Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Things not spoken into existence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Sorry, but the only "anointing" you have is of ignorance. The Holy Spirit is not the same as the Father.
    Good morning Cerebrum. It is your right to think this of me. Most do. Nonetheless I have counted costs and all that I have and am remain on the alter as I abandon myself to the only one who is worthy of my trust. I am not ignorant of the human deductions that abide in the sects. The whole world staggers about like a drunkard because of them. An unbiased scan of history from the Apostles to this day shows it. I see to begin with a harlot riding a beast in a relentless effort to gather to herself all nations, peoples and tongues. After much time this harlot gave birth to many daughters who became harlots themselves, all divided against eacother yet unified against their own mother. Death and destruction followed them. They all, each one, have woven nets of human deduction. They cast their nets out into the sea and over the peoples of the world who are likened to fish who have no ruler. They pull in their catch and are joyful and so they make sacrifices to their nets for by them their portion is fat. They set their nests high up and say "...we sit as queens! No calamity shall befall us!...". So then they established a pact in a new land giving their power entirely over to a new beast. One of their own making.

So I enquired of my God asking "...how long O Lord shall this go on? Will these continually cast out their nets not sparing the nations?...". Habakkuk prophesied of our day. The Lord's answer is found there. John the revelator confirms in ch.10 of His testimony.

History of the sects in a nutshell. As to the rest of your response... Will get back to you as time permits.

Edit to add. The remnant of God is and has for centuries been scattered among the sects. I do make a distinction between centralized hierarchies and the laity. If it were not so there would be no need for a call from above to "come out". These things are coming quickly.
    Last edited by Jeff; 12-08-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Good morning Cerebrum. It is your right to think this of me. Most do. Nonetheless I have counted costs and all that I have and am remain on the alter as I abandon myself to the only one who is worthy of my trust. I am not ignorant of the human deductions that abide in the sects. The whole world staggers about like a drunkard because of them. An unbiased scan of history from the Apostles to this day shows it. I see to begin with a harlot riding a beast in a relentless effort to gather to herself all nations, peoples and tongues. After much time this harlot gave birth to many daughters who became harlots themselves, all divided against eacother yet unified against their own mother. Death and destruction followed them. They all, each one, have woven nets of human deduction. They cast their nets out into the sea and over the peoples of the world who are likened to fish who have no ruler. They pull in their catch and are joyful and so they make sacrifices to their nets for by them their portion is fat. They set their nests high up and say "...we sit as queens! No calamity shall befall us!...". So then they established a pact in a new land giving their power entirely over to a new beast. One of their own making.

So I enquired of my God asking "...how long O Lord shall this go on? Will these continually cast out their nets not sparing the nations?...". Habakkuk prophesied of our day. The Lord's answer is found there. John the revelator confirms in ch.10 of His testimony.

History of the sects in a nutshell. As to the rest of your response... Will get back to you as time permits.

Edit to add. The remnant of God is and has for centuries been scattered among the sects. I do make a distinction between centralized hierarchies and the laity. If it were not so there would be no need for a call from above to "come out". These things are coming quickly.
      None of what you said answers any of the questions I've asked. You seem to think you've got prophetic insight, but have forgotten the test for a prophet.

Deuteronomy 13:1]If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

You're effectively trying to get people to follow another god when you deny the nature of God* as shown in the Biblical texts. So even if you were correct in your predictions, then you still fail the test.

*Like Mormons do with regards to God being merely a glorified man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Shouldn't this be in the Mormon forum?
        Hi Cow Poke. Hope the Sabbath day has been a good day for you and yours.

So, what I meant was what is written in 1John 3:2. If Mormons believe this then at that point I wouldn't disagree with them... provided that they mean what the scriptures declare. Don't know Mormons well enough to know what they think.

Besides, wouldn't Mormons be considered unorthodox by orthodoxy? What would be the difference then... Whether I post here or there.?
        Last edited by Jeff; 12-08-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

None of what you said answers any of the questions I've asked. You seem to think you've got prophetic insight, but have forgotten the test for a prophet.

Deuteronomy 13:1]If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

You're effectively trying to get people to follow another god when you deny the nature of God* as shown in the Biblical texts. So even if you were correct in your predictions, then you still fail the test.

*Like Mormons do with regards to God being merely a glorified man.
          Hey Cerebrum. Happy Sabbath day to you.

So, I am a bit perplexed. Do you speak as if "for me"... or against? ...or for another reason altogether? Say... in defense? Can't always tell.

Anyway, have I claimed to be a prophet? Just so you know where I place myself... I am nothing. Of myself I say "...I am what I am in the Lord..." ...translated, I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me. Me = 0, Christ =1... in the same body. Hence, coworkers with Him doing works prepared in advance for me to do... according to the scriptures.

I am not a prophet. Just one who hears their words. So with their words I will run.

Hmmm... twice now I am compared to Mormons. Interesting, since I know nothing of them. Anywho, you speak of a glorified man as if something to be reviled... even though this has been God's intention from the beginning... to make man in His image and likeness, and to give him dominion. What you seem to count dirty, God has made clean. Tell me, Cerebrum, what you think of Abraham. I see perfection in the eyes of my God. What do you see? Will you find fault in anything Abraham did? If so, you have not completely understood the grace of our Lord, or what the true nature of God is. How, then, are you to rightly to discern the nature of God in Yeshua?

Though I am not a prophet I will tell you a truth by which you will be enabled to discern for yourself. God has nowhere commanded us to submit to the commands of men... irrespective of what men command. IOW, I have no command from God to submit to your doctrines... not inwardly or otherwise. In fact, I was born of the Spirit apart from the sects and accepted by my God without any knowledge of your human deductions. But as fate would have it I felt the need to be baptized as an act of obedience to the One who snatched me from death (literally in my case). I spent 14 years after trying to find a sect that was truly of God. There are none. And when I began to make waves a voice came to me from within saying "...let the weeds grow among the good plants. Do not uproot lest a good plant be plucked up...". And so I am where I am... in the wilderness alone with my Lord. But he is enough. Though I long for my true brothers I remain content where I am. I am not alone...

Comment

Hey Cerebrum. Happy Sabbath day to you.

So, I am a bit perplexed. Do you speak as if "for me"... or against? ...or for another reason altogether? Say... in defense? Can't always tell.
            I'm saying that if the law in Deuteronomy 13 was still in place you would received the punishment of a false prophet.

Anyway, have I claimed to be a prophet? Just so you know where I place myself... I am nothing. Of myself I say "...I am what I am in the Lord..." ...translated, I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me. Me = 0, Christ =1... in the same body. Hence, coworkers with Him doing works prepared in advance for me to do... according to the scriptures.
            Yes, you kind of have. Here is the evidence of you doing so.

Ya... wow. So, since you are familiar with this website and it's rules, can I realtime prophecy in the "eschatology" forum... or is it reserved for debate on what has been prophesied? Just curious since I have much to say concerning the times in which we all live. It's ok if I'm not allowed. I will abide by the rules as I learn them. For now I will stick to this forum and probably this thread until I am clear on the moderators expectations. Also, I do know that my views are not orthodox and so I do appreciate your and Cerebrum's willingness to engage. I thank you both for that.
            You're not doing anything "according to the scriptures", because you are ignoring the parts that don't agree with you.

I am not a prophet. Just one who hears their words. So with their words I will run.
            In the quote I show you re claiming just the opposite.

Hmmm... twice now I am compared to Mormons. Interesting, since I know nothing of them. Anywho, you speak of a glorified man as if something to be reviled... even though this has been God's intention from the beginning... to make man in His image and likeness, and to give him dominion. What you seem to count dirty, God has made clean. Tell me, Cerebrum, what you think of Abraham. I see perfection in the eyes of my God. What do you see? Will you find fault in anything Abraham did? If so, you have not completely understood the grace of our Lord, or what the true nature of God is. How, then, are you to rightly to discern the nature of God in Yeshua?
            There isn't anything wrong with a truly glorified man, as in a human who has received their glorified body from God at the eschaton. In effect saying Jesus is merely a glorified man is blasphemous since He claimed, and showed His deity.

If you think Abraham was perfect you haven't read through Genesis lately, nor do you have a good understanding of human nature. Abraham laughed when God told him about having an heir come from Sarah, who was around 90 years old. The same thing Sarah was chastised for later. He also gave a half truth to Abimelek about his wife Sarah. There isn't anything in the text to suggest Abimilek had done anything to deserve being misled either. He did the same to Pharoah in Egypt when he was still called Abram. Then he also tried to make God's promise happen by having sex with Hagar, and thus Ishmael was born. No indication that he married her either, so that would be adultery.

Though I am not a prophet I will tell you a truth by which you will be enabled to discern for yourself. God has nowhere commanded us to submit to the commands of men... irrespective of what men command. IOW, I have no command from God to submit to your doctrines... not inwardly or otherwise. In fact, I was born of the Spirit apart from the sects and accepted by my God without any knowledge of your human deductions. But as fate would have it I felt the need to be baptized as an act of obedience to the One who snatched me from death (literally in my case). I spent 14 years after trying to find a sect that was truly of God. There are none. And when I began to make waves a voice came to me from within saying "...let the weeds grow among the good plants. Do not uproot lest a good plant be plucked up...". And so I am where I am... in the wilderness alone with my Lord. But he is enough. Though I long for my true brothers I remain content where I am. I am not alone...
            Romans 13:4-6 New International Version (NIV)
            4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

1 Corinthians 16:15-17 New International Version (NIV)
            15 You know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and they have devoted themselves to the service of the Lord’s people. I urge you, brothers and sisters, 16 to submit to such people and to everyone who joins in the work and labors at it. 17 I was glad when Stephanas, Fortunatus and Achaicus arrived, because they have supplied what was lacking from you.

Hebrews 13:16-18 New International Version (NIV)
            16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

1 Peter 5:5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

1 Peter 2:12-14 New International Version (NIV)
            12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

So much for the Bible not saying to submit to any man in any way.

You say a voice came to you, and obviously think it is either from God, or from one of his angels. The problem is it contradicts His word, and therefor can't be either.

1 John 4:1 [ On Denying the Incarnation ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

You haven't found sound doctrine, and reject parts of the Bible in order to hear what you want to hear.

Hebrews 13:9 [Full Chapter]
            Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Titus 2:1 [ Doing Good for the Sake of the Gospel ] You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine.

I take all of the Bible seriously, so I'm trying to get you to see where you've gone against sound doctrine. In case you don't listen, we are commanded to refute false doctrines.

Titus 1:9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Comment

I'm saying that if the law in Deuteronomy 13 was still in place you would received the punishment of a false prophet.
              The penalty for false prophets still stands.

Yes, you kind of have. Here is the evidence of you doing so.
              You misunderstand. The prophets are listed in scripture. There are no other prophets. Doesn't mean one cannot prophesy. For instance, when I say that what the prophets have declared concerning the end is at hand... even at the door, I am speaking prophetically. And this I do speak and will continue to do so. The history of the sects that I presented to you is accurate and in just a little while the great harlot along with her wayward daughters will be stripped from head to toe. The beast they have formed has been overrun by the secular lawless who will ravage them without mercy. Am I speaking a lie just because I tell what is shortly to come? Though I prophecy I am not a prophet... since what I say the prophets of old have already declared.

You're not doing anything "according to the scriptures", because you are ignoring the parts that don't agree with you.
              No... this is what you are doing along with all who continue perpetuating false doctrine. The scriptures are clear yet men have thought to add their deductions and command men to believe them under threat of condemnation. These are like Uzzah who reached forth his hand to steady the ark and was struck dead according to God's command.

There isn't anything wrong with a truly glorified man, as in a human who has received their glorified body from God at the eschaton. In effect saying Jesus is merely a glorified man is blasphemous since He claimed, and showed His deity.
              See, Cerebrum, I have nowhere denied the Deity of my Lord. The Word he embodied signifies his Deity because the Word is God. Denying that the man Jesus Christ (the ONLY begotten Son) existed in eternity past only denies your deduction of what you believe Deity to be. Proof... you cannot show me a command of God that I am to believe your deduction... which you earlier confessed it to be.

If you think Abraham was perfect you haven't read through Genesis lately, nor do you have a good understanding of human nature. Abraham laughed when God told him about having an heir come from Sarah, who was around 90 years old. The same thing Sarah was chastised for later. He also gave a half truth to Abimelek about his wife Sarah. There isn't anything in the text to suggest Abimilek had done anything to deserve being misled either. He did the same to Pharoah in Egypt when he was still called Abram. Then he also tried to make God's promise happen by having sex with Hagar, and thus Ishmael was born. No indication that he married her either, so that would be adultery.
              Abraham obeyed all of God's commands and statutes without fail. Whatever standard you are using to accuse is not binding and whatever you say against him you say against God. Do you even understand the the grace of God and the process of justification by faith? You speak as if you do not.

Romans 13:4-6 New International Version (NIV)
              4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

1 Corinthians 16:15-17 New International Version (NIV)
              15 You know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and they have devoted themselves to the service of the Lord’s people. I urge you, brothers and sisters, 16 to submit to such people and to everyone who joins in the work and labors at it. 17 I was glad when Stephanas, Fortunatus and Achaicus arrived, because they have supplied what was lacking from you.

