Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Skeptical response to Bart Ehrman's book in the historical Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The problem with restaurant coffee (not only McDonald's) it is often highly heated, the worst fate of any coffee, and not always as fresh as claimed. Coffee should not be cooked. I consider these commercial coffees mediocre.
    The proof is in the tasting, I would say, but....
    Maybe you're right. The coffee is so hot I have to sip it very slowly. I'm treasuring every little bit I can take without scalding my lips. So maybe it does not really taste all that great, I'm really impressed with being careful with the heat.
    Yes, all of us White people came out of Africa some decades of millennia ago, where coffee was our Mother's milk. We couldn't conquer the world until we got back to our roots and started drinking coffee about 400 years ago. Or was it all the tea, which also contains lots of caffeine? (Maybe it was the tobacco, and our current losses of most of our colonies stems from the lack of the steadfast resolve that nicotine gave us.)
    In fond memory of Robrecht,
    Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Would you kindly quit shamelessly begging for attention and get back to the topic (here and elsewhere)?
      You forgot to add the "smiley"
      Golly, is the new-fangled doctrine of the Rapture of the Church so sacrosanct that Christians of the old opinions can't exercise any sense of humor at this opportunity? Don't you agree that it was fun to take advantage of the (1) time switch to standard instead of daylight messing up computer systems, (2) coincidence of the day being "All Saints Day" or "Dios Muertos" = "Day of the Dead", and (3) the Rapture doctrine that does happen to jibe with the latter (except that the True Believers--Rapturists-not-mere-Futurists like me--tend to be so arch-Protestant that All Saints Day is sort of an abomination, particularly in conjunction with the just-preceding Hallowe'en = All Hallows Eve}.
      So, in the words of my generation, give me "Forty lashes with a wet noodle!"
      Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
        I'm getting more and more twisted in knots trying to explain the Rapture that's happening around us.
        Sam still hasn't shown up, in spite of not being a Believer.
        What makes sense to me is the continued absence of Robrecht.
        Truly,
        EXTRA ECCLESIAM NULLA SALUS
        Or something like that in Pig Latin or whatever.
        Meaning,
        "Outside the (Roman Catholic) Church No one is Saved"
        Guess he showed you, Shuny?
        Not so bad. I like Mark Twain's description of hell, neat place!
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Would you kindly quit shamelessly begging for attention and get back to the topic (here and elsewhere)?
          The thread was raptured on ALL Saints Day along with whatever. Fortunately they left the good coffee behind with me.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree.
            If Robrecht turns out to be here after all, it'll be because he's so Earthbound like the rest of us coffee-drinkers.

Comment

Sorry, is your coffee getting cold? Did u find out yet Ehrman's coffee tastes and preparation procedures? Why were we skeptical of his caffeine preferences anyway?

I hope you have learned your lesson about going off coffee for months at a time. You missed half a year of this thread while you were Zombie-fied.
              Last edited by Adam; 11-03-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment