Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Things not spoken into existence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Ya know Sparko, you are correct. I have heard my Lord's voice and have become afraid. And I am speaking those things that I have heard. And here is what I hear in you... that you are, however inadvertently, confessing that you do not hear Him (just an observation). So I am left thinking that whatever you speak as if from the Lord is false since you seem to be content with the interpretations of scripture you have determined in yourself to settle on. Yet our Lord said "...my sheep hear my voice...".

Will you vainly continue to think I do not know the scriptures, Sparko? I haven't the time tonight to address all this. But I have a four day weekend coming up. Between you and Cerebrum you have managed to book it... except during the Chiefs / Chargers game. Even I need a break. The family will not be happy... but they've become used to my hating them before my Lord. Tune in this weekend. I will speak to you about the times and how it is that I know what is coming upon the earth. It's really not hard to figure.
    Hearing God and speaking for him are two different things Jeff. When you presume to speak for God, you are acting as his prophet. If what you say goes against scripture or is doesn't come true, you are a false prophet. What you have said just here in this thread goes against scripture and shows you do not know scripture. Just quoting some of it doesn't mean you understand it. The devil quoted scripture to Jesus too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      So where are the regular stonings for those who have falsely prophesied the end in recent times?
      Are we Hebrews under Moses?

You are admitting to being one who prophecies, that is what a prophet is.
      Gift of the Spirit... though more of a watchman. And if I say what I perceive in the Spirit and it is prophetic in nature then I suppose I will not contend with you over it.

You're the one who is ignoring passages that doesn't agree with you. The Bible says to not add or subtract from what God says.
      Correct. You say "...God the Son...". Not found in scripture. I say "...Messiah, Son of the Living God...". What the Father revealed to Peter and to myself. Who is adding/subtracting?

Deuteronomy 4:2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.
      Correct. There is no command from God either written or otherwise to believe the Trinitarian deduction. So, why do you imply a command and expect me to obey it when it has not come from above?

Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.
      Correct. Trinitarians should fear God and give Him glory by asking Him whether their thoughts are His thoughts.

You accuse me of adding, but the truth is you are subtracting.
      I accuse no-one. I speak what I hear.

Jesus Christ is the Word/Logos. They are the same person. If you won't believe me, at least believe what the Bible clearly teaches on the matter. Jesus Himself claimed not only preexistence, but to be Yahweh Himself. This is something you keep ignoring, because it doesn't fit your beliefs.
      I do not reject your deduction by choice, Cerebrum. By revelation I know it to be untrue. The Word in the beginning is God. The Word become flesh in the fullness of time is God's only begotten Son. A man in whom the fullness of God (Word) dwelt bodily. This is how the scriptures portray it. Yeshua is the perfect image of invisible God (Father). God created man in His image. And has given His image dominion. Now, I am not saying that Yeshua is a man like any other. The Son is begotten of God. Neither by the seed of a man nor by being formed from the dust of the ground. He is, as the image of God who is seated at God's right hand, creations God. True God (Father) has declared it and so we look to the Son in all things. He is our Lord. But why? So that by faith we might have access to the Father through him.

John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
      ...and in these last days God has spoken to us by His Son.

If you really go and study you can see that before He was known as Jesus, He was known as "The Angel of the LORD". One who is both a separate person from the Father, yet still fully God.
      Yes, Cerebrum. There is something to this. It would be my contention concerning "the Word" that it is the fullness of the Father, true God, made manifest to embody a Son that He purposed to bring forth in the fullness of time... Yeshua / Jesus. The Son was sent for two purposes. To make the Father known and to be the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. The scriptures that speak of "the Ancient of Days" portrays this. These things are revealed ahead of time in the Seven Day account of creation... which was the initial intent of the OP. Had hoped to go through the order of things to reveal it. Lord willing I will proceed at some point.

