Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Interaction Problem Involving the Soul and Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    No, what we were discussing was your incorrect claim that 95% of people (later amended to a majority of people) believed in Jesus as depicted in the bible. This is not so. Whilst many people of all faiths (and none) accept that a charismatic, nomadic preacher/healer called Jesus possibly existed, the vast majority do not
    Here is the discussion:

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    I don't.
    Lots! The Norse god Wotan (after whom Wednesday is named) frequently wandered the earth causing all sorts of mischief.
    So was Wotan in the minds of his believers. All gods have had their adherents. There's no verifiable evidence that any of them are true.
    Not even non-christians or archeologists think that Jesus was a myth. Only you nutcase new age atheists.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post612507

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Not even non-christians or archeologists think that Jesus was a myth. Only you nutcase new age atheists.
    Many, I would say most, non-christians or archeologists believe that the Jesus as depicted in the bible is a myth, Sparko. The naive do believe it though.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post612886

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Many, I would say most, non-christians or archeologists believe that the Jesus as depicted in the bible is a myth, Sparko. The naive do believe it though.
    Oh you mean the 95% of humanity?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post613006

So you can keep trying to move the goal posts and repeatedly change the narrative of what was actually said, but you can't go back and change the actual record which anyone can go back and read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Here is the discussion:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post612507

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post612886

Oh you mean the 95% of humanity?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post613006

So you can keep trying to move the goal posts and repeatedly change the narrative of what was actually said, but you can't go back and change the actual record which anyone can go back and read.
      The bottom line is that you claimed the vast majority of people worldwide accept the Jesus of the bible and you are wrong. The vast majority of people worldwide do NOT accept the bodily resurrecting god/man Jesus of the bible.

Comment

The bottom line is that you claimed the vast majority of people worldwide accept the Jesus of the bible and you are wrong. The vast majority of people worldwide do NOT accept the bodily resurrecting god/man Jesus of the bible.
        I am sure even you notice the difference in your first sentence of what I claimed most people accept and your second sentence of what people don't accept. That is called moving the goal posts.

You are such a dishonest troll, Tassy. Doesn't that bother you? Do you enjoy deception and mischaracterization of other people? Are you that much of a reprobate?

Comment

I am sure even you notice the difference in your first sentence of what I claimed most people accept and your second sentence of what people don't accept. That is called moving the goal posts.
          You are such a dishonest troll, Tassy. Doesn't that bother you? Do you enjoy deception and mischaracterization of other people? Are you that much of a reprobate?
          This is simply not the case.
          Last edited by Tassman; 02-25-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• It is the case, Tassman. You are a dishonest hack. A troll. Your debating skills are worse than a 3 year old. You merely repeat yourself over and over as if repetition equal fact. It doesn't. You have changed what I and JimL were discussing and burning a straw man. I never claimed that 95% of people (later amended to a majority) believed Jesus was God or was resurrected. Yet since that is what you insist I said. Please show me where I claimed that.

Comment

It is the case, Tassman. You are a dishonest hack. A troll. Your debating skills are worse than a 3 year old. You merely repeat yourself over and over as if repetition equal fact. It doesn't. You have changed what I and JimL were discussing and burning a straw man. I never claimed that 95% of people (later amended to a majority) believed Jesus was God or was resurrected. Yet since that is what you insist I said. Please show me where I claimed that.
              In that case there was no point in making your '95% believe' comment at all. The elements that make Jesus special to Christians, i.e. the mythical aspects, are NOT believed by the majority of people in the world at all. Certainly many believe that an itinerant preacher called Jesus existed. So what does that prove?

Comment

In that case there was no point in making your '95% believe' comment at all. The elements that make Jesus special to Christians, i.e. the mythical aspects, are NOT believed by the majority of people in the world at all. Certainly many believe that an itinerant preacher called Jesus existed. So what does that prove?
                We were discussing people who think Jesus never existed and was a myth. My point was that most of the people on planet Earth believe Jesus not only existed but that he was as described in the bible. They might not believe he resurrected and is God, but most people in most religions on Earth believe that he was as described in the bible, even to being a Messiah and doing miracles.

Comment

We were discussing people who think Jesus never existed and was a myth. My point was that most of the people on planet Earth believe Jesus not only existed but that he was as described in the bible. They might not believe he resurrected and is God... .

Comment

• They do. I already showed that to you. The bible describes a lot more about Jesus than just his resurrection. If they did believe Jesus was God, then they would be Christians, wouldn't they? They believe everything else though, which the bible describes about his life, which was my claim and which JimL denied.

Your insistent blathering trying to change the facts isn't working.

Comment

They do. I already showed that to you. The bible describes a lot more about Jesus than just his resurrection. If they did believe Jesus was God, then they would be Christians, wouldn't they?
                      Exactly. So, unless you are saying that Jesus as described in the bible is not God, the two thirds of the people on this planet who are not Christian do NOT believe in Jesus as described in the bible.
                      Last edited by Tassman; 02-28-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Computers are a VERY bad example to use in conjunction with natural selection. Computers were CREATED. WE directed their development...they were not arrived at by blind blundering.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Computers are a VERY bad example to use in conjunction with natural selection. Computers were CREATED. WE directed their development...they were not arrived at by blind blundering.
                          Programs on the other hand ...
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Programs on the other hand ...
                            I believe Charles Babbage and Lady Lovelace would sneer at efforts to compare their work to natural selection

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              I believe Charles Babbage and Lady Lovelace would sneer at efforts to compare their work to natural selection
                              Their work, true. But Charles and Ada died before computer science became a university subject.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• I'm sorry....we created computers (and I include all components of programs thereof). It did not come out as a result of accidents of nature.

Comment