Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Things not spoken into existence.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Cow Poke. That would be awesome. Thx...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Hello Cow Poke. That would be awesome. Thx...
    Jeff - start with clicking the "Reply with Quote" button instead of the "Reply" button.

That puts the post to which you are responding in "quotes", and makes it much easier for everybody to see to whom, and to what, you are responding.

It's not as big a deal in a thread where there's little or no activity, but when posts happen BETWEEN posts, sometimes it's not so obvious to whom you're replying.

It also automatically inserts the hyperlink so anybody else can go back and see the context of what was being discussed.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ok Cerebrum. Look forward to hearing from you. I will make a point to learn the qoute function. With 11 hr daily shifts time has been a factor... plus a cheap phone and spotty service. Hope the dentist went well.
    It went well, it just takes me a bit to recover from a simple cleaning. I'm not in the best frame of mind for posting after something like that.

4. Amen Jeff amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    O...I dunno Sparko. How does the indwelling of the Holy Spirit work in us? I mean, if God is working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure it must be a similar relationship.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jeff - start with clicking the "Reply with Quote" button instead of the "Reply" button.

That puts the post to which you are responding in "quotes", and makes it much easier for everybody to see to whom, and to what, you are responding.

It's not as big a deal in a thread where there's little or no activity, but when posts happen BETWEEN posts, sometimes it's not so obvious to whom you're replying.

It also automatically inserts the hyperlink so anybody else can go back and see the context of what was being discussed.
    Thanks my friend. That was painless. So, if I type [/Quote] twice between sentences it will break a post up so I can address one part at a time?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks my friend. That was painless. So, if I type
    twice between sentences it will break a post up so I can address one part at a time?[/QUOTE]

Type [ quote ] for the start of the area you want to quote, and [ /quote ] after that part ends. You would do that without the spaces. Here is an example.

With spaces.
    [ quote ] It also automatically inserts the hyperlink so anybody else can go back and see the context of what was being discussed. [ /quote ]

Without spaces.
    Doing it this way didn't link to the post, since I didn't use the "Reply With Quote" button for Cow Poke's post.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks my friend. That was painless. So, if I type [ /Quote] twice between sentences it will break a post up so I can address one part at a time?
    Hmmmm... the "tags" are always [whatever] and [/whatever] --- opening and closing tags. "Whatever" can be box or quote or cite....

ETA (Edited to add) -- or what Brum said. You can always trust Brum.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-06-2018 at 07:42 AM.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    O...I dunno Sparko. How does the indwelling of the Holy Spirit work in us? I mean, if God is working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure it must be a similar relationship.
    So you think Jesus was just an ordinary man filled with the Holy Spirit like we are? The bible says as the Son, he created everything. It doesn't say Jesus was indwelt by God, it says that the Word (God) BECAME flesh.

I am confused by your posts Jeff. Please explain exactly who and what you believe Jesus was.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks my friend. That was painless. So, if I type [ /Quote]* twice between sentences it will break a post up so I can address one part at a time?
    The way I do it is as follows. First I press "reply with quote", so I get the whole message, as above. Then I choose the first part I want to respond to, like this (but without the spaces inside the [ QUOTE]-, and [ /QUOTE]-tags):

[ QUOTE=Jeff;596986]Thanks my friend. That was painless.[ /QUOTE]

After that I select the first quote tag (the one with the username of the person you're responding to, and the number ID of the post) and copy and paste it, after which I select the next section of the post that I want to respond to, and close it with the [ /QUOTE]-tag, like this:

[ QUOTE=Jeff;596986] So, if I type [ /Quote] twice between sentences it will break a post up so I can address one part at a time? [ /QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without the spaces it should look like this:

Thanks my friend. That was painless.
    After that I select the first quote tag (the one with the username of the person you're responding to, and the number ID of the post) and copy and paste it, after which I select the next section of the post that I want to respond to, and close it with the [ /QUOTE]-tag, like this:

So, if I type [ /Quote]* twice between sentences it will break a post up so I can address one part at a time?
    *I had to alter the [ /quote] tag in your message so that the editor wouldn't close accidentally chop up the message.

11. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So you think Jesus was just an ordinary man filled with the Holy Spirit like we are? The bible says as the Son, he created everything. It doesn't say Jesus was indwelt by God, it says that the Word (God) BECAME flesh.

I am confused by your posts Jeff. Please explain exactly who and what you believe Jesus was.
    Sparko. As clear as I am able... the Word in the beginning is God made manifest in a form by which He will mediate between Himself and that which is not Him... creation. The Word in the beginning, therefore, is the One true God "made manifest" who Jesus himself spoke of as his Father revealed. The Son is he who was prophesied from the beginning as "the Messiah to come" who would be the very embodiment of the one true God... his Father and ours. This makes Jesus the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end... our Lord and our God. All this without the illogical deduction that extends a son backwards into eternity past. As I have already stated, it would be unnatural for God to think equality with Himself not a thing to be grasped. But perfectly natural for a man equal to God to think this way. The difference is this: creation is not about a God the Father and a God the Son. It's about the one true God and His expressed image... the man Jesus Christ in whom the fullness of true God dwelt bodily... the Word in the beginning being the fullness of Him.

Another angle: the Bridegroom exists for His Bride, and the Bride for her Bridegroom. One is not comprehended without the other. So too the Word exists for creation and creation for the Word... as the Son exists for His Church and His Church for Him... in whom the Word dwells bodily.

All that to say this: Yeshua / Jesus is "...the Christ, Son of the Living God...". Period...
    Last edited by Jeff; 12-07-2018 at 12:44 AM.