You said Abraham was perfect, and your implying he was perfect throughout his life. One of God's commands is "Thou shall not commit adultery", which based on the evidence we have
      Abraham did.
      Sarah gave Hagar to Abraham to be his wife. No adultery. And to answer your words from another post. Sarah was Abraham's sister. The inhabitants of the land God was showing Abraham did not fear God and would indeed have sought his life to gain Sarah. And who brought sickness to Pharoah and Abimalek? Was it not God? Then why do you charge Abraham? Charge God if you will. Further, all the peoples great and small in the land had began to be blessed because of Abraham since he was a prophet of God. God was making His own Name great among all who dealt with Abraham. And Sarah laughing. Truly I laugh with her, "...for who would have told her she would bear a son to her husband in their old age..."?

Abraham being justified by his faith does not mean he never sinned. The only person who never sinned was Jesus.
      Correct. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God... except Yeshua. Yet it is written, "...He made perfect forever those who are being made Holy...". This is clearest seen in the life of Abraham. Consider the Lamb slain from before the foundations of the world... everything covered from the beginning though the reality would come in the fullness of time. If it were not so God could never have spoken to Abraham. And Jesus said "...You are clean by the words I have spoken...". Abraham, therefore, was as a clean man in whom God worked both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Justification by faith means we will no longer be held accountable for past sin, not that it never happened in the first place. David is one who is also said to be justified, and was said to be "a man after God's own heart". However he still murdered Uriah, and committed adultery. Then Paul, who wrote about justification by faith called himself the worst of sinners. There is someone here who doesn't understand the concept, but it isn't me.
      Seriously? Justification is by an obedience that comes by faith... and it is a lengthy process. By faith Abraham "left his father's household not knowing where he was going"... being led by the Spirit of God. And those led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. Abraham left because he believed the promises of God and it was credited to him as righteousness. God had began a good work in Abraham that was brought to completion when he obeyed God concerning the offering of Isaac whom he obtained by the working of his faith when he asked God saying "...what will you give me seeing that l have no heir?...". And it was said of this act of faith that it was credited to him as righteousness. So, different acts at different times being credited to Abraham's account. Hmmm...

You've sought a god of your own making. I'm sticking with the God revealed in Scripture. You are the one who specifically said that there was no command anywhere in Scripture to obey other authorities in any way. You made an unqualified statement that was untrue. I agree that we are to obey God over obeying men, but that wasn't your original claim.

You are the one using a standard of your own making, and don't even realize how crooked it is. The real standard for anyone calling themselves a Christian is to be Scripture. You are merely leaning on your own understanding.
      Sorry you see it this way Crebrum. It is you who trust in your own abilities to find God out. It doesn't work that way. Only God Himself can make known... and He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. You will never find Him apart from an obedience that comes by faith. I leave you with the Word of my Lord. "...You search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are they that testify of Me. Yet you will not come to me that you may have life...".
      Last edited by Jeff; 12-15-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Hearing God and speaking for him are two different things Jeff. When you presume to speak for God, you are acting as his prophet. If what you say goes against scripture or is doesn't come true, you are a false prophet. What you have said just here in this thread goes against scripture and shows you do not know scripture. Just quoting some of it doesn't mean you understand it. The devil quoted scripture to Jesus too.
        Hello Sparko. Sorry so late in getting back to you. Broken strut in wife's van. Ya... gotta live with her so you got bumped. Will make this short and hit the high points.

