Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

US federal climate change report warns of threat to US economy and lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... I'm realizing that I'm back into a gun discussion. There is a set of discussions that I have discovered are pointless to engage in on TWeb because minds are 100% closed to any relevant fact or opinion. Guns is one. White privilege is another. Racism is a third. Toxic <insert noun here> is a fourth. "The truth of the bible" is a fifth.

So I'm going to withdraw and let folks have at it. I've given my opinion. If someone provides some relevant data, I'll always look at it. But I won't be responding further.

Feel free to insert the usual "Carpe has his say and runs away when he can't win" comments next....
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Ya gota love Texas...

Driving, firing tanks now possible for civilians in Texas

https://www.efe.com/efe/english/life...000263-3275120
      If ya know the right people, you can do this for FREE at Fort Hood!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        So... I'm realizing that I'm back into a gun discussion. There is a set of discussions that I have discovered are pointless to engage in on TWeb because minds are 100% closed to any relevant fact or opinion. Guns is one. White privilege is another. Racism is a third. Toxic <insert noun here> is a fourth. "The truth of the bible" is a fifth.

So I'm going to withdraw and let folks have at it. I've given my opinion. If someone provides some relevant data, I'll always look at it. But I won't be responding further.

Feel free to insert the usual "Carpe has his say and runs away when he can't win" comments next....
        I prefer to focus on the "I won't be responding further" promise.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right Carp, and you are the open minded one!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Well I had my own tank in 71-72, M-48B, upgraded Patton tank, so there!

18268164_1331617516874475_3086253395537646790_n.jpg
            Last edited by seer; 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

There is a set of discussions that I have discovered are pointless to engage in on TWeb because minds are 100% closed to any relevant fact or opinion.
              Irony - the gift that keeps on giving.
              CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Or, if you just don't care, you can steal an APC from Fort Pickett.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  So, I should be legally able to mount a belt-fed .50 Cal on the roof of my car, right?
                  sure. I don't recall any laws against it.

Comment

Yeah you only like those kind of discussions when you can pontificate your own opinion on them. When people start arguing back and showing you wrong, you decide the arguments are pointless and run away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      sure. I don't recall any laws against it.
                      Fully automatic weapons in the US are quite heavily regulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Fully automatic weapons in the US are quite heavily regulated.
                        But not illegal. and he just said a belt fed .50 cal. Not a belt fed .50 cal WHAT. Could be a belt fed .50 cal cheese slicer for all I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          But not illegal.
                          Which is why I said "quite heavily regulated" - the average Joe isn't gonna have legal access to one.

and he just said a belt fed .50 cal. Not a belt fed .50 cal WHAT. Could be a belt fed .50 cal cheese slicer for all I know.
                          A belt-fed .50 cal anything implies fully auto, but...

Comment

• I tend to 'yawn' with puzzlement concerning layman 'Chicken Little' disaster prophesies concerning Global Warming. Not because I disagree with the seriousness of the issue concerning the future, but because I do the math, and guess what; 'There is very little we can do about it.'

Though many of the proposals to reduce Global Warming are not worth while, but because they do not and cannot resolve the problem. We must do everything possible to adapt to the changing climate and Global Warming.

I only want to work within the 'real science' of Global Warming and the consequences.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              I tend to 'yawn' with puzzlement concerning layman 'Chicken Little' disaster prophesies concerning Global Warming. Not because I disagree with the seriousness of the issue concerning the future, but because I do the math, and guess what; 'There is very little we can do about it.'

Though many of the proposals to reduce Global Warming are not worth while, but because they do not and cannot resolve the problem. We must do everything possible to adapt to the changing climate and Global Warming.

I only want to work within the 'real science' of Global Warming and the consequences.

Comment

• Too much trouble ... Just sit back and wait for the climate to bring the beach to us.
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment