Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Things not spoken into existence.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello sir. "...I and my Father are one...". This is what I have been speaking of. How it is that they are One. A like verse is "...a man in whom the fullness of God dwelt bodily...". God's Word being the fullness of the Father indwelling His only begotten Son... the man Jesus Christ.

May I ask where your interpretation came from? My view comes from above as I diligently seek Him who sent my Lord into the world. I hear His voice and need not a man to teach me. And so I testify of the things being formed in me as I abide in my Lord and He in me. In a real sense I can speak the same as Him saying "...I and my Lord are one...". I am finding, however, that this form of speach doesn't set well with most... though Jesus promised such a unity to them that believe.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Who is it claiming "special" knowledge? ....
    Pretty much you... right here...

...Word salad to ears that cannot hear what has been plainly spoken.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...one God ...in three persons ...existing in eternity past. The great Trinitarian deduction.

Who is it claiming "special" knowledge? Not I. Promised knowledge is what I have obtain by the working of my faith. God cannot be working in a man both to will and to do of His good pleasure without the man's cooperation.

You have an awesome day as well, Cow Poke.
    It's not "special knowledge", but logical deduction based on certain information.

The Father is God, Jesus is God*, the Holy Spirit is God.

The Father is not the same person as Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

There is only one true God.

Based on this information the only option that takes all of it into account is the Trinity.

*As He has repeatedly demonstrated, and claimed as such Himself.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello sir. "...I and my Father are one...". This is what I have been speaking of. How it is that they are One. A like verse is "...a man in whom the fullness of God dwelt bodily...". God's Word being the fullness of the Father indwelling His only begotten Son... the man Jesus Christ.
    If the fullness of God is in someone, they are God.

May I ask where your interpretation came from? My view comes from above as I diligently seek Him who sent my Lord into the world. I hear His voice and need not a man to teach me. And so I testify of the things being formed in me as I abide in my Lord and He in me. In a real sense I can speak the same as Him saying "...I and my Lord are one...". I am finding, however, that this form of speach doesn't set well with most... though Jesus promised such a unity to them that believe.
    No, you are not God, so you can't claim such unity for yourself. Jesus proved Himself to be one with the Father through miracles, most importantly the Resurrection.

None of this is special esoteric knowledge like you are claiming to have. You really need to go an look at the history of why the doctrine of the Trinity was formed, and what evidence it has.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    *As He has repeatedly demonstrated, and claimed as such Himself.
    So, who do you believe?

Jesus Jeff
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

6. Amen Cerebrum123, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Cow Poke. Let's not conflate the forms of knowledge that exist in reality. It would be my position that apart from personal revelation all other forms cannot rise above theory. No matter how logical the theory may appear it does not, nor can it, rise the the level of something "personally" revealed. A revelation is like a benchmark by which men can rightly deduce. If a deduction begins not with revelation the end of it is fallacious. Now, if someone is asserting a truth apart from the benchmark it is as if he believes in his heart he has the wherewithal in himself to find the truth out. He does not. Therefore, all of his conclusions will be amiss and his subsequent assertions will be as "special knowledge", not coming from God via personal revelation, but coming from self, or from other autonomous deducers he believes.

To juxtapose. Here is the rock upon which the true Church is built. The personal revelation that Yeshua / Jesus is "...the Christ, Son of the Living God...". To go beyond this rock upon which my Lord builds His Church is to imply a further revelation where there isn't any. This is my confession and testimony. Far be it from me to go beyond what the Father revealed to Peter, and to me as well. Anything apart from this revelation goes beyond and I will count it as men claiming "special knowledge".
    Last edited by Jeff; 12-04-2018 at 01:46 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, Cow Poke. I could say to the chagrin of Cerebrum that if you heard my Lord you would hear me, seeing that I speak nothing on my own. But I will refrain... at least until I make a case for it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, Cow Poke. I could say to the chagrin of Cerebrum that if you heard my Lord you would hear me, seeing that I speak nothing on my own. But I will refrain... at least until I make a case for it.
    wow

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ya... wow. So, since you are familiar with this website and it's rules, can I realtime prophecy in the "eschatology" forum... or is it reserved for debate on what has been prophesied? Just curious since I have much to say concerning the times in which we all live. It's ok if I'm not allowed. I will abide by the rules as I learn them. For now I will stick to this forum and probably this thread until I am clear on the moderators expectations. Also, I do know that my views are not orthodox and so I do appreciate your and Cerebrum's willingness to engage. I thank you both for that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ya... wow. So, since you are familiar with this website and it's rules, can I realtime prophecy in the "eschatology" forum... or is it reserved for debate on what has been prophesied? Just curious since I have much to say concerning the times in which we all live. It's ok if I'm not allowed. I will abide by the rules as I learn them. For now I will stick to this forum and probably this thread until I am clear on the moderators expectations. Also, I do know that my views are not orthodox and so I do appreciate your and Cerebrum's willingness to engage. I thank you both for that.
    It sounds like you're basically wanting to blog, and that's not what Tweb is. We don't allow "back to back posting", where somebody just keeps posting and posting without interaction with others.