Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Democrats Don't Know What to Make of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Besides, she's cute!
    I am telling your wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am telling your wife!
      She knows. She laughs at me.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

“One of the things that we discovered about ourselves is that a very, very long time ago, generations and generations ago, my family consisted of Sephardic Jews,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

I demand DNA tests!!!!

But she's cute.
        Hey she has Mexican ancestry so she is probably part Nephite which came from Israel!

Comment

Hey she has Mexican ancestry so she is probably part Nephite which came from Israel!
          Or maybe she made a Night Flight there!!!

But she's cute.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I thought she was Puerto Rican?
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Yeah. and I was wrong anyway. The mormons believe the Nephites had pure and delightsome white skin. The dreaded evil Lamanites had dark skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Racist Pirate!!!

She's still cute.

Comment

Or maybe she made a Night Flight there!!!

But she's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    What she said can be interpreted as "unemployment is low because people have bad jobs" given her following statements, which is correct.
                    That was not what she said Moreover, the period of when so many folks were forced to get two part time jobs[1] in order to make ends meet was during the previous Administration.

1. In large part due to the government redefining full time down to 30 hrs/week and massively increasing regulations and responsibilities for those hiring full time employees caused a lot of employers to only hire people part time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

OK, so much for the DNA test demand.

US congresswoman-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defended her claim she descends from Sephardic Jews who fled from the Spanish Inquisition to Puerto Rico, claiming her "culture isn't DNA."

In a series of Twitter posts on Monday, the Democrat, who was elected last month to represent and district in New York that includes parts of the Bronx and Queens, shed light on her comments from a Sunday party in which she said some of her family members were Sephardi Jews "a very long time ago, generations and generations ago."

"Before everyone jumps one me - yes, culture isn’t DNA," Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter. "But to be Puerto Rican is to be the descendant of: African Moors + slaves, Taino Indians, Spanish colonizers, Jewish refugees, and likely others. We are all of these things and something else all at once - we are Boricua."

Clarifying her comments, she explained, "Just because one concrete identity may not be how we think of ourselves today, nor how we were raised, it doesn’t mean we cannot or should not honor the ancestors + stories that got us here. I was raised Catholic, & that identity is an amalgam too - especially in Latin America."

Still, she's cute, Jewish or not.

ETA: From that same article...

Ocasio-Cortez is from the Bronx, New York. At the age 29, she will become the youngest member ever to serve in the US Congress when she takes office in January 2019. In July, she accused Israel of a “massacre” of Palestinians, but then said she is not an expert on foreign policy. She also expressed support for a two-state solution, but later backtracked after criticism from far-left circles.

She's still cute.
                      Sounds like someone informed her how DNA test results really backfired for another prominent Democrat making "interesting" claims (a certain faux Native American known as Spreading Bull), hence the "culture isn't DNA" dodge.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Sounds like someone informed her how DNA test results really backfired for another prominent Democrat making "interesting" claims (a certain faux Native American known as Spreading Bull), hence the "culture isn't DNA" dodge.
                        How!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          That was not what she said Moreover, the period of when so many folks were forced to get two part time jobs[1] in order to make ends meet was during the previous Administration.

1. In large part due to the government redefining full time down to 30 hrs/week and massively increasing regulations and responsibilities for those hiring full time employees caused a lot of employers to only hire people part time.
                          The sentence before was "You look at the figure and say oh, unemployment is low, everything is fine." Her sentence after was "Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week, and can barely feed their kids." Context is important.

Don't know why you're "but Obama"-ing this either, she didn't single out an administration.

Comment

The sentence before was "You look at the figure and say oh, unemployment is low, everything is fine." Her sentence after was "Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week, and can barely feed their kids." Context is important.

Don't know why you're "but Obama"-ing this either, she didn't single out an administration.
                            And she's cute.

Comment

And she's cute.
                              Too bad she is mental...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Her sentence after was "Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week, and can barely feed their kids." Context is important.
                                That's like saying, "Unemployment is low because everyone has jobs"

Comment