Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

In Democratic circles, anti-Semitism is becoming normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    ...If you don't wish to understand the intended meaning of the speaker, then you won't get it...
    Every once in a while you slip up and say something true and self-indicting.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They can have somewhat the same meaning, and they can also have completely different meanings. If you don't wish to understand the intended meaning of the speaker, then you won't get it. You can be a patriot, without being a nationalist. Do you acknowledge that? If you do then your on your way to understanding Marcon's message to Trump and those influenced by his form of nationalism.
      Feel free to supply us with support for a "completely different meaning" Jim.

Go on, I'll wait.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Feel free to supply us with support for a "completely different meaning" Jim.

Go on, I'll wait.
        Ya know, I really find it difficult to believe that you guys can't comprehend what Marcon was saying. Perhaps if you actually go back and read his speech you won't need someone to explain to you what he meant by nationalism and how it differs from patriotism. Tell me OBP, do you think that one can be a patriot without being a nationalist, can you love your country without thinking that it amongst all countries is all that matters? I think you all know what Marcon meant, you just like to play dumb for some reason.

Comment

They can have somewhat the same meaning, and they can also have completely different meanings. If you don't wish to understand the intended meaning of the speaker, then you won't get it. You can be a patriot, without being a nationalist. Do you acknowledge that? If you do then your on your way to understanding Marcon's message to Trump and those influenced by his form of nationalism.
          Marcon was either depending on ignorance and gullibility on the part of those who heard him as he attempted an outrageous bluff or else he is just as dumb as a post.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ya know, I really find it difficult to believe that you guys can't comprehend what Marcon was saying. Perhaps if you actually go back and read his speech you won't need someone to explain to you what he meant by nationalism and how it differs from patriotism. Tell me OBP, do you think that one can be a patriot without being a nationalist, can you love your country without thinking that it amongst all countries is all that matters? I think you all know what Marcon meant, you just like to play dumb for some reason.
            We're talking about what he said whereas you are talking about what you wanted him to say.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              We're talking about what he said whereas you are talking about what you wanted him to say.
              Jimmy's special. He always hears and sees things nobody else does. They have meds for that.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                More Drama from the Queen.
                "Queen, Slang : Disparaging and Offensive. A contemptuous term used to refer to a male homosexual, especially one who is flamboyantly campy or effeminate. drag queen": Dictionary.com

Is this what you mean? Your sneering, substance-free offensiveness in lieu of rational discussion is growing beyond reasonable bounds. Although it certainly reveals your inadequacies as a decent human being.
                Last edited by Tassman; 11-18-2018, 08:15 AM.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

And the Muslims suddenly have an interest in Jerusalem even though it is never mentioned in the Quran. (Though, a local Muslim explained to me that Jerusalem really IS in the Quran because a number of prophets in the Quran had "links" there.
                  Ignorant fool. Muhammad's night journey also known as al-Isra and Laylat al-Miraj. Refers to the journey made by Muhammad from the Great Mosque in Mecca to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem on a winged horselike creature known as Buraq, followed by Muhammad's ascension into heaven. Briefly mentioned in the Quran ( 17:1 ) but known primarily through hadith. During the journey, Muhammad traveled with Gabriel to see everything in heaven and earth and then to the Temple in Jerusalem, where he met with Abraham , Moses , Jesus , and other prophets there and led them in prayer...The Night Journey made Jerusalem the third holiest city in Islam and affirmed the continuity of Islam with Judaism and Christianity".

http://www.oxfordislamicstudies.com/...opr/t125/e1752

Not unlike Paul's journey to the Third Heaven referred to by him in 2 Corinthians. shouldn't you say?
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    "Queen, Slang : Disparaging and Offensive. A contemptuous term used to refer to a male homosexual, especially one who is flamboyantly campy or effeminate. drag queen": Dictionary.com

Is this what you mean? Your sneering, substance-free offensiveness in lieu of rational discussion is growing beyond reasonable bounds. Although it certainly reveals your inadequacies as a decent human being.
                    So, I should be nicer to you, eh?

Comment

Ignorant fool.
                      Perhaps this is your Drama Queen way of demonstrating how to be nice?

Comment

Merriam-Webster

drama queen
                        noun

Definition of drama queen

: a person given to often excessively emotional performances or reactions

Giving an Urban Dictionary style "definition" of only one of the words in "Drama Queen" would be an excellent example of "a person given to often excessively emotional performances or reactions".

That part pretty much seals the deal.

Comment

Jimmy's special. He always hears and sees things nobody else does. They have meds for that.
                          Both that can cause it and treat it. I think it is safe to say if anything jimmy is on the former. Maybe it's prescription pot that he puts in his bong

Comment

Ignorant fool. Muhammad's night journey also known as al-Isra and Laylat al-Miraj. Refers to the journey made by Muhammad from the Great Mosque in Mecca to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem on a winged horselike creature known as Buraq, followed by Muhammad's ascension into heaven. Briefly mentioned in the Quran ( 17:1 ) but known primarily through hadith. During the journey, Muhammad traveled with Gabriel to see everything in heaven and earth and then to the Temple in Jerusalem, where he met with Abraham , Moses , Jesus , and other prophets there and led them in prayer...The Night Journey made Jerusalem the third holiest city in Islam and affirmed the continuity of Islam with Judaism and Christianity".

http://www.oxfordislamicstudies.com/...opr/t125/e1752

Not unlike Paul's journey to the Third Heaven referred to by him in 2 Corinthians. shouldn't you say?
                            I believe that I more than adequately demonstrated that Al Aqsa could not have been Jerusalem back on post #40.

Comment

Given the continued use of the term "Drama Queen" in these threads to describe opposition to Trump as being an 'over the top' reaction to what in their current state of mind appears to be simply boorish behavior, I would say there was no intent to reference anything beyond that. IOW, he's saying your the 'Queen of drama queens'.

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I believe that I more than adequately demonstrated that Al Aqsa could not have been Jerusalem back on post #40.
                                You dun a fine job, Bro.

Comment