Hebrews 13:16-18 New International Version (NIV)
              16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

1 Peter 5:5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

1 Peter 2:12-14 New International Version (NIV)
              12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

So much for the Bible not saying to submit to any man in any way.

You say a voice came to you, and obviously think it is either from God, or from one of his angels. The problem is it contradicts His word, and therefor can't be either.

1 John 4:1 [ On Denying the Incarnation ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

You haven't found sound doctrine, and reject parts of the Bible in order to hear what you want to hear.

Hebrews 13:9 [Full Chapter]
              Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Titus 2:1 [ Doing Good for the Sake of the Gospel ] You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine.

I take all of the Bible seriously, so I'm trying to get you to see where you've gone against sound doctrine. In case you don't listen, we are commanded to refute false doctrines.

Titus 1:9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
              You will not find me in disobedience to any of these scriptures. In obedience to my Lord I humbly submit to every authority he has placed over me. Those who claim to know Him but do not... I flee from, just as I am also commanded. Now I am contending for the one true faith that is nearly nonexistent within organized orthodoxy... again according to the law of faith. You find fault with the father of faith and obviously with me as well. Yet you cannot see that your standard is flawed. You should seek God alone...
              Last edited by Jeff; 12-09-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

So where are the regular stonings for those who have falsely prophesied the end in recent times?

You misunderstand. The prophets are listed in scripture. There are no other prophets. Doesn't mean one cannot prophesy. For instance, when I say that what the prophets have declared concerning the end is at hand... even at the door, I am speaking prophetically. And this I do speak and will continue to do so. The history of the sects that I presented to you is accurate and in just a little while the great harlot along with her wayward daughters will be stripped from head to toe. The beast they have formed has been overrun by the secular lawless who will ravage them without mercy. Am I speaking a lie just because I tell what is shortly to come? Though I prophecy I am not a prophet... since what I say the prophets of old have already declared.
                You are admitting to being one who prophecies, that is what a prophet is.

No... this is what you are doing along with all who continue perpetuating false doctrine. The scriptures are clear yet men have thought to add their deductions and command men to believe them under threat of condemnation. These are like Uzzah who reached forth his hand to steady the ark and was struck dead according to God's command.

You're the one who is ignoring passages that doesn't agree with you. The Bible says to not add or subtract from what God says.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

You accuse me of adding, but the truth is you are subtracting.

See, Cerebrum, I have nowhere denied the Deity of my Lord. The Word he embodied signifies his Deity because the Word is God. Denying that the man Jesus Christ (the ONLY begotten Son) existed in eternity past only denies your deduction of what you believe Deity to be. Proof... you cannot show me a command of God that I am to believe your deduction... which you earlier confessed it to be.
                Jesus Christ is the Word/Logos. They are the same person. If you won't believe me, at least believe what the Bible clearly teaches on the matter. Jesus Himself claimed not only preexistence, but to be Yahweh Himself. This is something you keep ignoring, because it doesn't fit your beliefs.

John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

If you really go and study you can see that before He was known as Jesus, He was known as "The Angel of the LORD". One who is both a separate person from the Father, yet still fully God.

Abraham obeyed all of God's commands and statutes without fail. Whatever standard you are using to accuse is not binding and whatever you say against him you say against God. Do you even understand the the grace of God and the process of justification by faith? You speak as if you do not.

You said Abraham was perfect, and your implying he was perfect throughout his life. One of God's commands is "Thou shall not commit adultery", which based on the evidence we have Abraham did. Abraham being justified by his faith does not mean he never sinned. The only person who never sinned was Jesus. Justification by faith means we will no longer be held accountable for past sin, not that it never happened in the first place. David is one who is also said to be justified, and was said to be "a man after God's own heart". However he still murdered Uriah, and committed adultery. Then Paul, who wrote about justification by faith called himself the worst of sinners. There is someone here who doesn't understand the concept, but it isn't me.

Romans 3:23 [Full Chapter]
                for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

You will not find me in disobedience to any of these scriptures. In obedience to my Lord I humbly submit to every authority he has placed over me. Those who claim to know Him but do not... I flee from, just as I am also commanded. Now I am contending for the one true faith that is nearly nonexistent within organized orthodoxy... again according to the law of faith. You find fault with the father of faith and obviously with me as well. Yet you cannot see that your standard is flawed. You should seek God alone...
                You've sought a god of your own making. I'm sticking with the God revealed in Scripture. You are the one who specifically said that there was no command anywhere in Scripture to obey other authorities in any way. You made an unqualified statement that was untrue. I agree that we are to obey God over obeying men, but that wasn't your original claim.

