Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Interaction Problem Involving the Soul and Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    You made the assertion that no one believes that life and evolution was inevitable, and I presented at least 4 or 5 reference in the articles that support this, and I can present more. You persist in 'arguing from ignorance,' and just simply denying science based on a religious agenda. Moving the goal posts does not help your case. The inevitability of life and evolution is based on the environment. The scientists cited involve our earth and it's history, which they support the science that life and evolution on our earth was inevitable. Where ever in the universe that a planet with a suitable environment exists, life and evolution will exist.
    First, I said that no one believes that humans had to evolve as we did or at all. It was not inevitable, nor was it inevitable that earth would have the right conditions to support life. And as my last link showed from the New Science article there were a lot of purely chance events that made humans as we are.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      First, I said that no one believes that humans had to evolve as we did or at all. It was not inevitable, nor was it inevitable that earth would have the right conditions to support life. And as my last link showed from the New Science article there were a lot of purely chance events that made humans as we are.
      IT is environment dependent for all evolution whether on this planet or any other planet in the universe. Natural LAws and environment are the determining factors, and natural laws determine which planet has the suitable environment for abiogenesis and evolution
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        No-one believes that life on earth was inevitable. Life has NOT arisen one most planets in the universe, but it has developed on Earth and the mechanism was the Evolutionary process. This is supported by considerable evidence and not in doubt. Your argument is a straw-man in defense of an imaginary creator deity.
        I have cited a number of scientists that propose as I do abiogenesis and evolution are inevitable given the environment suitable for abiogenesis and evolution. The important evidence for this is when extinction events occur, forms of life return very very similar as before dependent on the environment.

The conclusion is clear that abiogenesis and evolution are inevitable when the suitable environment exists, and abiogenesis and evolution are environment driven.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-09-2019, 02:25 PM.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

IT is environment dependent for all evolution whether on this planet or any other planet in the universe. Natural LAws and environment are the determining factors, and natural laws determine which planet has the suitable environment for abiogenesis and evolution
          I was speaking of the conditions for life earth Shuny and human life, neither were inevitable.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I have cited a number of scientists that propose as I do abiogenesis and evolution are inevitable given the environment suitable for abiogenesis and evolution. The important evidence for this is when extinction events occur, forms of life return very very similar as before dependent on the environment.

The conclusion is clear that abiogenesis and evolution are inevitable when the suitable environment exists, and abiogenesis and evolution are environment driven.
            I am not contradicting you. As I said: "we are the naturally occurring evolutionary response to a suitable environment". But life is not "inevitable" on planets (the majority) that lack the necessary suitable environment.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              I am not contradicting you. As I said: "we are the naturally occurring evolutionary response to a suitable environment". But life is not "inevitable" on planets (the majority) that lack the necessary suitable environment.
              Your previous posts did not make that clear, mine did concerning 'inevitable when the suitable environment exists.'

Frank

Comment

Your previous posts did not make that clear, mine did concerning 'inevitable when the suitable environment exists.'
                I made it clear that human life did not have to evolve as it did, or at all - it did not have to happen as it did, it was not inevitable. There was a good deal of randomness involved as the New Scientist article I linked showed. And it was also not inevitable that earth would have the conditions necessarily for evolution. More randomness...

Comment

I made it clear that human life did not have to evolve as it did, or at all - it did not have to happen as it did, it was not inevitable. There was a good deal of randomness involved as the New Scientist article I linked showed. And it was also not inevitable that earth would have the conditions necessarily for evolution. More randomness...
                  As far as an unbiased perspective, why does human evolution have to be inevitable?

You did say: "Shuny, no one believes that life on earth was inevitable, . . . "

I did not say the evolution of humans was inevitable. I said, "abiogenesis and evolution was inevitable."

I also support that our evolution is environment driven, and a product of the Laws of Nature. Human evolution does not have to inevitable to be based on the Laws of NAture and the environment.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-10-2019, 11:33 AM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post
                    DesertBerean Computers are created based on nature's laws(especially based on the human body) All we did was "mimick" it into something totally new.
                    Uh, no.

that is what is known as "rationalizing" and trying to come up with analogies after the fact.

and you obviously know nothing about electronics or how computers came about.

Comment

I already shoot down your use of randomness from the scientific perspective, but you persist. I will cite how you are misrepresenting the use of chance too from the science perspective. Your unfortunate us of randomness and chance using a layman's understanding, a religious agenda, and no basis in science continues to be an unresolved problem.

Frank

Comment

As far as an unbiased perspective, why does human evolution have to be inevitable?

You did say: "Shuny, no one believes that life on earth was inevitable, . . . "
                        Of course that is true, no one thinks that it was inevitable, no one thinks that earth had to have the conditions necessary for life.

I did not say the evolution of humans was inevitable. I said, "abiogenesis and evolution was inevitable."
                        Good so you agree that there was randomness in our evolutionary history...

Comment

Of course that is true, no one thinks that it was inevitable, no one thinks that earth had to have the conditions necessary for life.
                          I already stated that the abiogenesis and evolution was inevitable base don the suitability of the environment. The history of the earth has a suitable environment therefore abiogenesis and evolution was inevitable. Every planet in the universe with a suitable environment will have the abiogenesis and evolution of life. The cause of the planet with a suitable environment for life is based on the Laws of Nature.

Good so you agree that there was randomness in our evolutionary history...
                          No, as referenced randomness only can be applied to the randomness of one event, like the throw of a dice. It does not apply to evolutionary history beyond the randomness of an event.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-11-2019, 08:55 PM.

Frank

Comment

No, as referenced randomness only can be applied to the randomness of one event, like the throw of a dice. It does not apply to evolutionary history beyond the randomness of an event.
                            Thankfully Shuny neither of us believe in randomness since we both believe that God created man. No roll of the dice here...

Comment

Thankfully Shuny neither of us believe in randomness since we both believe that God created man. No roll of the dice here...
                              A very separate issue from misrepresenting science to justify an agenda, as you do concerning the science of abiogenesis and evolution misusing well established math concepts of randomness and chance as used in science.

Frank

Comment

A very separate issue from misrepresenting science to justify an agenda, as you do concerning the science of abiogenesis and evolution misusing well established math concepts of randomness and chance as used in science.
                                What are you talking about Shuny? You believe that God created man, so nature alone did not do this; there was intent and control by God.

Comment