Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Youtube is rewriting users comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube is rewriting users comments

An interesting bug has been caught by this youtuber, who is seeing the comments he's posting being altered on submission.

I already try not to use YouTube, now I'm going to try harder...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I do not use Youtube
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I watch the videos do not comment on them usually.

Comment

I use Youtube, but almost never leave comments. Interesting observation.

Comment

From what I've read in the comments from that video, that might happen if you're using a VPN that makes your IP look like it comes from another country. That being said, apparently YT has also been caught immediately demonetizing videos after they were uploaded so it's entirely possible Google is being skeevy.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I use YT a lot. So far, no probs with my posts being re-written.

Comment

The CEO of Reddit was caught personally doing this to user comments in a pro-Trump subreddit awhile back.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  The CEO of Reddit was caught personally doing this to user comments in a pro-Trump subreddit awhile back.
                  Yeah, Spez, wasn't it? And it was to user comments in r/The_Donald, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    Yeah, Spez, wasn't it? And it was to user comments in r/The_Donald, I think.
                    Yep. He admitted it.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Would you have a link for that?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Would you have a link for that?
                        His confession message contains the F word and seems to be replicated in every source I'm finding. Search for "spez editing comments".

Comment

His confession message contains the F word and seems to be replicated in every source I'm finding. Search for "spez editing comments".

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This would definitely be a solution for everything.

Comment