You are the one using a standard of your own making, and don't even realize how crooked it is. The real standard for anyone calling themselves a Christian is to be Scripture. You are merely leaning on your own understanding.

Comment

No Trinity Sparko. Father, Son, Spirit converge in the fullness of time in Yeshua / Jesus. In order to place these in eternity past one would have to imagine flesh to be eternally existing there too. The Word made flesh is the man Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God. There is no other begotten Son. Begotten of woman not formed from the dust of the ground.

It's so very simple. Mary was his mother, true God was his Father. Hence, "...the Holy Spirit fell upon Mary and she became with child...". Don't you see, then, that the Holy Spirit is synonymous with the Father? ...and consider this miracle of all miracles through this lense: "...I knitted you together in your mother's womb...". Yeshua as a child encountered these words in a Synagogue and heard the voice of his Father (and ours), that He was speaking of him. Glorious!

In my heart and mind, Sparko, Yeshua, the Messiah, Son of the Living God is SOOOO far above the Trinitarian concept ...that I cannot even find the words. It means that when I finally see him face to face I will truly be like he is. A glorified man. The anointing I have from my Father has taught me these things.
                  Except the bible says God doesn't change and is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. Your version would have God and the Holy Spirit merging together into something new and changing who God is.

And basically you just admitted that you don't care what the bible says because you think you have some special annotated knowledge direct from God.

Comment

You misunderstand. The prophets are listed in scripture. There are no other prophets.
                    I guess that means you just admitted to being a FALSE prophet then. You wanted to post your prophesies in a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I guess that means you just admitted to being a FALSE prophet then. You wanted to post your prophesies in a thread.
                      Hello Sparko. So, prophecy is listed among the gifts of the Spirit to the church. Are these counted as prophets as those whose words are recorded in scripture? If you listen to all the voices that inundate the airways these days half of what everyone speaks is a form of prophecy. I could most likely search your own posts... and the posts of anyone here, and point out all manner of prediction based in religion, science, politics, etc.. Right? Prophecy in a general sense is everywhere all the time. Though I would not put myself as among those who would prophesy aimlessly. What I would assert is backed by the true prophets of God. Can you not discern the times? The signs are quite obvious.

So, there is one who doesn't prophesy, but is full of accusations. Seems you are fluent in the language of him.

Lastly, if what I have said is coming quickly does not... then I will confess and repent in dust and ashes. If, however, you see it coming then you should do the same. Fair?
                      Last edited by Jeff; 12-11-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Except the bible says God doesn't change and is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. Your version would have God and the Holy Spirit merging together into something new and changing who God is.
                        Well, I agree that you say that's what the bible says. But the bible has no breath in it and cannot speak at all. Though it does testify of One who can. Will you not go to Him?

God does not change, Sparko. You are correct. Yet you are conflating God's thoughts and ways with substances. True God was once not in the form of Word... and the Word was not in the form of flesh and blood until the fullness of time. The scriptures are they that testify of this One. The convergence is Yeshua, Messiah of God. Now, did God send Himself? ...or did He send us His Son? A man in whom the fullness of God dwelt bodily, just as the scriptures testify.

And basically you just admitted that you don't care what the bible says because you think you have some special annotated knowledge direct from God.
                        And you have just confessed that you speak on your own.

Comment

So where are the regular stonings for those who have falsely prophesied the end in recent times?

You are admitting to being one who prophecies, that is what a prophet is.

You're the one who is ignoring passages that doesn't agree with you. The Bible says to not add or subtract from what God says.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

You accuse me of adding, but the truth is you are subtracting.

Jesus Christ is the Word/Logos. They are the same person. If you won't believe me, at least believe what the Bible clearly teaches on the matter. Jesus Himself claimed not only preexistence, but to be Yahweh Himself. This is something you keep ignoring, because it doesn't fit your beliefs.

John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

If you really go and study you can see that before He was known as Jesus, He was known as "The Angel of the LORD". One who is both a separate person from the Father, yet still fully God.

You said Abraham was perfect, and your implying he was perfect throughout his life. One of God's commands is "Thou shall not commit adultery", which based on the evidence we have Abraham did. Abraham being justified by his faith does not mean he never sinned. The only person who never sinned was Jesus. Justification by faith means we will no longer be held accountable for past sin, not that it never happened in the first place. David is one who is also said to be justified, and was said to be "a man after God's own heart". However he still murdered Uriah, and committed adultery. Then Paul, who wrote about justification by faith called himself the worst of sinners. There is someone here who doesn't understand the concept, but it isn't me.

