Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send mails about government business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    It actually does, since it also involves Secret Service travel plans. But again, since she is just family, she isn't culpable in the same way an employee or official is.
    Did she have to sign the acknowledgment that Hillary did?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It actually does, since it also involves Secret Service travel plans. But again, since she is just family, she isn't culpable in the same way an employee or official is.
      I didn't think of that.

OK back to HANGING!!!

Comment

Have you ever taken the DoD Cyber Security training?
        No, but it sounds interesting. I am currently reading CISSP. Very interesting stuff.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

But anyone seriously concerned about information security knows that either you don't share information with persons who have not been briefed on how to handle it appropriately or you instruct them on how to handle it. Those in the know should also know how to share information and with whom. And don't try to act like this is just a single mail:

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump’s repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit. That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f9d_story.html
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            No, but it sounds interesting. I am currently reading CISSP. Very interesting stuff.
            I have my CISSP. It is interesting. I enjoyed the breadth of knowledge it was requiring very much! The DoD training is not. It's horrible...

Just a sample...

untitled.jpg
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Did she have to sign the acknowledgment that Hillary did?
              No. Hillary had to take specific training that family members of appointees and elected officials don't.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I have my CISSP. It is interesting. I enjoyed the breadth of knowledge it was requiring very much! The DoD training is not. It's horrible...

Just a sample...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33161[/ATTACH]
                I can't evaluate it based on a picture. Anyway telling people how to treat information properly can and should be done in an inspiring way.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  Seriously? The daughter (and advisor) of the man who campaigned on the use of private email by his opponent uses private email for government business - and because it was "before the briefing," she is not culpable? Seriously?
                  Because there is a huge difference between a low-level staffer using private email to arrange schedules, and the freakin' Secretary of State willfully and illegally trafficking classified information on a private, unsecured, secret server. It's absurd to claim any sort of moral equivalence here.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No. Hillary had to take specific training that family members of appointees and elected officials don't.
                    IIRC she claimed that she had forgotten it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But anyone seriously concerned about information security knows that either you don't share information with persons who have not been briefed on how to handle it appropriately or you instruct them on how to handle it.
                      Again, transitions are notoriously difficult. Pinning someone's schedule down for hours at a time to do computer based training is difficult. Add the fact that she is only a family member, and not an employee, and you have this situation. And, as I said, the worst thing that can happen as a result is a reprimand, which she apparently got. End of story.

Those in the know should also know how to share information and with whom.
                      How can you inform someone to be somewhere without informing them?

And don't try to act like this is just a single mail:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f9d_story.html
                      You seem to be missing the point where they said "many of them in violation of federal records rules". And those have been explained in the article as family schedules. FOUO at best. Heck, you could have access to their domestic schedules with a FOIA request.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I can't evaluate it based on a picture. Anyway telling people how to treat information properly can and should be done in an inspiring way.
                        Perhaps they could start with the public school system.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The quality of graphics follows the quality of training. It's God-awful boring and frankly outdated. But interestingly enough, it's the exact training Hillary had to take every year.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            IIRC she claimed that she had forgotten it.
                            She may even have pointed to what BTC said (though I would disagree):

Transitions are always hectic. Things slip through the cracks - especially boring training.

Comment

You seem to be missing the point where they said "many of them in violation of federal records rules". And those have been explained in the article as family schedules. FOUO at best. Heck, you could have access to their domestic schedules with a FOIA request.
                              Some of the stuff that Hillary was passing through her server was classed so top secret even the FBI investigators weren't allowed to see what it was.

And then there was her coaching her staff on how to get around security protocols when sending stuff marked classified to her on her private server.

Comment

The quality of graphics follows the quality of training. It's God-awful boring and frankly outdated. But interestingly enough, it's the exact training Hillary had to take every year.
                                Then there is something wrong with the way you educate on the topic though that does not excuse Hillary.

Comment