Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things not spoken into existence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Hello Cow Poke. At the end of everything figurative there is laid bare a literal truth. My view anyway...
    My suggestion stands, my friend.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jeff, if the Word became flesh (Jesus) then the Word existed as a person before he became Flesh. The Word is the Son.

The bible also says that the Word is God, and it says that the Word created EVERYTHING. So that would include Adam and the Heavens and the Earth. Your question in the OP doesn't even make sense, much less your claim that the Son is just a man and Adam was created first.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Sparko. It is written that Jesus = a man... in whom... the fullness of God... dwelt bodily. The Word is this fullness. Of whom? ...of God. Who is the Son? The man in whom this fullness dwelt. These are One in the fullness of time, not before. The Word made flesh is the Son. The Word in the beginning is the fullness of God. The very God speaking in the creation account.

Further. The OP is literally true to the account as it is presented. It just doesn't fit the preferred narrative.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Sparko. It is written that Jesus = a man... in whom... the fullness of God... dwelt bodily. The Word is this fullness. Of whom? ...of God. Who is the Son? The man in whom this fullness dwelt. These are One in the fullness of time, not before. The Word made flesh is the Son. The Word in the beginning is the fullness of God. The very God speaking in the creation account.

Further. The OP is literally true to the account as it is presented. It just doesn't fit the preferred narrative.
    So you think Jesus is a god then?

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A God? Nope... impossible. No god beside God. Jesus said that His Father (and ours) is the only true God. So, if the Father is the only true God and Jesus is not [a god]... that only leaves one other possibility. Can you see it, Sparko? Tell me, what did the flashing fire pot in Abraham's dream represent... and how did Abraham obtain such a gift from the One true God? What work of faith was God responding to? When you see it... do the same as Abraham did.
    Last edited by Jeff; 11-30-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Let's see --- who to believe.....

A God? Nope... impossible. No god beside God. Jesus said that His Father (and ours) is the only true God. ....
    Or Jesus...

I and my Father are one.
    And lest we try to minimize the importance of what He was saying, His intended audience believed so strongly that He was claiming equality with God that they picked up stones to kill Him...

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Whereby....

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

And they made very clear what they understood Jesus to be saying...

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

7. Amen Chrawnus, rogue06, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Cow Poke. "...this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent...".

Yes, the Father (only true God) and His Son (expressed image) are One.

Who is in the image of God? God said in the beginning "...let us make [man] in our image and in our likeness...". Jesus is the fulfillment of this passage. Also the fulfillment of this, "...and let him have dominion...". Where is Jesus now? Seated at God's right hand having all power and authority in Heaven and Earth.

Jesus, the Son... a man in whom the fullness of God dwelt bodily... being in very nature God, did not think equality with God something to be grasped... or to think it robbery. Now, it would be quite strange for God to think such a thing. But for a man to think this?... glorious! In short, the express image of God being also a begotten Son is equal to God. This by virtue of his Oneness with the only true God, his Father and ours.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Cow Poke. "...this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent...".

Yes, the Father (only true God) and His Son (expressed image) are One.

Who is in the image of God? God said in the beginning "...let us make [man] in our image and in our likeness...". Jesus is the fulfillment of this passage. Also the fulfillment of this, "...and let him have dominion...". Where is Jesus now? Seated at God's right hand having all power and authority in Heaven and Earth.

Jesus, the Son... a man in whom the fullness of God dwelt bodily... being in very nature God, did not think equality with God something to be grasped... or to think it robbery. Now, it would be quite strange for God to think such a thing. But for a man to think this?... glorious! In short, the express image of God being also a begotten Son is equal to God. This by virtue of his Oneness with the only true God, his Father and ours.
    Thanks, Jeff, but I'll go with what Jesus Himself said.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I led with a prayer that Jesus himself prayed to the Father. Jesus himself said that He is the only true God.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I led with a prayer that Jesus himself prayed to the Father. Jesus himself said that He is the only true God.
    Yet you miss the fact He claimed to be God both explicitly and implicitly.

12. Amen Chrawnus, Cow Poke amen'd this post.