Romans 3:23 [Full Chapter]
                          for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

You've sought a god of your own making. I'm sticking with the God revealed in Scripture. You are the one who specifically said that there was no command anywhere in Scripture to obey other authorities in any way. You made an unqualified statement that was untrue. I agree that we are to obey God over obeying men, but that wasn't your original claim.

You are the one using a standard of your own making, and don't even realize how crooked it is. The real standard for anyone calling themselves a Christian is to be Scripture. You are merely leaning on your own understanding.
                          Hello Cerebrum. There is much here I wish to address. Too much to break up into three work nights. I have a four day weekend after Wednesday. I will respond then line by line. Thanks again for your willingness to engage. What will be happening with us during the terrible times that are coming is a unification... a true and living unity, as opposed to the eccumenacle kind the world strives for as we speak. They unify against us and will go all in in their efforts as the days go by.

One thing you should know, and I hope you will perceive is I accuse no man before my God. If I speak what I know, and I must, it is for the true and not against. Please continue to bare with me if you will... despite the fact I seem a heretic to you. I do know that back in the old world I would not escape the wrath of the harlots and the beasts they rode then. It is different now and I may actually survive... maybe. Though I have offered even my own breath for this cause it would be awesome if I live long enough to see my Lord begin to revive His own works. It is coming... even at the door. My heart leaps within me... though the times will be dreadful indeed and part of me does not long for it. Even so, come...

Comment

Unsubscribing. Buh Bye!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hello Sparko. So, prophecy is listed among the gifts of the Spirit to the church. Are these counted as prophets as those whose words are recorded in scripture? If you listen to all the voices that inundate the airways these days half of what everyone speaks is a form of prophecy. I could most likely search your own posts... and the posts of anyone here, and point out all manner of prediction based in religion, science, politics, etc.. Right? Prophecy in a general sense is everywhere all the time. Though I would not put myself as among those who would prophesy aimlessly. What I would assert is backed by the true prophets of God. Can you not discern the times? The signs are quite obvious.

So, there is one who doesn't prophesy, but is full of accusations. Seems you are fluent in the language of him.

Lastly, if what I have said is coming quickly does not... then I will confess and repent in dust and ashes. If, however, you see it coming then you should do the same. Fair?
                              Yes, if you give prophesies, you are a prophet. That is what a prophet is. A prophet is someone who speaks for God. Who claims to hear from God and speaks what God tells him. Not predicting things but claiming to speak for God. Which YOU have done.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ESV
                              But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Jeremiah 23:16 ESV
                              Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord.

Jeremiah 14:14 ESV
                              And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

==========
                              - and Jesus and the apostles warns us about false prophets in the New Testament. You fit the bill.

Matthew 7:15 ESV /
                              “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1-6 ESV
                              Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

Romans 16:17-18 ESV
                              I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

2 Peter 2:1 ESV
                              But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV
                              For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 12-11-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Yes, if you give prophesies, you are a prophet. That is what a prophet is. A prophet is someone who speaks for God. Who claims to hear from God and speaks what God tells him. Not predicting things but claiming to speak for God. Which YOU have done.
                                Ya know Sparko, you are correct. I have heard my Lord's voice and have become afraid. And I am speaking those things that I have heard. And here is what I hear in you... that you are, however inadvertently, confessing that you do not hear Him (just an observation). So I am left thinking that whatever you speak as if from the Lord is false since you seem to be content with the interpretations of scripture you have determined in yourself to settle on. Yet our Lord said "...my sheep hear my voice...".

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ESV
                                But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Jeremiah 23:16 ESV
                                Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord.

Jeremiah 14:14 ESV
                                And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

==========
                                - and Jesus and the apostles warns us about false prophets in the New Testament. You fit the bill.

Matthew 7:15 ESV /
                                “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1-6 ESV
                                Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

Romans 16:17-18 ESV
                                I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

2 Peter 2:1 ESV
                                But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV
                                For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
                                Will you vainly continue to think I do not know the scriptures, Sparko? I haven't the time tonight to address all this. But I have a four day weekend coming up. Between you and Cerebrum you have managed to book it... except during the Chiefs / Chargers game. Even I need a break. The family will not be happy... but they've become used to my hating them before my Lord. Tune in this weekend. I will speak to you about the times and how it is that I know what is coming upon the earth. It's really not hard to figure.
                                Last edited by Jeff; 12-12-2018, 02:31 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X