but wanted to include the second one at this moment.

1.Chinese History and the bible by Steven Liu

2.Hidden Codes in Chinese Characters by Steven Liu

Comment