Anyway, what time are we living in? I have already spoken of "...Mystery, Babylon the great, (Catholic) Mother of (Protestant) Harlots, and (spinoff) abominations of the earth. An honest view of the history of the sects is glaring proof being an unmistakable image of what our Lord made known would be made manifest shortly after the departure of His Apostles. Now, I could enumerate their deeds... forming alliances with governments, putting true Saints to death for opposing their adulterous pursuit of worldly power, numerous attempts at re-establishing Israel in the crusades, Not to mention the slaughter of countless professing believers on whichever side depending upon which sect had the kings ear at any given time, etc..... clear up to the forming of this Nation where the sects attempted peace one with another... even predicting our present lawless times if their pact became obsolete in the eyes of a majority. A study of the writings of our founders makes it apparent. But one need not even look to history to realize the beginning of the end is at hand. Lawlessness, and the men who perpetuate it from high places on a global scale... foretold by the Apostles of our Lord. Secularism is become the standard as the majority of men fall away from the truth. The whole world scoffs at God because of the wayward sects and their glaring hypocrisies. Some leaning left, some to the right. In this environment the wicked hem in the righteous and justice is perverted and right judgment never goes forth... a sign of the end. Israel emerges once again after 2000 years and is a burdensome stone among the nations. Rumors of rebuilding the temple and reintroducing old practices. What does this mean Sparko? Look how knowledge has greatly increased since our nation's founding... and has exploded just in the last few decades. For the first time in all of human history every eye can witness a single event. Men can be tracked wherever they go. Men can receive a chip and by it be denied access to the market place if it be that governments will it to be so. What time is it Sparko? Kings and dignitaries summit and lie to each others faces. Rulers are being disposed and others set in there place. The vital systems and infrastructures of the world are controlled by a few. If these things weren't overwhelming enough, hope is vanishing from generation to generation to where the love of the many grows cold. I could go on and on... Point is all these things were foretold long ago. Now it is here. What time is it...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Hello Sparko. Sorry so late in getting back to you. Broken strut in wife's van. Ya... gotta live with her so you got bumped. Will make this short and hit the high points.

Anyway, what time are we living in? I have already spoken of "...Mystery, Babylon the great, (Catholic) Mother of (Protestant) Harlots, and (spinoff) abominations of the earth. An honest view of the history of the sects is glaring proof being an unmistakable image of what our Lord made known would be made manifest shortly after the departure of His Apostles. Now, I could enumerate their deeds... forming alliances with governments, putting true Saints to death for opposing their adulterous pursuit of worldly power, numerous attempts at re-establishing Israel in the crusades, Not to mention the slaughter of countless professing believers on whichever side depending upon which sect had the kings ear at any given time, etc..... clear up to the forming of this Nation where the sects attempted peace one with another... even predicting our present lawless times if their pact became obsolete in the eyes of a majority. A study of the writings of our founders makes it apparent. But one need not even look to history to realize the beginning of the end is at hand. Lawlessness, and the men who perpetuate it from high places on a global scale... foretold by the Apostles of our Lord. Secularism is become the standard as the majority of men fall away from the truth. The whole world scoffs at God because of the wayward sects and their glaring hypocrisies. Some leaning left, some to the right. In this environment the wicked hem in the righteous and justice is perverted and right judgment never goes forth... a sign of the end. Israel emerges once again after 2000 years and is a burdensome stone among the nations. Rumors of rebuilding the temple and reintroducing old practices. What does this mean Sparko? Look how knowledge has greatly increased since our nation's founding... and has exploded just in the last few decades. For the first time in all of human history every eye can witness a single event. Men can be tracked wherever they go. Men can receive a chip and by it be denied access to the market place if it be that governments will it to be so. What time is it Sparko? Kings and dignitaries summit and lie to each others faces. Rulers are being disposed and others set in there place. The vital systems and infrastructures of the world are controlled by a few. If these things weren't overwhelming enough, hope is vanishing from generation to generation to where the love of the many grows cold. I could go on and on... Point is all these things were foretold long ago. Now it is here. What time is it...?
          So that entire rant (you should try breaking things up into paragraphs to make it easier to read) has nothing to do with the discussion we were having about you being a false prophet.

Are we in the end times? Perhaps. But people have thought that they were in the end times since Jesus returned to heaven after his resurrection. Paul even seemed to think he was in the end times and talked about it like it was imminent. The lesson we take from it all is that we should live our lives like the end is about to come, always being prepared. Because one way or another, we all will be face to face with Jesus within our lifetimes or at the time of our death. So I don't worry whether the end times are here or not. I figure at best I might have 30 more years of life left, but I could die tomorrow. And when I do, I will be present with the Lord. I will either rise into the air to meet with Jesus, or I will be among those who come down from Heaven with Jesus when he returns. Either way is fine with me.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X