Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things not spoken into existence.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Things not spoken into existence.

So, in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. First scene... "...and the earth was void and empty, and darkness covered the face of the deep, and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters...". What does it mean that these things did not exist by "Word"? ...as in, this scene and the things therein were not spoken into existence. Further, what would be the ramifications of this obvious truth?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What is so "obvious" about this supposed truth. You simply state that these things were not spoken into existence and say it is obvious. What am I missing? Am I missing anything?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    What is so "obvious" about this supposed truth. You simply state that these things were not spoken into existence and say it is obvious. What am I missing? Am I missing anything?
    You are missing the propensity to make arguments from silence. That's a good thing.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Towards this first scene is where "the Word" of God is directed. IOW, they are before God spoke. This is the order presented in scripture. Moses, being carried along by the Holy Spirit, is very precise throughout the account. The order in which things are presented isn't an accident.

Further, nowhere in scripture will you find that God said "...let there be darkness covering deep or spirit moving on waters...". This, plus the order in which things are presented make it an obvious truth. Question was, what are the implications? ...and what does it mean?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Towards this first scene is where "the Word" of God is directed. IOW, they are before God spoke. This is the order presented in scripture. Moses, being carried along by the Holy Spirit, is very precise throughout the account. The order in which things are presented isn't an accident.

Further, nowhere in scripture will you find that God said "...let there be darkness covering deep or spirit moving on waters...". This, plus the order in which things are presented make it an obvious truth. Question was, what are the implications? ...and what does it mean?
    It means you are reading into the text. And the Word is not literally God's voice. The Word is the Logos, the Son.

6. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Sparko. If there is any other Word recorded in the text other than what God is speaking please identify. Otherwise you are reading in.

...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among men. There is the Son of God... right there.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

A) The Bible, as we have it, is not "chronological". Even many of the books do not focus on chronology.
    2) You have a way of saying things that is much less than clear - it's often difficult to discern what you're trying to say.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

9. Amen Jedidiah, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Sparko. If there is any other Word recorded in the text other than what God is speaking please identify. Otherwise you are reading in.

...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among men. There is the Son of God... right there.
    so if the Word is literally the voice of God, then when it became flesh God couldn't talk anymore right?

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello again Sparko. Word made flesh... Yeshua / Jesus... a man in whom the fullness of God (Father) dwelt bodily. When the Son spoke it was God speaking. "...I speak nothing on my own but only what I have learned from my Father...". And, "...in these last days God (Father) has spoken to us by His Son. So these are the testimonies the Son gave of the Father... and the Father gave of His Son.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Cow Poke. Chronology is of utmost importance in the Seven Day account. Note the same account in Genesis 2...being not so chronological but more a playing out of the chronology presented in Genesis 1... as if God is calling things that be not as though they were... then their becoming.This is the case as I have come to see it. Apologies for the way that I speak if it seems unclear. Just trying focus on the text as I see it is presented and asking others how they see it and what it may mean in the grand scheme. In short, I have sought, and still seek, my God with all of my heart concerning the state of the world and the division that abounds and these things that I speak of are a product of that.
    Last edited by Jeff; 11-24-2018 at 12:54 PM.