Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Things not spoken into existence.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ok Cow Poke. I will stay here. Just a question about here though. If I continue to elaborate on the OP, as I fully intend to do, will I be cut off at a point if a period of "silence" is observed for a time? I mean, that would seem a bit unfair to me since I am perfectly content in keeping my unorthodox place. How would you judge? ...by responses or views? Just curious...

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So Cerebrum. To this particular post where you say Jesus is God, I ask you one thing. Jesus asked His disciples "...who do you say that I am..."? Would your response be different than Peter's?
    Last edited by Jeff; 12-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here, Cerebrum, in your last statement the wrath of God flares up within me. There will come a time when I will become weary of holding it in. Do you really think I am not aware of the history? Should I expound upon that history and expose the deeds of those who established the doctrine and the disobedience it took to maintain it? Woe to them who establishes a city by blood ! Now, I refrain from lumping you in since we both live after the fact... but the wrath of God comes to all who approve of their deeds.

Next, please do not play a fool before me. I know full well that you are not ignorant of the scriptures. You know full well that believers are promised unity in the Son... the very same the Son has with the Father. To whom do you think you are speaking?

Also, It is written, "...have I not said you are gods...", to whom the Word of God comes? Even Moses, who foresaw Messiah, understood this. Or do you doubt the power of God displayed in him though he was not the promised seed?

So you say that I am not God. Well done captain obvious. Yet I confess this: I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me. This NOT by deduction, but by obeying His voice. And if He shall say to me "...discover the foundations unto the neck...", shall I not do it until it is accomplished? And if this be so, who are you to oppose?

Lastly, I will agree that the One in whom the fullness of God dwells is equal to God... but not God Himself. Why? Because this fullness dwelt in a man in the fullness of time... and before Adam no man was... only God and His Word... the fullness of Him who spoke of those things that be not as though they were... and in the fullness of time "He is".
    Last edited by Jeff; 12-04-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Ok Cow Poke. I will stay here. Just a question about here though. If I continue to elaborate on the OP, as I fully intend to do, will I be cut off at a point if a period of "silence" is observed for a time? I mean, that would seem a bit unfair to me since I am perfectly content in keeping my unorthodox place. How would you judge? ...by responses or views? Just curious...
    Jeff, I reported this thread - not cause you're doing anything wrong, but to get consensus from other mods on what you asked.

Basically, this is a discussion board, not a blog. If nobody engages you in conversation, you can't just continue to "blog away". It's an indication that there is no interest in what you are saying, and your time would be better served reaching an audience that wants to hear what you're saying.

I'm not interested - not even a teenie tad. I'm just answering your question as a moderator, and letting you know the rules.

Continuing to address Brum, for example, when he is not responding, is "back to back posting", which is a no-no.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

5. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jeff, I reported this thread - not cause you're doing anything wrong, but to get consensus from other mods on what you asked.

Basically, this is a discussion board, not a blog. If nobody engages you in conversation, you can't just continue to "blog away". It's an indication that there is no interest in what you are saying, and your time would be better served reaching an audience that wants to hear what you're saying.

I'm not interested - not even a teenie tad. I'm just answering your question as a moderator, and letting you know the rules.

Continuing to address Brum, for example, when he is not responding, is "back to back posting", which is a no-no.
    Well, in Jeff's defense he appears to be responding to two different posts I made. If he used the quote function that would be more clear.

Jeff, I might get back to responding to you later. I have a dentist appointment today.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Well, in Jeff's defense he appears to be responding to two different posts I made. If he used the quote function that would be more clear.

Jeff, I might get back to responding to you later. I have a dentist appointment today.
    Jeff - the quote function is very useful for letting people see what it is to which you are responding. In a long thread, it helps others keep track of what's going on, and see the actual words spoken rather than another person's attempt at summarizing them.

Do you need help in understanding how the quote function works?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here, Cerebrum, in your last statement the wrath of God flares up within me. There will come a time when I will become weary of holding it in. Do you really think I am not aware of the history? Should I expound upon that history and expose the deeds of those who established the doctrine and the disobedience it took to maintain it? Woe to them who establishes a city by blood ! Now, I refrain from lumping you in since we both live after the fact... but the wrath of God comes to all who approve of their deeds.

Next, please do not play a fool before me. I know full well that you are not ignorant of the scriptures. You know full well that believers are promised unity in the Son... the very same the Son has with the Father. To whom do you think you are speaking?

Also, It is written, "...have I not said you are gods...", to whom the Word of God comes? Even Moses, who foresaw Messiah, understood this. Or do you doubt the power of God displayed in him though he was not the promised seed?

So you say that I am not God. Well done captain obvious. Yet I confess this: I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me. This NOT by deduction, but by obeying His voice. And if He shall say to me "...discover the foundations unto the neck...", shall I not do it until it is accomplished? And if this be so, who are you to oppose?

Lastly, I will agree that the One in whom the fullness of God dwells is equal to God... but not God Himself. Why? Because this fullness dwelt in a man in the fullness of time... and before Adam no man was... only God and His Word... the fullness of Him who spoke of those things that be not as though they were... and in the fullness of time "He is".
    So you believe in more than one God then?

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ok Cerebrum. Look forward to hearing from you. I will make a point to learn the qoute function. With 11 hr daily shifts time has been a factor... plus a cheap phone and spotty service. Hope the dentist went well.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No Sparko. Just one. He who dwelt bodily in the man Jesus Christ.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No Sparko. Just one. He who dwelt bodily in the man Jesus Christ.
    So God possessed Jesus or something?