Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Democrats Don't Know What to Make of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Panic? You mistake amusement for panic.

I think she's cute.
    She's one of those gals that seems attractive until she opens her mouth and says something really stupid.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      1. Actually I'm a great deal more libertarian than I am conservative (unless you believe that test of yours which puts me into the left wing).
      The same test that pegged me as a centrist libertarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        She's one of those gals that seems attractive until she opens her mouth and says something really stupid.
        But she's stupid in such a cute way!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Kinda like how liberals are fixating on Trump's politically unorthodox management style while ignoring his many significant accomplishments as president?
          Narcissism isn't a management strategy, it's a personality disorder.

Comment

She is going to be the gift that keeps on giving

So far she hasn't produced much of what anyone could call substance because nearly every time she's tried she goes so far off the rails all you have left is the "flubs" (or what the left would call outright lies if Trump had said it). Case in point, when she tried to talk seriously about unemployment it was little but a series of screw ups most notably her claim that the reason it was down is because many Americans have two jobs.
            Even if* she makes flubs, her political positions are so much more important. Why should any mistake in words matter at all?

*"If" being a key word. For example, her supposed flub regarding unemployment was not actually inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              Even if* she makes flubs, her political positions are so much more important. Why should any mistake in words matter at all?

*"If" being a key word. For example, her supposed flub regarding unemployment was not actually inaccurate.
              Really? Do tell. Please elaborate on how folks having two jobs effects the unemployment rate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Idiotic Missile View Post
                Narcissism isn't a management strategy, it's a personality disorder.
                And you prove my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

You are right. She is a political genius. You guys should keep her in office for decades.

I mean it. She's a keeper! You guys need more like her!

Comment

Really? Do tell. Please elaborate on how folks having two jobs effects the unemployment rate.
                    What she said can be interpreted as "unemployment is low because people have bad jobs" given her following statements, which is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      You are right. She is a political genius. You guys should keep her in office for decades.

I mean it. She's a keeper! You guys need more like her!
                      Besides, she's cute!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Besides, she's cute!
                        And Jewish!
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          And Jewish!
                          “One of the things that we discovered about ourselves is that a very, very long time ago, generations and generations ago, my family consisted of Sephardic Jews,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

I demand DNA tests!!!!

But she's cute.

Comment

“One of the things that we discovered about ourselves is that a very, very long time ago, generations and generations ago, my family consisted of Sephardic Jews,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

I demand DNA tests!!!!

But she's cute.
                            OK, so much for the DNA test demand.

US congresswoman-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defended her claim she descends from Sephardic Jews who fled from the Spanish Inquisition to Puerto Rico, claiming her "culture isn't DNA."

In a series of Twitter posts on Monday, the Democrat, who was elected last month to represent and district in New York that includes parts of the Bronx and Queens, shed light on her comments from a Sunday party in which she said some of her family members were Sephardi Jews "a very long time ago, generations and generations ago."

"Before everyone jumps one me - yes, culture isn’t DNA," Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter. "But to be Puerto Rican is to be the descendant of: African Moors + slaves, Taino Indians, Spanish colonizers, Jewish refugees, and likely others. We are all of these things and something else all at once - we are Boricua."

Clarifying her comments, she explained, "Just because one concrete identity may not be how we think of ourselves today, nor how we were raised, it doesn’t mean we cannot or should not honor the ancestors + stories that got us here. I was raised Catholic, & that identity is an amalgam too - especially in Latin America."

Still, she's cute, Jewish or not.

ETA: From that same article...

Ocasio-Cortez is from the Bronx, New York. At the age 29, she will become the youngest member ever to serve in the US Congress when she takes office in January 2019. In July, she accused Israel of a “massacre” of Palestinians, but then said she is not an expert on foreign policy. She also expressed support for a two-state solution, but later backtracked after criticism from far-left circles.

She's still cute.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-10-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

OK, so much for the DNA test demand.

US congresswoman-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defended her claim she descends from Sephardic Jews who fled from the Spanish Inquisition to Puerto Rico, claiming her "culture isn't DNA."

In a series of Twitter posts on Monday, the Democrat, who was elected last month to represent and district in New York that includes parts of the Bronx and Queens, shed light on her comments from a Sunday party in which she said some of her family members were Sephardi Jews "a very long time ago, generations and generations ago."

"Before everyone jumps one me - yes, culture isn’t DNA," Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter. "But to be Puerto Rican is to be the descendant of: African Moors + slaves, Taino Indians, Spanish colonizers, Jewish refugees, and likely others. We are all of these things and something else all at once - we are Boricua."

Clarifying her comments, she explained, "Just because one concrete identity may not be how we think of ourselves today, nor how we were raised, it doesn’t mean we cannot or should not honor the ancestors + stories that got us here. I was raised Catholic, & that identity is an amalgam too - especially in Latin America."

Still, she's cute, Jewish or not.
                              And post-modern!
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                And post-modern!
                                Thanks for bringing this Jewishness to my attention, OBP - I hadn't heard that.

But THIS, sir, clenches it!!!

"I knew it! I sensed it!" she said, laughing.

That's even more solid than "I have highcheek bones"!

And she's cute.

Comment